Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Good servo for 1/8 onroad??

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 02:47 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MRX4XXXX
Thanks for everybody. It's nice to see that I'm not alone thinking about these things...

The price range is somewhere in the VZ-SRG area. The RSX-level hurts a little bit too much. Second, you have to always remember that it's the total cost that counts. If something fails, (receiver, battery, throttle servo), I will loose the engine at the same time, in the worst case scenario...

-X-

(-3C and snowing today)
Also looking forward to some warmth!!!

I'm not a pro but I would hazard a guess that speed isn't really a major factor in 1/8 as it would be in, say 1/12?

As long as your speed is around the 0.10 mark then this would be fine. Savox are very popular in the UK at the moment for some reason. I have a few in both electric and nitro cars and never had a problem, they also look very cool!

I have heard bad things about the KO servo's not being as good as they once were, but then I suppose it depends who you talk to. I have a Futaba BLS servo in my 5s lipo buggy and it is also very very good and taken some serious bashing with no problems.

One thing I would say is, stay away from Team Associated servos. They offer some good specs but I had a few problems with them blowing fets. They are badged as AceRC.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Cmon guys pricing should be the least important once you are in this hobby! OK you save some hear and there but that only leads you to buying either another kit or more unnecessary stuff (like me). Theres a reason why certain servos are priced the way they do. I had to replace my whole front end of my Evolva M3 Evo cause my Savox titanium series shut down due to heavy load and cause me to crah at highspeed turn which led to other crashing into me. this happen to another driver who had the same servo in his Durango 1/8 buggy. I've use the new ko rsx since it came out and drive every weekend still no issues!

Last edited by hotdognobun; 01-21-2011 at 07:52 AM.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MRX4XXXX
Used to use Sanwa ERG-VZ, but it seems to be discontinued product. Looking for good servo's to my brand new MRX5-car. Any suggestions? Maybe I'm wrong but it looks likes that the new Sanwa servo's are not giving as good tech specs than the old ones (13kg/0.10sec). What would be the VZ replacement from the new ones?

Or would it still be wice to try to find a couple of VZ-servos and go with them?

-X-
(-1C and raining ice-cold water today here)
ON the contrary, the airtronics digital servos tech specs don't portray their overall speeds; meaning the overall application-digital servos hold their torque throughout the range of motion whereas the analog's max torque is at the end of rotation, which can mean that they're equally as fast as the .06 fast analog servos in application or faster. But coupled with the airtronics 92744 and 92451, the overall speeds are increased in the digital servos; more so if you use the 92451 with SSR servos, but in either case both receivers produce the fastest digital servo response in the industry if I'm not mistaken.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

That one is correct also.

Another thing, how many of you have fried receivers or servos with some kind of lipo-setup, or with the new receiver's boosted SSR or other settings?? Also, tell me what combinations they were and what kind of vehicle?

-X-

(-5C and cloudy)
Old 01-18-2012, 04:59 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

How many kg min for a 1:8 on road steering? Thxs!
Old 01-18-2012, 05:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

HS-7945TH
Old 01-18-2012, 07:41 PM
Tech Adept

I ran savox in my Capricorn 1/8scale this past year with no issues and they're lipo friendly. KO has very nice servos as well and they feel super smoother...