Originally Posted by rodneybarrett
After two long years fighting with my G4/mongoose(but with success), I have taken the plunge and have on order a V1RRR WCE (also from rc-toro).
1) I run mostly on short tracks so what pinion/spur combinations do I need to get to have the best acceleration?
2) What if any breakage parts to order (not prone to wreck much but just want to be prepared)
3) What parts do I need to order to end up with a front diff. I understand that some of the parts I need are already in the kit.
4) Any aftermarket parts that help the car (not looking for bling).
5) Any build tips.
I should have it by end of week. I will be strapping on my new 12TZ and OS pipe
1. Smaller pinion with a larger spur = more acceleration....the stock ones will work fine on short tracks, you can get a little more acceleration by running smaller diameter tyres.
2. The car is very durable but spares i carry are-
* Front and rear arms/hubs
* Shock towers front/rear
* Thrust bearing and both front & rear clutch bearings
* Hinge pins
* Fuel tank
* Spur gears
* Ball ends/cups
Upgrades I`d recommend-
Rear shock tower
If theres pebbles at your track....get the aluminium rear diff case- I`ve had the stock one strip teeth due to stones
Aluminium pulleys....for same reason as above.
If youre after more performance consider-
Lightweight clutch bell
Titanium 2 speed & mid shafts
3. Diff info is on page 35 top left corner of the manual as to which parts to order for diff/spool
5. Build tips-
Dont over tighten the fuel tank mounts
Brake calipers mount is wrong in manual....you`ll see though easily enough where the right holes are
When steering servo is centred, the horn mounts just to the left of top....say 1130 hours on a clock
Recommended clutch setting is too heavy....loosen it off
Two speed shifts best (depending on track) around 4 & 1/2 turns out to 4 & 3/4 turns out....not the 3 as recommended
Dont be surprised at the mid belt rubbing under the exhaust manifold....normal
Hope this helps