Community
Wiki Posts
Search

new to onroad...good kit?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2004, 04:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Default new to onroad...good kit?

I am planning on building a nitro on road car. I've been racing and bashing offroad monstertrucks for about four years now, so I have alot of experience wiht nitro...
but I dont know which kit to get.

I would like a kit, not an RTR, one with good features that could be raced with little hopups...
I was thinking the Team Associated Factory team kit...would this be a good chioce?

what would be better?

I have a good radio so all I would need would be the kit and a motor...

thanks guys

pedro
Old 08-07-2004, 04:48 PM
Tech Adept

Some things to consider, where you race and what the other guys race as well. Does your local shop support what they sell?
The MTX3 is an awesome car, as is the TC3. All makes are good kits, some are better than others. The Serpent 705 is top notch, but you will spend plenty in spare parts, the HPI R-40 is also a killer ride and very reasonable on the parts.
If I where to get back into Sedan, it would be the R-40 or the MTX3, simply because parts are reasonable and they are very strong cars.
Hope this helps you out,
Smitty
Old 08-07-2004, 07:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The ofna ld3 pro is great. Ofna is making a new car called the cd3 which is a new version of the ld3. You can get the ld3 pro for about $220. It is so durable that my buddy was jumping his ld3 rtr off ramps. Also at the track, i can keep up with the mtx-3 easily. For the price i think it would be the best bet.
Old 08-07-2004, 08:47 PM
Tech Initiate

the cars you mentioned (aside from the ld3) are belt driven...which is better? belt or shaft drive?

I like the looks (and especially the pricing) of the LD3, but I only see it as an RTR...I would much rather have a kit than an RTR. Any ideas where I can find a kit?

And is the LD3 pretty much race ready?
Of course I plan to do some upgrades to whatever I get, but I would like to have something race worthy to start with so I dont have to be in a hurry to spend alot of money.

or perhaps I should hold out for the cd3...when will it be out?

thanks guys for all your help
pedro

Last edited by pedro_sandchez; 08-07-2004 at 09:08 PM.
Old 08-08-2004, 12:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

wait a couple of weeks and get the CD3 pro. the importer of hong nor/ofna in to Australia commented on the car "comparing the LD3 to CD3 is like chalk and cheese, the CD3 has unbeleivable top speed compared to the LD3 and the CD3 handles like a dream... it handles just as well as an MTX3"i know thats at the top of my to buy list. The acceleration of shaft and the handling to an MTX3.... oh the possibilities!
Old 08-08-2004, 03:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

Both LD3 and CD3 come in pro kits. Are you buying in the States or elsewhere? I bought my kit from Hong Kong.

I love my LD3. I race against a MTX3, Serpent 710, 2 V1 RR's and the car is able to keep up. Sometimes I'm not good enough to keep up but the car is. I would go for the CD3. I have only heard good things about it.

There are a lot of good cars out there. Spare part availability is the biggest concern.
Old 08-08-2004, 03:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

Both LD3 and CD3 come in pro kits. Are you buying in the States or elsewhere? I bought my kit from Hong Kong.

I love my LD3. I race against a MTX3, Serpent 710, 2 V1 RR's and the car is able to keep up. Sometimes I'm not good enough to keep up but the car is. I would go for the CD3. I have only heard good things about it.

There are a lot of good cars out there. Spare part availability is the biggest concern.