Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Kyosho GT1 & GT2...differences? >

Kyosho GT1 & GT2...differences?

Kyosho GT1 & GT2...differences?

Old 11-29-2012, 08:26 PM
Tech Rookie

hey guys whats is the fastest engine out there now that fit on the gt2 ?
Old 11-30-2012, 01:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by weedy219
all depends on the budget that you have because there are many good engines on the market right now. what are looking for would be the right question to be able to give you a good answer.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:39 PM
Tech Addict

Smile eng. ????

Define your track/race/$ rules.....

I was at a race where the $ limit was $200 and a $180 Nova 3 port 'stood it's ground' but a 5 port $200 NovaRossi showed a stronger pull. I ran a .24 with less
rpm in the range and should have geared 'up' to stay up with the rpm boys.

If you want 'ultimate GRUNT' get the Nova .28 7T if your race will allow the $ and I seriously doubt you will have anyone on your rear bumper!!!!

A multiport .21 from NovaRossi that revs to the moon is not for everyone but it does get the 'juices' flowing......
Old 12-04-2012, 06:19 PM
Tech Addict

Smile for weedy

i have a kyosho inferno gt2 the manual say but i would like to see picture of the gt1 and the gt2 side by side so i can see the difference
If you've done the 'stretch' to the GT2, you've noticed that the longer steering rod was needed.

The way I can tell a GT vs. the GT2 without the body is that the space at the front steering upright and the servo tray and the space from the rear of the radio box and the rear 'diff.' is about 3/4" greater each end on the GT2 than the GT. The longer chassis, longer braces, longer body, longer drive shafts had been mentioned already.

I prefer the shorter GT format and I had tried the GT2 first. The GT2 wouldn't turn for me as well as the GT. I'm not sure where you run that a GT can't be as 'stable' as you need. I run fine at speed on the long straights.