Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best 1/8 car?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 05:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

It's all in fun!!! But they are right just pick the car that has the most support in your area. However not all the cars are equal in quailty you have to find that out on your own. Winning takes a complete package of good car, good setup, fast engine, and most important a great driver. Some cars fit some drivers driving styles better but they are all fast. I must say that I love the braking system on the velox v8. This years worlds us going to be interesting there are so many good cars out there now. Capicorn and xray have 8 scale cars coming out shepard and kyosho have new rear ends for there 8 scale cars!!! What ever you pick you will love it this is the formula 1 of Rc nothing else in Rc compares to 8 scale onroad in terms of acceleraction,corner speed, and handling!!!!
Old 01-06-2011, 07:47 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slo-MTX4
Whats its twin brother? a 966?
No.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i just get one car no matter what brand it is try it out for a season and if you dont like by the end of the season put it on ebay ..get another one....that what most of us do anyway
Old 01-06-2011, 10:32 AM
Tech Lord

It's hard to go wrong with any of them.

Mugen has the newest design and it is performing brilliantly.

Want even newer, Capricorn and Xray have cars on the way.

Shepherd is an amazing car that I absolutely love.

Serpent is the Nat. Champ.

Kyosho is the worlds champ.

The old MRX4X is still winning races all over.

So how can any of those choices be bad? Go with what you like and what you have support for.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

i still race with mugen mrx3 for small track but with some option part from mrx4x,and the oldie kyosho fantom,but on big track im using mrx5,i do admit there alot of change but for me just enjoy the race and making new friend and sharing the problem with other...
Old 01-06-2011, 05:15 PM
Tech Regular

Smile

Originally Posted by JIM1
Hi people

What 1/8th car is currently the best on the market and for what reason, price, build quality, design, parts back-up etc? What made you choose the chassis you drive?

Regards.
the best car out there is the mugen mrx4x! by far this car will work out of the box with no upgrades just needs to be built correct! can handle very hard hits! shepherd velox is also a great car out of the box! the rest are very good cars but require lots of mods!!!!!
Old 01-06-2011, 06:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wingracer
It's hard to go wrong with any of them.

Mugen has the newest design and it is performing brilliantly.

Want even newer, Capricorn and Xray have cars on the way.

Shepherd is an amazing car that I absolutely love.

Serpent is the Nat. Champ.

Kyosho is the worlds champ.

The old MRX4X is still winning races all over.

So how can any of those choices be bad? Go with what you like and what you have support for.
Motonica on the map?
Old 01-06-2011, 06:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chuyz06
the best car out there is the mugen mrx4x! by far this car will work out of the box with no upgrades just needs to be built correct! can handle very hard hits! shepherd velox is also a great car out of the box! the rest are very good cars but require lots of mods!!!!!
I thought serpent was the only kit that parts didn't fit out of the box.
I do know Kyosho is a tank. Out the box it needs nothing.

I have a question. What type of support do some of you look for from the companies that make your kits? I have only done 1/8 racing and don't have a lot of expirence doing it. I find the info I get from the guys at the track to be the most usefull.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:11 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by bobbyblaze
Motonica on the map?
Hell, throw that in there too. I haven't seen anything bad about the car.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:21 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by ALLSPEED
I have a question. What type of support do some of you look for from the companies that make your kits? I have only done 1/8 racing and don't have a lot of expirence doing it. I find the info I get from the guys at the track to be the most usefull.
That's the kind of support they are talking about. For instance, Serpent is pretty good with customer support but if no one runs it at your track and no area hobby shops carry it, there is no one to swap parts and set-ups with. So unless you really know what you are doing, it will be much easier on you if you go with what the helpful locals run.

That being said, I love to be different. I feel it gives me a bit of an edge.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:02 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bobbyblaze
Motonica on the map?
We don't participate in arguments like this, we do our talking on the track.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by FaanP
We don't participate in arguments like this, we do our talking on the track.
just tring to you guys comments its all fun but honestly i have the the same question rolling in my head about a nitro 1/10 scale
Old 01-07-2011, 07:47 AM
Tech Regular

I ran MRX3, MRX4R/X, had an Evlova for a while, tried a Motonica and stopped with a Shepherd!! All cars are good but in my opinion they are diff. None of the cars that I have driven can generate as much steering as a V8. I ran Mugen for a couple of years, dont waste your time spending too much on spares with the MRX4 cars as they are near bullet proof. But the V8 is the easiest and quickest car to set up and strip and rebuild. The car goes together in no time. And of coarse you have to love the blue.....and all the releases on the shepherd to date all the parts are interchangeable. Good luck with your selection.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:33 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by wmay11
I ran MRX3, MRX4R/X, had an Evlova for a while, tried a Motonica and stopped with a Shepherd!! All cars are good but in my opinion they are diff. None of the cars that I have driven can generate as much steering as a V8. I ran Mugen for a couple of years, dont waste your time spending too much on spares with the MRX4 cars as they are near bullet proof. But the V8 is the easiest and quickest car to set up and strip and rebuild. The car goes together in no time. And of coarse you have to love the blue.....and all the releases on the shepherd to date all the parts are interchangeable. Good luck with your selection.
The v8 is a nice car I am just not a fan of alu bulkheads on a 8 scale car. Tweaking just seems like it would be a big problem. But what do I know. The m3 evo has just as much steering if not more with a smoother drivetrain.

Last edited by HoboShop; 01-07-2011 at 09:03 AM.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Best 1/8 car?

.........Serpent Veteq..........

You needed to have a higher degree in mechanical engineering to get it to work properly. Definately way too technilogically advanced.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.