Kyosho v-one rrr

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho v-one rrr

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 05:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

To get more steering you need to make changes that will result in more weight transfer to the front.
The first thing I`d be inclined to do would be to try softer tyres on the front.....also check that the front sway bar is flat, these are both quick and easy to do, then take the car give it a drive and see how these changes have affected the handling.
Old 09-07-2005, 05:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Team-RTR
andy if you want a really good setup that works well at ec here it is:

Front-
Swaybar: flat
Caster angle: 12.5
Toe angle: 1 out
Camber angle: -2 deg
Ride Height: 5mm
Tyres: 40 shore.....diameters 57mm
One-way
Shock position: stock
Spring: silver
shock oil: 40wt
Upper arm position: stock
Droop: adjust so that spring just touches preload collar when off the ground

Rear-
Swaybar: 2.0mm
Spring: black
Shock Position: 2
shock oil: 40wt
Camber: -3 deg
Toe angle: 3 deg in
Tyres: 40 shore diameter 59mm
Ride height: 6mm
Lower & Upper arms both in stock position
Diff oil: 10000wt
Droop: adjust so that spring just touches preload collar when off the ground
Yep agree with those tyre diameters....these certainly give much better speed thru the infield than the bigger diameters, I`ve also ran those ride heights before with very good results but went to 5.5mm all round last meeting to help provide a little more rear traction.
Next meeting I`m gonna try the 2.3mm sway bar, and somewhere down the track (no pun intended ) am gonna try the solid front diff.
Old 09-07-2005, 05:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nero1943
hey guys,

what should I adjust if I want more steering??? my settings are pretty much stock.
If you haven't tried softer front tires or it didn't have the desired effect, adjust the front roll center by raising the upper front arm and/or adding droop to the front(letting the arms hang down more).
Old 09-07-2005, 06:17 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Racing4Evo
If you haven't tried softer front tires or it didn't have the desired effect, adjust the front roll center by raising the upper front arm and/or adding droop to the front(letting the arms hang down more).
how would you adjust your rear roll center to get more steering?
Old 09-07-2005, 10:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey Peter, it's me Jonathan
yeah okay i'll try softer tyres first. Do you mean I can insert different plastic? the A B upper or lower thing?

Last edited by nero1943; 09-07-2005 at 10:36 PM.
Old 09-07-2005, 11:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Racing4Evo
Hi Racing4Evo! Adding more droop to the front (letting the arms hang down more) will reduce the steering even more as the weight will transfer more towards the rear end on power.
Old 09-08-2005, 09:47 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nero1943
Hey Peter, it's me Jonathan
yeah okay i'll try softer tyres first. Do you mean I can insert different plastic? the A B upper or lower thing?
Jonathan from Taiwan? Hey! I know what you are feeling. The softer tires really helped me when I ran at Silverstone and Titan. Stand the rear shocks all the way up and give the car more droop. I stuck the the stock roll center in Taiwan.
Old 09-08-2005, 09:51 AM
pme
Tech Adept

Default help!!!!

guys juz got the kit and building the one way fitting to the bulkhead.. one thing i noticed is that the one way diff has a play. (sideways left and right) is it normal? the bearing was in place, the tension for the belts are in their desired position.. why does the one way diff literally play sideways? is there any spacer needed? as i know, i follow the instructions of the manual clearly.
Old 09-08-2005, 01:44 PM
Tech Regular

Default track width

hey guys i recently installed the front diff in my wce after a couple of laps my universal shaft kept coming out of my outdrive (19) left side.
is there anyway to correct this problem?
the only thing i could do was to shorten the track width up front so it would stay in their,also what does shortening the track width up front do to the cars handling?
Old 09-08-2005, 05:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

If the front track width is narrower than the rear the main effects will be- increased front grip and faster steering response.
Old 09-08-2005, 05:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by pme
guys juz got the kit and building the one way fitting to the bulkhead.. one thing i noticed is that the one way diff has a play. (sideways left and right) is it normal? the bearing was in place, the tension for the belts are in their desired position.. why does the one way diff literally play sideways? is there any spacer needed? as i know, i follow the instructions of the manual clearly.
How much side play does it have?....mine has a very slight amount of side play...less than 1mm.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I had the same problem. I had to narrow my front track to 196-194 mm so the univerals would stay in. I found the car was easier to drive with a oneway over a diff. even on tight tracks. I will probably ever run a diff in a RRR again.

I run box stock except 10000 in the rear diff. number 10 servo saver and 8.5 caster, silver up front and black springs in back. The car is dialed!!
Old 09-08-2005, 08:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I had the same problem. I had to narrow my front track to 196-194 mm so the univerals would stay in. I found the car was easier to drive with a oneway over a diff. even on tight tracks. I will probably never run a diff in a RRR again.

I run box stock except 10000 in the rear diff. number 10 servo saver and 8.5 caster, silver up front and black springs in back. The car is dialed!!
Old 09-08-2005, 09:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Guys, there are plastic spacers that go between the outdrives and one-way pulley / shaft. The spacers will eliminate the play you have.
Old 09-08-2005, 09:11 PM
Tech Master

Default setups

hey phat,phat i run the same setup ,but with a oneway modified into a spool ,i run the evo 3, but i trying out the new novamaxx.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.