Old 11-25-2005, 02:05 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jeffreylin
The guys says money is no object.
NO! he said price was not an issue
Old 11-25-2005, 03:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

i would say the os tz 3 port. ive seen them run they are very fast motors and probably one of the easiest to tune, plus they are much less expensive, leaving more $$$ for fuel, tires, ect.
not sure about a pipe, have only had a ntc3, and of course only 2 good pipe options for that that dont work on any other car beside the ld3
Old 11-26-2005, 11:30 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rc racing dude
No doubt Jp is great, but wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy over priced for the full option ceramic bearing. Last time I checked $$$$ is an object!

If this is your first time for on-road racing, $$$ is going to be an issue, unless you have very deep pockets!!
my pockets are pretty deep thanks ive been in rc for almost 15 years just never tried onroad have a few buggies and truggies and trucks and heli and boats
Old 11-26-2005, 11:52 AM
Tech Regular

Red face

i should be done building it very soon ,just the holidays got me backed up a little ,got to tend to the wify a little ,some of you know what i mean. just bought the os tz 5 port, 2 3305 servos a vantage pipe and getting a pro paint job done as we speak so im figuring maybe by this thursday or earlier ill have it done and will post some pics .thought of a lot of cars but since im a big kyosho fan had to stick with this one and now they came out with the wc kit so i nabbed it and my sp2 cost me well over 2g here she is and both cars are going to be strickly for the track (been racing for years ) and are going to be shelf queens till april got my bashers anyway
Old 11-26-2005, 12:14 PM
Tech Regular

now i need some opinions on good foams and reg tires to get thanks guys would have goten the jp but went to races and saw them get spanked by the os 5 port so i nabbed one and a 18 tz for ofseason racing at our club since anything goes there
Old 11-26-2005, 04:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Theyre quite hard to get, but if you can manage to get some Kawahara foam tyres theyre supposed to be excellent.
The Ellegi`s, Jaco Nitro Shoes, and Power Tyres are all quite good.....I have found though that the Jaco`s tend to lose their rim shape easier than the Ellegis/Power Tyres.
Cheers
Old 11-26-2005, 04:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by mrgsr
I use silver springs on the front and black on the rear
currently have been using the stock weight
would it be better to go down to a softer oil or a harder oil ?

thanks
John
Shock oil will either speed up or slow down weight transfer and shock action, so it`ll depend on which type of track surface youre racing on.
If its smooth/high traction try a heavier oil....this`ll make the car more stable with direction changes.....especially in chicanes etc
For a bumpier track try a softer oil....this allows faster weight transfer/shock action and will help provide better traction and grip.
If its EC youre racing at, I usually run the stock weight oil there (500) but am gonna try the 400 and 600 as well and see how the grip and handling come up prior to Feb`s Nitro GP.
Cheers
Old 11-26-2005, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

hey andy...thanks mate
yeh its for ec

ive been using the stock weight, might try the lower oil next time
Old 11-26-2005, 05:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

looking for some suggestions just bought the rrr wc kit looking for the best pipe and engine combo ,price is not a issue also im looking towards the most reliable and legal fastest powerplant thanks guys ,my first onroad and would like it to be top
would have goten the jp but went to races and saw them get spanked by the os 5 port so i nabbed one
I thought you wanted a LEGAL engine ????? 5 port are not legal
Old 11-26-2005, 07:25 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mgtman
looking for some suggestions just bought the rrr wc kit looking for the best pipe and engine combo ,price is not a issue also im looking towards the most reliable and legal fastest powerplant thanks guys ,my first onroad and would like it to be top

FASTEST LEGAL POWERPLANT OSTZ 5 PORT
Old 11-27-2005, 09:10 AM
Tech Regular

Smile

ok at our club races yes it is , and if i go further might pick up a good 3 port anyway not a problem.i always have spare engines for my rc anyway cant stand down time 10-15 minutes and im running again
Old 11-28-2005, 03:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gearhead3
VZ218 Should be the correct out drive. For the Screews you want to use 1147, Size is 2.6x8 TP F/H.
GearHead:

Thank you, what about the front pulley for the diff? I assume i use the one from the front oneay, but to i remove the shield???? I look forward to hearing from you shorty.

BB
Old 11-28-2005, 01:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

The front diff uses the same size pulley as the one way.....you dont however glue the side to the pulley on the diff (as is required for the one way) or else the diff wont have enough clearance to fit.
VZ203 is the part number for the Pulley Set...... its probably easier to get a new pulley than to try and force the side off the one way pulley.
Cheers
Old 11-28-2005, 01:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by mrgsr
hey andy...thanks mate
yeh its for ec

ive been using the stock weight, might try the lower oil next time
Just as a bit of a guide....Surikarn used 600wt in his MTX3 at the 2003 Winternats at EC.....different spring weights (purple) though to the RRR.....theres a few setups from the Mugen guys at www.onlinehobbies.com.au for the local tracks.
Cheers
Old 11-30-2005, 02:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hi guys, need some advice here. I just got my WCE RRR from a local racer. Have been running the NTC3 for 2-3 years, I've to admit it was quite a leap for me to own this baby, it's soooo much complicated than the NTC3, looking forward to a pleasant experience with the RRR.

However, I find it a bltch to wrench with the philips head screws. I was wondering, was it me or was it because of the screws? I was using a Mugen philips screwdriver, but those screws are making me go nuts...and I'm thinking, should I get a screwdriver of "ultimatest quality" - HUDY, or I'm thinking of changing all the screws into hex screws/allen (possible to do so?)? Need advice! Thanks heaps!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.