Wiki Posts
Search

TM G4RS 09 vs Xray NT1, Kyosho V1RRR

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 05:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default TM G4RS 09 vs Xray NT1, Kyosho V1RRR

A mate and I have been running Kyosho V1RR cars since we started racing this year.
We have been looking for our next upgrade cars with one of us looking at the Xray Nt1 and the other a Kyosho V1RRR

We have since came across a deal for two Team Magic G4RS 2009 cars fitted with Sirrio T3 Evo 4 Sti engines.

So thew question is which would you prefer and maybe why?

I like the Kyosho because the V1RR is as tough as nails, my mate likes Xray because they have great manuals and some smart engineering on his Xray T3 electric.

The TM G4RS is the big unknown, one guy at the track said that one of the Team Magic electrics wasn't as durable as the Xray T3, but this was one persons thoughts on one car and might not be the same on all TM cars.

Another thing my brain tells me is the TM cars don't seem to be featured as much in the big races, are they of the same pedigre?

So yeah what do you think?
Old 10-26-2010, 05:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

i have had the v-one rrr its a nice car but me the car didnt work for me
then i got the nt1 its a way better car over the v-one rrr setup on it is smooth and very fast

but now i run the g4 rs09 and to tell you the truth i love very easy to drive very fast and easy to work on i love this car but if you do get it you will need to get some of the kfactory parts for it A+++++++++

here is a list of parts
k14201
k14200
k14202
k14243
k14228
k14257
k14227
k14207
they are a must to me
k14231
k14225
k14226
k14217
k14216
k14219
k14220
k14213
are parts i have that i think make it better
Old 10-26-2010, 07:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Agreed,

I have a G4RS 09 as well and find the Car extremely well designed as well as very competitive with other types and models.

I also agree to go with the K Factory options for it and I am sure that if you choose to go with it you will also find it very cool and suited to your needs and skill level.

Additionally, these cars also look brilliant!

Cheers Ian
Old 10-26-2010, 09:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks for the replies, i like hearing others thoughts on such matters.

I just spoke to the seller and he was saying how the 09 model of the G4RS is made with different plastic bits or redesigned from the original G4, so perhaps it's more durable.

The seller also said he had a V1RRR and the durability was maybe not as good as the older V1RR, but i guess thats part of the trade off for being lighter.
Old 10-27-2010, 03:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Originally Posted by NitoriousRC
Thanks for the replies, i like hearing others thoughts on such matters.

I just spoke to the seller and he was saying how the 09 model of the G4RS is made with different plastic bits or redesigned from the original G4, so perhaps it's more durable.

The seller also said he had a V1RRR and the durability was maybe not as good as the older V1RR, but i guess thats part of the trade off for being lighter.
there are 2 g4rs one is just the g4rs and the other is the g4rs 09

the 2 the guy is selling are g4rs 09 models for the price you cant go wrong
i would buy them but i dont need 3 lol and the other half will kill me
Old 10-27-2010, 05:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I have tested most cars out there. The Xray NT1's is by far the easiest to work on, drive and setup.

The quality and fitting of the parts is the highest of all manufacturers out there.

I have seen a few Team Magics (top drivers) here in my local track, but their durability is very questionable. Kyosho is a good car, but there is already a new car about to come out so I wouldn't see the RRR as an option.
Old 10-27-2010, 04:35 PM
Tech Addict

I have the RRR evo 2 WCTE, and I would really love to get myself an NT1 after this is finished. There is something about it that makes it seem better then the RRR, something more forgiving.
I would go the XRay NT1.
Old 10-27-2010, 05:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DJ_Shakespear
I have the RRR evo 2 WCTE, and I would really love to get myself an NT1 after this is finished. There is something about it that makes it seem better then the RRR, something more forgiving.
I would go the XRay NT1.
You won't be disappointed with the NT1.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:35 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

In all honesty, its the Racer not the car (for the most part). For a while going against Mugens, Magics, Kyoshos and every othe Belt Drive NTC3s were still making podiums. The reason why you do not see a lot of Magics on the Podium isnt because it is a inferior design. But Marketing and money. They can not afford to sponsor and essentially give away cars, parts, and pay for drivers to fly across the world. Simple as that. In all honesty The MTX-4, V-One-RRR, NT1, and Magic given to four top drivers will probably give you identical results. If you have a few friends that will let you race see which one fits your driving style best, then look for parts availability in your area. If you constantly have to get parts off the net and cant afford to stockpile back up parts thats a huge consideration. Also if you are the only person in your area or at your track racing a certain car, who can you turn to for advice, for a spare A arm, give set up tips too. Not saying be a sheep, but just some things to consider.