Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo GT-4???

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2001, 08:22 AM
Tech Regular

Cool Yokomo GT-4???

Hey All

I was wondering how much extra stuff you really have to put on this car to get it to run well... When to the Yokomo WebSite, and it seems like you need a New Upper Deck, Serpent clutch and 2-speed, Alum. mounts for the radio tray, Alum. Shock towers F/R...

Is the Chassis that flexy!!!

I've got an OB4 right now, and was thinking about getting another car. Most of the guys I race with run Yokomo's, but after adding up the cost for the min. upgrades I might as well get a Impact 4WD its cheaper.

The guys I run with say thats the min to really run well. Or are they just saying this because they forgot how the basic car runs. I can't believe you need to put in $350 in upgrades just to run with the crowd... I don't care about looks just how it drives.

Keep the Rubber(or Foam)on the Road!!!

Bradley J. Gotori
[email protected]
Old 08-22-2001, 11:05 AM
Tech Master

Even with an Impulse, you still need a few parts to ensure a stiff chassis, although there are really only two that I would consider MUST have (3 if you get the one with the RE engine). They are the Aluminum Radio tray support, the Aluminum Chassis braces, and the Rear exhaust chassis brace/belt tensioner. You MUST have this part with the RE engine, because the belt will rub against the header if you don't. See how this compares to what they say you need for the GT-4.
Old 08-22-2001, 06:49 PM
Tech Regular

Hey TurnNBurn

That makes the cost of a Basic Yokomo more than a New NT serpent... Seems a bit much... With any 1/8 car there aren't any hop-ups that you need to be with the crowd... Just seems a to much
Old 08-22-2001, 06:50 PM
Tech Regular

Hey TurnNBurn

That makes the cost of a Basic Yokomo more than a New NT serpent... Seems a bit much... With any 1/8 car there aren't any hop-ups that you need to be with the crowd... Just seems a to much

Bradley J. Gotori
[email protected]
Old 08-22-2001, 10:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Location: Beautiful Downtown L.A. Where the sky is always on fire and the grass is always brown
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

bgotori - just get the mrx2

Oops, I meant MRX-3. Speedtech has it! Nothing else to buy to run with the big boys except .21 engine.... With the smaller car you'll still be buying foam tires.... This way we can practice, crash, practice

Last edited by minicooper; 08-22-2001 at 11:32 PM.
Old 08-23-2001, 07:33 AM
Tech Regular

Cool

Hey mini

Yea, it looks cheaper than a Sedan... But the problem is that Crystal Park is the only place to Race. The wife type lets me do the RC thing when were at the Farm, I can go to Camarillo and run with the guys there. But when were in Town I really can't go RCing... She has to many things for me to do... Sooo I was looking at the Sedan's.

Man, that Yokomo looks like about $480 for the car and motor, plus $350-$400 in stuff just to get it up and running right, that's not including any spares... Oh Well... Will see...

Bradley J. Gotori
[email protected]
Old 08-23-2001, 10:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Location: Beautiful Downtown L.A. Where the sky is always on fire and the grass is always brown
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Isn't there a yokomo "special" with all the extras???
Old 08-23-2001, 10:48 PM
Tech Master

The only "Special" I know of is the conversion for the MR4-TC.
Old 08-24-2001, 08:29 AM
Tech Adept

Does anyone want to trade their Yokomo Gt4 for a Mugen Mtx2

Please let me know
at [email protected]
pictures are upon request

Thanks
Old 08-24-2001, 07:30 PM
Tech Elite

bgtori:
The camarillo track had just got it's first face lift this year. 2 speed is a plus here. The track is faster than ever. I heard the electric guys are pissed. The layout is definitely for speed freak gas guys. Their club is maintaining the track everyday. Cleaning and spraying stuff on the track. Tire selection is almost no problem. A lot of guys here are also running the yok.....around 10 or more. So if you break....a lot of guys can help you out with the parts.

cheers!
Old 08-24-2001, 10:54 PM
Tech Regular

Cool

Hey TambokGT

The Electric guys that I saw there the day after they laid it down, really liked it. But I haven't been over there since then...

Have I meet you??? I'm the FAT japanese guy(with glasses)with the OB4, and driving the White Jeep with the two Yakami Rocket boxes on top.

Keep the Rubber(or Foam)on the Road!!1

Bradley J. Gotori
[email protected]

Last edited by bgotori; 08-27-2001 at 06:44 PM.
Old 08-27-2001, 06:44 PM
Tech Regular

Cool

Hey All

Is the Kit disc brake Plastic or carbon fiber???

Thanks

Bradley J. Gotori
[email protected]
Old 09-02-2001, 12:45 AM
Tech Master

bgtori:
Dude, oh ....I met you already. I was the Filipino guy with the Yokomo and the Serpent Impulse. We were asking about the yokomo GT4. We have a new layout ....very fast. Check us out here.

TambokGT
Old 09-02-2001, 11:58 AM
Tech Adept

Hey Bgotori, Steve N. from Ofna races at the friday nite frenzy @ Crystal Park. Glitch 44 too. Steve will talk you into keeping the OB4, no doubt, LOL.
Old 09-04-2001, 01:42 PM
Tech Initiate

yokomo is coming out w/ the car the GT-4R..IT HAS EVERYTHING ALREADY..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.