Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Questions about me.

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 09:08 PM
Tech Addict

Angry Questions about me.

OK, as the title suggests, I have some questions about myself I need answered.

1. Apparently I am a know-it-all and I post a lot of rubbish information.

Sure, I might make a mistake and say something wrong, but people are there to tell me my mistake and correct me - I say thanks to them.
So where is it wrong now?

2. I know nothing about engines/modding them.

OK, I've said before I can do a few little tweaks to nitro engines and give them a little boost over a stock engine. I'm nothing like a whole bunch of other people out there like Grinder (Murnan Modified) and Adam (AB Mods), but we do have to begin somewhere. But to say I know nothing about engines - how is that possible????
Maybe I'm just frustrated, I don't know, but where did all of this come from??? It was good before, now it's like I'm out there trying to mislead people.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I will tell your from experience that anybody on this board that posts too much (subjective) will be labeled a know-it-all and will end up irritating some of the viewers here.

You post a lot.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:25 PM
Tech Regular

why ya stressin ova this its only a forum bro ... just tell em to f'off or by the sounds of it u know them or they no u ... say it to there face .. dont take it.. my 2cents's
Old 01-19-2011, 09:42 PM
Tech Addict

@Scott: Well, I do try to help out, and most of the time I reply to other peoples comments and the other half on-subject.

@Sly: I don't actually know them, but they already don't like me

Im not tryin to step on anyone's toes, just giving out my help where I can. Is that so wrong??
Old 01-19-2011, 09:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DJ_Shakespear
OK, as the title suggests, I have some questions about myself I need answered.

1. Apparently I am a know-it-all and I post a lot of rubbish information.

Sure, I might make a mistake and say something wrong, but people are there to tell me my mistake and correct me - I say thanks to them.
So where is it wrong now?

2. I know nothing about engines/modding them.

OK, I've said before I can do a few little tweaks to nitro engines and give them a little boost over a stock engine. I'm nothing like a whole bunch of other people out there like Grinder (Murnan Modified) and Adam (AB Mods), but we do have to begin somewhere. But to say I know nothing about engines - how is that possible????
Maybe I'm just frustrated, I don't know, but where did all of this come from??? It was good before, now it's like I'm out there trying to mislead people.

Ignore them who posted bad about you. try to post best Info you can to help people. some others might not like your replys and say your wrong. if you helped some one and they posted a reply saying thank you know your INFO helped. as stated Ignore the Negative replies towards you.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

You tweak engines? onroad .21?
Old 01-19-2011, 11:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

DJ life is about choices, you have made choice to post your opinion or as you say to help others. The others have made a choice to read your post. So being that there is no right or wrong both you and the reader are responsible for your own actions and opinions.

I don't know of anyone reading the fourm is being forced to do so. This is not about you.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I aint been here for too long but I have seen a few of ya posts and so far i reckon you go ok.

Always got an answer for a newb and stuff so yeah go eat a muffin and quit all ya puffin!

Old 01-19-2011, 11:57 PM
Tech Lord

The problem on this forums is that newcommers have to deal with the settled names and the loyalty of many users on these forums with them, you do not fit in the group.
As I always say, anyone can change the cranktiming but even then most here would not advise it and let it over to the experienced moddrs. And I dare to say that when a guy like Murnan tells a totally crap over here most people would believe it. I have seen it, there is a topic in the offroad section about which needle to turn where to in certain circumstances. The guy written that article was wrong about the oil change and I noticed that, it became a discussion why I was wrong but finally the article writer had to agree with me.

Just be sure of what you write but do know the technical story behind it. Not what I just saw about "special engine bearings but you do not know why"
Old 01-20-2011, 12:11 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DJ_Shakespear
@Scott: Well, I do try to help out, and most of the time I reply to other peoples comments and the other half on-subject.

