Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho v-one rrr

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2005, 02:54 PM
Tech Master

I find it the other way around.
Anything I get from America always gets charged it's full value in customs duty, so basically I have to double the listed price, where as parts from HK only gets a charge now and then.
Old 05-22-2005, 09:52 PM
Tech Master

Arrow

Originally Posted by NiMo
I find it the other way around.
Anything I get from America always gets charged it's full value in customs duty, so basically I have to double the listed price, where as parts from HK only gets a charge now and then.
why not try sending them via FED-EX or DHL might be a little cheaper if they are coming from America
Old 05-22-2005, 11:13 PM
Tech Master

Taxs........nooo more taxes...........LOL....anyone make it out to the RCX show and check out the Kyosho booth?
Old 05-22-2005, 11:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up

I just ordered one V1RRR WCE from rc-toro this morning. And I got the tracking number tonite. (surprisingly, delivery companies open on Sunday Man, that is what I would call quality serivce!
Old 05-23-2005, 06:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default Moved over to the Kyosho camp

After two long years fighting with my G4/mongoose(but with success), I have taken the plunge and have on order a V1RRR WCE (also from rc-toro).

Questions:

1) I run mostly on short tracks so what pinion/spur combinations do I need to get to have the best acceleration?
2) What if any breakage parts to order (not prone to wreck much but just want to be prepared)
3) What parts do I need to order to end up with a front diff. I understand that some of the parts I need are already in the kit.
4) Any aftermarket parts that help the car (not looking for bling).
5) Any build tips.

I should have it by end of week. I will be strapping on my new 12TZ and OS pipe

thanks.
Old 05-23-2005, 06:50 AM
Tech Adept

Default The effects of Solid Axle Differentials

Hi guys,

Anyone has an experience using the solid axle diff? whats the difference from one way and diff gear setup?

Thanks in advance...
Old 05-23-2005, 06:56 AM
Tech Adept

Default rear shock tower brace

anyone heard of this rear shock tower brace??..made by kawahara racing...saw it in a japanese rc magazine...
Old 05-23-2005, 07:05 AM
Tech Adept

Default rodneybarrett

1) I run mostly on short tracks so what pinion/spur combinations do I need to get to have the best acceleration
- if you'll get the WCE then no need to change the gearing setup, im also running on a short track, and its fine...

3) What parts do I need to order to end up with a front diff. I understand that some of the parts I need are already in the kit.
- I think here you can find the part number www.kyosho.co.jp, but if you'll get the WCE, you just need the diff gears...

5) Any build tips.
- Just follow exactly whats in the manual and you're ready to go...

I hope this helps a little.
Old 05-23-2005, 07:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rodneybarrett
After two long years fighting with my G4/mongoose(but with success), I have taken the plunge and have on order a V1RRR WCE (also from rc-toro).

Questions:

1) I run mostly on short tracks so what pinion/spur combinations do I need to get to have the best acceleration?
---> you can try to chang the pinion to 15T/20T. keep the original spur that came with the kit.

2) What if any breakage parts to order (not prone to wreck much but just want to be prepared)
---> so far, haven't broken any part of my rrr wce. i've had a collision on the strainght at full throttle with my rb rody v12 5 ports turbo engine and nothing was damaged except for the body. i've also been rear ended many times and nothing broke. i've flew off the track a couple of times and still nothing broke. this is a really tough car. just have a spare rear shock tower and belts.

---> i have posted the parts need including the part number a few pages back. check it out. all you need are the differential gears, drive cups, and the pin that holds the gears together.

4) Any aftermarket parts that help the car (not looking for bling).
---> i ordered the kyosho machined brake disc and i have yet to test it. so far, i have noticed some brake fade since i started running the kit. the wce comes with a stamped brake disc.

5) Any build tips.
---> just follow the manual. also, build the both rear and shock towers so as to save time. you can also try to mount the pipe holder on top of the chassis. it much easier to do but it does not look good but it does the job. when making the body holes, make sure that the rear post does not go under the wing. if it does, remove the rear mounts and attach it the other way around.

I should have it by end of week. I will be strapping on my new 12TZ and OS pipe

thanks.
hope i was able to help
Old 05-23-2005, 07:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cabworks
anyone heard of this rear shock tower brace??..made by kawahara racing...saw it in a japanese rc magazine...
haven't heard of it yet. can you post a pic of the kawahara rear shock tower brace??? thanks
Old 05-23-2005, 08:51 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bulletdays
Hi to all,

Im planning to get a new Novarossi engine, can you advise me if you know some engine which is better than nova.

Thanks in advance.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MESE:IT

Nice modded engine
Old 05-23-2005, 08:55 AM
Tech Adept

Hey Rodney,

Looks like we will be racing the same setup. Good, we can comapre notes!
Old 05-23-2005, 09:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default More questions from the newbie

I read a few post back about the manual saying that the rear toe is set to 2 degree OUT. Typically, there is toe-in in the rear and so I have to ask again. Is this right?

Also, does anyone know if the G4/Mongoose Front diff will work. It is the same as the old reflex which had a lot of parts as the VoneR.
Old 05-23-2005, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ziggy12345
Old 05-23-2005, 09:30 AM
Tech Adept

It is a typo, It is 2 in.

A few pages back is a linkn to the V one RRR WCE setup in english.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.