Originally posted by afm
I cany remember where i got this good explanation of why should one brek-in engines at WOT, but here it goes, since then my engines last me longer which a lot more power.
and on that note i will give it a try.
and just so i understand.
1. start engine (factory default setting) and bring get some temperature in it.
2. open top end needle 1 turn
3. open throttle all the way and hold it there
4. open top end needle until the enging flames out, then close it 1/4 turn
5. restart the engine and hold full throttle for 3 tanks.
6. let engine cool for 15-30 minutesk
7. reate steps 1 - 6 again (but for 2 tanks instead of 3 (step 5) ).
8. on the 3rd tank close the top end needle 1/4 turn.
9. do not hold full throttle, but give 2-3 sec. blips of full throttle for 1/2 tank.
10 after 1/2 tank close the top end needle another 1/4 turn and continue "blipping"
11. continue closing 1/4 turn and "blipping" for ever 1/4 tank, untill you have run a GRAND total of 8 tanks.
12. let the engine cool for 15-30 minutes.
13. (cut/paste): Allow the engine to cool for 15-30 minutes and then you are ready to hit the race track. Drive two tanks rich around the track slowly closing the top end needle sneaking up on that perfect mixture. At the end of the second tank your engine should be tuned to race speed. This will give you a total of 10 tanks of fuel through your engine before you really start to lean the mixture for ultimate power.