R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-16-2011, 02:22 PM   #1
Tech Rookie
Exclamation kyosho protein alpha gp (Rebuild) (Take 2)

I got this car in kit for when i was 13 & started to build it 2 years later. I managed to get the car running after building it & realising the cylinder sleve/liner wasnnt in correct (ready to run engine too ) after turning that 90 degrees & getting it fired up everything was hunkey dorey BUT... after using it about 3 runs i tryed to set off & the engine would rev slightly even when flat out but the car woudnt/coudnt move. I adjusted the brakes & rebuilt the cluch thinking that the brake or cluch was sticking & it was fine after that for another 4 runs. At about its 7th run it seemed to have the sticking problem a couple of times. on its 8th run it woudnt start & loads of fuel came out of the exhaust & other unusual places & their seemed to be hardley any compression when pulling the starting cord (GX-12 engine).

I have finnaly got it back out & come to the conclusion that the sleve/liner or piston is damaged. Im thinking of getting a GX-15 engine for my car but i want more power then i found a GXR-15 but i cant seem to find one with a cluch allready attached & i dont know if it will fit. Anybody know the diference between the Kyosho GX-12, GX-15 & GXR-15?

what i have done:
I have stripped most of the chassis down (AGAIN)
Full set of Oil shocks (cant remember what make)
New radio gear

What im going to try & do:
Get much more powerful servos
Failsafe (my last one was dodgy)
Kyosh GX-15/GXR-15 engine
Alloy wheels so i dont demolish them lik emy crappy plastic ones that came with the kit

Begginers luck MY ASS never came to me & this was a begginers kit
(Advice & Ideas are welcome)
Attached Thumbnails
kyosho protein alpha gp (Rebuild)-pict0006.jpg   kyosho protein alpha gp (Rebuild)-pict0007.jpg   kyosho protein alpha gp (Rebuild)-pict0018.jpg   kyosho protein alpha gp (Rebuild)-pict0041.jpg   kyosho protein alpha gp (Rebuild)-pict0038.jpg  

Last edited by adam wright; 12-20-2011 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Started again.
adam wright is offline   Reply With Quote

adam wright, kyosho, kyosho protein alpha gp