R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   Kawahara Zac Tires in USA or Asia (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/46522-kawahara-zac-tires-usa-asia.html)

Bandeira 07-31-2004 12:13 PM

Kawahara Zac Tires in USA or Asia

Anybody knows where can I find Zac Tires in Usa or Asia?

rjl 07-31-2004 12:55 PM

Mugen USA list them but a bit pricey, you need ZB rims, these have the correct offset.

Bandeira 07-31-2004 02:03 PM

Originally posted by rjl
Mugen USA list them but a bit pricey, you need ZB rims, these have the correct offset.
at Mugen USA they are lot pricey!!! 22USD a pair!

Wad about those ZB rims!? never heard of them!

theRED5 07-31-2004 04:08 PM

All of the cars I've seen them on here in the US, are team drivers cars.

RC Dumb 07-31-2004 05:51 PM

Re: Kawahara Zac Tires in USA or Asia

You might wanna think twice, though. I've found out that the rim on the Zac is somewhat SOFT. It's not as strong as GQ or Mono. It'll be out of shape just from slight banging. Worse yet, it could get deformed easily if it does get stored properly.

Originally posted by Bandeira
Anybody knows where can I find Zac Tires in Usa or Asia?

kidDynomite 07-31-2004 06:05 PM

Patrick, I love Zac Tires, good traction and wear. But check out www.twistertires.com ... Rims are strong if not stronger, grip and rip just as good and what makes them even greater is their price. You can't beat that in the States, you can order sets from HK, but those brands usually tweak after a hard hit.

Bandeira 08-01-2004 05:49 PM

I really wanted to try the Zac ones...

Tell me more about those ZB rims!!! please...

Anybodys knows a shop that carries them?

rjl 08-01-2004 09:02 PM

The older rims are softer and do tend to bent easily if you hit things. In some cases a more flexi rim can be an advantage though.

The new ZB rims are a more rigid rim and have 1mm offset, they are also available in 32mm wide for the rear, less tyre wear but not legal at this time. I remember when 26mm was max, they wore real quick. If you can't find them PM me and I can help.

mcsquish 08-02-2004 04:57 AM

The ZB rims are for the MTX3, they have the offset. I have only seen them at Mugen USA. I tried them and liked them. I hit a couple walls and didn't notice any ill effects to the rims. But for the price I have a hard time shelling out that much $$$$ for how much I run.

picco007 08-06-2004 07:52 PM

Wish they weren't that pricey. I tried them one weekend and loved them.........but too much for my wallet.

:cry:

rjl 08-06-2004 08:26 PM

You should be able to land them much cheaper than the Mugen price if you buy enough. They are worth the exta, I've tested and tried most tyres and have found the Japanese rubber to be the best regarding grip v wear. Other tyres that work really well are Active and Pit Shimazu.