Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Orion .12 WASP

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 08:10 AM
Tech Initiate

Lightbulb Team Orion .12 WASP

Hi, could anyone tell me what a good price for the team Orion crf wasp .12 would be ? Also where the best place (on the Internet) is to buy it from. If you have any other suggestions of other .12nitro engines I should take notice of please tell me any suggestions welcome. I am looking price wise anything lower than about £150 thanks,- James
Old 01-11-2011, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Wasp

Originally Posted by jwright1
Hi, could anyone tell me what a good price for the team Orion crf wasp .12 would be ? Also where the best place (on the Internet) is to buy it from. If you have any other suggestions of other .12nitro engines I should take notice of please tell me any suggestions welcome. I am looking price wise anything lower than about £150 thanks,- James
Personally, I would not waste my time on the Wasp. I have owned a couple of them, and they just never seemed to have a good power band.
They originally came out with a Version, 1, but had carb issues.
Then they came out with a Version 2, that even though the carb issues were addressed, never were a consistant runner.
Not sure if they ever came out with a newer version, but I was really turned away from them after the Version 2.
Try a Pico JL, or a Pico JL tuned.
There are countless engines on the market, but for the money, these cant be beat. Everyone is going to have their favorite, and usually you have to weed through all of the negative and positive remarks of the engine, and see what suits your budget, and if it is carried locally.
Kamikaze Toys and Hobbies in Cerritos Ca. can set you up with anything you need.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:01 PM
Tech Addict

Like brc358 said, dont waste ur time with an Orion wasp, they just dont preform like the hype that comes with it.
The Picco JL engines are incredible! Best power out there, even the VOX engines are Picco based and just shoot out of the corners compared to Novarossi's, and this was coming from an electric onroad champion driving a 1/8 onroad nitro, comparing it to Australia's Nitro onroad champs!!
The Picco's dont quite have the RPM so you may have to gear it up a little, but I sure as hell notice the torque Picco's have! There is nothing like it!
Old 01-12-2011, 04:16 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks man, do you know where (Internet) I can possibly take a look and buy from cheers - James
Old 01-12-2011, 06:40 AM
Tech Regular

Here's a link to jl motor

http://www.nitrohouse.com/Engines-En...duct_info.html

Just a warning with picco evo 3 based motors, the Conroe needs replacing on a regular basis! Not trying to put you off. A picco evo 4 motor might be better for you, the Conrod issue is sorted on that
motor, just a thought
http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/rc-eng...d-p-30742.html
You could try ringing elite in uk for price on ds4 mega picco!
Can get idm picco in uk at reasonable money too

Jamie do you just race at wombwell track? Do you ever venture upto halifax
Old 01-12-2011, 09:40 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi thanks for info - will take a look.

Hi mate no not just Wombwell, I am a member of Halifax so I will go down when I can get there. Every club day and at least once a month practice. In fact, the weather not being too shabby I intend to get down on Sunday this weekend. BTW who am I talking to ?
Old 01-12-2011, 03:11 PM
Tech Addict

HAHAHAHA!!! I dont even live anywhere NEAR England! I live in Australia, and I still have an Evo3. The rod does have to be replaced very regularly, at least every gallon/4 litres. You should DEFINITELY go for the Evo 4, they sorted out that rod problem and its slightly better than the Evo 3 now.
Old 01-12-2011, 04:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks, I have also seen the Picco 7 port engine 'turbo plug' which looks a good offer, what do you guys think ?