Community
Wiki Posts
Search

bog??

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2004, 06:12 PM
Tech Rookie

Default bog??

my car has just been run in and im taking it on higer speed runs with the high speed screw leaner, but even before this the car would run great for about 3-5 mins but then after that i give it throttle and it just boggs out and dies... what is wrong??
Old 09-05-2004, 02:25 AM
Tech Adept

is this a request for toilet paper ?

it could be too lean especially if the engine is stuttering near or at WOT. but its difficult to diagnose over the net , best bet would be to get your LHS or someone knowledgable to take a look at it. you could always reset to factory needle setting and start tuning from there. Good Luck
Old 09-05-2004, 02:27 AM
Tech Rookie

sorry bout the misunderstanding but yea it just seems to be loaded up and just boggs even if i give it throttle and eventually it just dies
Old 09-05-2004, 08:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Sounds like your low end needle is too rich. Not too sure though
Old 09-06-2004, 10:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default More info

What temp is the engine when it dies and does it start right back up?
Old 09-06-2004, 11:06 PM
Tech Rookie

the engine would be quite hot (dont have a temp gauge) and it does start right back up, i think it may be too lean, what are the best main and low end needle positions on a force .12?
Old 09-07-2004, 02:41 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by rancrs
the engine would be quite hot (dont have a temp gauge) and it does start right back up, i think it may be too lean, what are the best main and low end needle positions on a force .12?
I think you are right, you are running too lean and basically your engine flames out only after couple of minutes because of overheating.

Try this. With your current setting, ritchen the high-speed needle by 1/2 turn. Then run your car for a couple of minutes. If you experience that the car is bogging down during full-throttle runs then your low-speed needle is too lean. Test this by pinching your fuel line while the car is idling. The engine should rev-up for a second or two before dying out. If it doesn't rev-up then your low-speed needle is too lean. Ritchen it by 1/8 turn only. Run your car again, test and adjust your low-speed needle till you get your desired results.

WATER DROP TEST: After a couple of minutes running, put two or three drops of water at the heatsink directly around the glowplug. If it slowly sizzles, your engine temperature is at a moderate level. If the water immediately evaporates, your are running quite lean.
Old 09-07-2004, 11:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default check

carb vacuum leak? or a pinched o ring in the carb? return line to the tank, brake bind,idle settings, bad fuel,bad glow plug
Old 09-07-2004, 01:54 PM

Bottom needle setting to lean, richen it 1/4 turn and go from there.