@Sly: I don't actually know them, but they already don't like me

Im not tryin to step on anyone's toes, just giving out my help where I can. Is that so wrong??
oh sorry i just read they were talking about lillydale track and stuff ... thought they knew ya ...

dont stress man ... when i asked about thos airbox's you came on and said what they are called and posted good info for me to use .. sooo ya helped me bro relax
Old 01-20-2011, 02:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

DJ, whilst I understand your excited, eager and love the hobby, RCTECH is seen by many as the "bible" of RC. Whenever I want to purchase something new, I usually do my research first on these forums to see what people say about the products they actually use.

No disrespect, but it sounds to me like you have only ever owned a Kyosho RRR and a Picco engine, yet you commenting on posts you have no experience on.

Examples:

1. Someone wanting to know about .21 Novarossi engines - you don't even race 1/8th, and have not even owned any of these engines. What happens if this person goes and buys the engine on your assumption?(see this post)

2. Someone wanting to know the difference between a Max and a Flash (which you haven't owned either of) and you talk like you have owned both (see this post)

3. You ask a question about RB engines and glow plugs, two of the top RB drivers in Australia (and past multiple national champs) reply, and you totally ignore them continuing to rant on. Why post a question and not listen to anyone's advise? (see this post)

Enjoy, participate and have fun on these forums, keep RCTECH informative and un-biased.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Novarossi
DJ, whilst I understand your excited, eager and love the hobby, RCTECH is seen by many as the "bible" of RC. Whenever I want to purchase something new, I usually do my research first on these forums to see what people say about the products they actually use.

No disrespect, but it sounds to me like you have only ever owned a Kyosho RRR and a Picco engine, yet you commenting on posts you have no experience on.

Examples:

1. Someone wanting to know about .21 Novarossi engines - you don't even race 1/8th, and have not even owned any of these engines. What happens if this person goes and buys the engine on your assumption?(see this post)

2. Someone wanting to know the difference between a Max and a Flash (which you haven't owned either of) and you talk like you have owned both (see this post)

3. You ask a question about RB engines and glow plugs, two of the top RB drivers in Australia (and past multiple national champs) reply, and you totally ignore them continuing to rant on. Why post a question and not listen to anyone's advise? (see this post)

Enjoy, participate and have fun on these forums, keep RCTECH informative and un-biased.
not to mention the signature
Old 01-20-2011, 03:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hey dj dont let them get to you if you wanna post just post it but just be sure of what you write,but sometimes its better to listen and learn take it or leave it just enjoy yourself its only a hobby.

have fun at the vics
Old 01-20-2011, 05:43 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by BigBellyCat
You tweak engines? onroad .21?
I am yet to do a .21 onroad! I've done .12's, .15's and a .32 before all hitting the right areas that the people asked for!
Originally Posted by Novarossi

Examples:

Ahh, I see where I may have mislead people into thinking that I've actually owned those before - thanks for bringing that to light
I was just saying what the majority of people have been saying about those particular engines, and from whatever information I've managed to read up on.
But with the RB plugs section, I do see where I crapped on Kyle - now I feel bad! But I didn't ignore them (see post #13, and the last one), I was just saying that the 6 plug I was running was good for the track I'm running at, but I was yet to try any others until I realised something was going wrong with it.

Hehehe, thanks for the input and thanks Novarossi (I have NO idea who you are!!) for shedding light on the posts that portray me as a douche!!
I hope I do well at the Vics, but the RB is either not gonna run or be very late!! (Still waiting on a P/S/Pin from AMain, hopefully it's gonna arrive Friday morning!!)
Old 01-20-2011, 06:07 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

This is really an odd topic.

DJ, you appear to either be a glutton for punishment, or starved for attention.

Regardless, this is an open forum, with no credentials required.

So feel free to post what you want, when you want, and realize everyone on here also has an opinion.

Lastly, I suggest you quit drawing this type of attention to yourself, unless you truly enjoy taking a bunch of 'arrows'.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.