Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Newbie's second car >

Newbie's second car

Newbie's second car

Old 01-30-2011, 10:33 AM
Tech Regular

Just had a quick look, hpi do a range of 200mm pre painted bodies available in quite a few uk online stores if you have a quick search
They will still need cutting though as most car have slightly different wheelbases
Old 01-30-2011, 10:44 AM
Tech Adept

My key area of concern is width and body mounts. If those two are correct, I can work something out for the rest.

I have seen photos of cars with different shell posts. Some have the shell posts on the front bumper, while others have them on the suspension tower. I am assuming there is no standard on body mounts.

Would this work?

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.php?product_id=22448
Old 01-30-2011, 10:52 AM
Tech Regular

Most 200mm cars have the body mounts mounted on the front bumper and the rear shock tower, but where ever they are should cause you an issue, you shouldn't need to buy anything else to mount a body!

That body should fit so long as it clears you front shock tower ok, but you may need to cut a hole for the engine with that!
Old 01-30-2011, 11:10 AM
Tech Adept

i think i will just get this one

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.php?product_id=38042

i can manage to make a few holes for it.
Old 02-01-2011, 02:03 AM
Tech Adept

Default luckiest newbie in the world?

this from the notification email by capricorn:

your order has been shipped yesterday
you will receive the new version of Lab C01 and you are the first one
we wil release a new versione " European Chanpion limited edition 2010" with some new parts as
pulley kevlar kit
front sway bar kit
bumper plate and lateral brace in plastic
new red shock spring

I am the first one to receive the new version?!?!?!!!?!?! This is just my first nitro car ever and I am given this honour!!!! The universe must love me today
I don't understand though if they mean that the kit I will receive is the Euro Champion Edition that has all those new parts, or I am receiving an in-between version that will be able to be upgraded by those parts?

Regardless, this has made my day

Last edited by omegaf; 02-01-2011 at 05:05 AM.
Old 02-01-2011, 05:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by omegaf
this from the notification email by capricorn:

your order has been shipped yesterday
you will receive the new version of Lab C01 and you are the first one
we wil release a new versione " European Chanpion limited edition 2010" with some new parts as
pulley kevlar kit
front sway bar kit
bumper plate and lateral brace in plastic
new red shock spring

I am the first one to receive the new version?!?!?!!!?!?! This is just my first nitro car ever and I am given this honour!!!! The universe must love me today
I don't understand though if they mean that the kit I will receive is the Euro Champion Edition that has all those new parts, or I am receiving an in-between version that will be able to be upgraded by those parts?

Regardless, this has made my day
grats on scoring the new model
Before you get a body , i would suggest going out to check out the racing action one race day and having a chat to owners of the Lab who are running them.
They can give you some tips on building where they might have come across a glitch , and also suggest some bodies which work well with the particular car.
Different racing bodies have different handling characteristics which will affect which one you will want to us for your car.there are bodies which handle neutral, and others which are more twitchy to drive.
Some have more front turn in while others have more downforce overall etc
Old 02-01-2011, 09:01 AM
Tech Adept

i dont know where to go really.
the only track i have found in london allows electric cars only because it is in a residential area. plenty of tracks outside of london but they are pretty far unfortunately.
i received the servos for it today. Savox SC-1251MG Low Profile Size Servo.
i gotta say they are quite nice. they come in a nice plastic box with plenty of screws and plastic arms. i haven't powered them up to test them yet.
I won't worry about the bodyshell just yet. I won't be running it any time soon and since it will be on display, i will probably keep it without a shell.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:13 AM
Tech Regular

If you fancy a day trip to see some pre season action come see us here

http://www.mmmrc.org/Pages/KyoshoCup/Round_One.htm
Next round is on 20th feb, I'll bee making a 400 n odd mile round trip, if you fancy it bring ya car down we can take alook at it for ya, make sure you get all the linkages working rite and your clutch, be a real eye opener for you, may even get to see the likes of mark green driving his 1/8th round there, always worth a look!