Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 02:30 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Suggestions?

First off, thank you to those who responsded to my post last night, your help was really appreciated. I seem to have a much better idea right now, but I'm trying to decide on the following:
I know this will sound somewhat backwards but I would like to do is buy a RTR Nitro Touring car to race w/ at least 1 of my friends in parking lots, streets, etc. and set up our own tracks. I plan to use that car to make mistakes, work on it, possibly hop it up a bit and learn more about Nitro. Later in the winter, I would like to buy a used nitro truck and race at the new indoor track near my house. I am trying to figure out which would be better though for me to start out with. I was originally set on the RSR4 3 EVO, but under consideration I liked the suggested idea of getting the RTR NTC3 I like how it comes w/ the glow starter and fuel tank for 109. When visiting the hobby shop today they had a lot of Losi Parts and Associated parts also, but do you think they majority of them are only for buggy/truck? Touring is not big in my area of Pennsylvania so it makes me wonder. The guy did say that they had a good many parts for HPI that would work for cars so I assume the same with Associated. What do you guys think? What would you do if you were me?
Old 08-18-2004, 11:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Id go with NTC3, good car, you can hop it up later to race it. I had bad experience with RS4 3s.