Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Capricorn LAB C801 1/8 scale >

Capricorn LAB C801 1/8 scale

Capricorn LAB C801 1/8 scale

Old 09-04-2012, 05:35 AM
asc
Tech Initiate

Thanks Capricorn, this is the answer I was looking for. It's funny however that the standard hook doesn't seem to fit Capricorn's own tires?

Crashnco thanks for your reply, I have flanges on opposite sides exactly how it is shown in the manual and the rear axle is set in the 'b' position (standard) on both sides. I have disassembled the rear end multiple times to try and rectify this, however the belt always seems to want to ride off to the side of the rear pulley, and I can't understand why.

I am worried that if I run the car like this it will strip the belt or pulley..
Old 09-04-2012, 07:33 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by asc
.....on both sides. I have disassembled the rear end multiple times to try and rectify this, however the belt always seems to want to ride off to the side of the rear pulley, and I can't understand why.

I am assuming you belt is running off the rear pulley. You may just need to adjust the front pulley driver over to the left a little bit. Just make sure the grub screw stays on the jack-shaft flat when you do this.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:51 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by CapricornRC
the front hook are perfect for the matrix tires
for all other brand short hook 2064b
I have the hook problem with original matrix carbon tires. How much shorter are the 2064b hooks?
Old 09-04-2012, 09:59 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by asc
Thanks Capricorn, this is the answer I was looking for. It's funny however that the standard hook doesn't seem to fit Capricorn's own tires?

Crashnco thanks for your reply, I have flanges on opposite sides exactly how it is shown in the manual and the rear axle is set in the 'b' position (standard) on both sides. I have disassembled the rear end multiple times to try and rectify this, however the belt always seems to want to ride off to the side of the rear pulley, and I can't understand why.

Here is a link where you can see the mounting of a C801 in pictures.

http://www.yome3000.com/forums-lire.php?id=7968&f=2

It's a very interesting site (in french)
Old 09-05-2012, 01:13 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by crashnco
Here is a link where you can see the mounting of a C801 in pictures.

http://www.yome3000.com/forums-lire.php?id=7968&f=2

It's a very interesting site (in french)
I had the same problem first time I build a C801.. I fixed it by a little spacer between pulley and pulley holder... In later kits I build there wasnt the same problem, one time I just flipped the rear belt 180 degress and problem solved...

Otherwise amazing car, handles really well... So balanced
Old 09-06-2012, 06:22 AM
asc
Tech Initiate

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried flipping the belt and moving the pulley on the 2 speed shaft, however it is hard up against the circlip/eclip so it can't move any further to the left. The belt still slips off.

Interestingly, the side to side play in the rear axle seems to have disappeared somewhere in the disassembly/reassembly.. I guess I'll just have to try and run the car like this and see how it goes...
Old 09-06-2012, 08:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by asc
Thanks for the suggestions. I tried flipping the belt and moving the pulley on the 2 speed shaft, however it is hard up against the circlip/eclip so it can't move any further to the left. The belt still slips off.

Interestingly, the side to side play in the rear axle seems to have disappeared somewhere in the disassembly/reassembly.. I guess I'll just have to try and run the car like this and see how it goes...
I know i had this problem when i built mine.....i had to sand down the rear pulley on the left side a little so there was some play when everything was put together
Old 09-06-2012, 09:49 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by asc

Sometimes its a bit difficult to explain correctly what is meant, but if the spacer are installed as I meant there will be no problem with the circlip spacing and belt trouble is solved. I'll try to take a picture tomorrow and post it :-)...

Thanks
Old 09-06-2012, 04:13 PM
asc
Tech Initiate

Thanks that would be great!
Old 09-07-2012, 05:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by asc

Check the eccenter in the rear bulk heads and make sure the tab is in the same position left and right.
Old 09-08-2012, 02:50 AM
asc
Tech Initiate

Does anyone have any pictures or instructions on assembling the reverse clutch?

My kit came with one but something seems wrong. Is there supposed to be 2 bearings in total or 3? If I install it with the 2 10x5x4 bearings supplied with it, I need more than 2mm of shims on the outside to take all of the end play out. Is there something missing?
Old 09-08-2012, 03:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by asc

My kit came with one but something seems wrong. Is there supposed to be 2 bearings in total or 3? If I install it with the 2 10x5x4 bearings supplied with it, I need more than 2mm of shims on the outside to take all of the end play out. Is there something missing?
It is just the 2 bearings and then you add shims for the gap to make it what you are looking for. I use .8 GAP with the super hard spring. I to have to tighten the spring down just to check the gap, as the bell needs to be completely against the shoe and that is the only way I see possible. I then tighten that super hard spring to only .2 of thread showing. I then just make sure there is very little end play.

DJ Apolaro
Old 09-08-2012, 04:13 AM
asc
Tech Initiate

Thanks, is it normal to have to use so many shims to remove the play? without any shims in front of the thrust bearing the clutchbell can move backwards and forwards >2mm (not 0.2mm but 2mm)
Old 09-08-2012, 04:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

I have bought 3 reverse clutch kit as optionparts, and am not using anaything else. I have also noticed, that it need a bit more shims to adjust the end play than the normal clutch. I typically have to use between 1.2 and 1.4 mm of shims.

How many shims you need to adjust the end play is affected by the distance between the crank case and the flywheel (wich ideally should be close to 0.5 mm) and the cluch bell cab (wich you typivally adjust in the range from 0.5 to 1.0 mm regarding to wich spring you use, the level of bite, the track layout and the engines torque in the low rpm range).

So it seems to be ok what you are dooing

Best wishes; Jens

Originally Posted by asc

Old 09-10-2012, 12:52 PM
Tech Initiate

Smile

Hello ,

I just bought a new capricorn ,but before i was driving mugen MRX5 for 2 years and i know everything about Mugen , but about capricorn i don't know too much .
What is the distance for body Protoform prf18 ?
What is the parts that braking faster then other and what about belts.
What is the best solution to hide all cables from servos ? Is there any radiobox that possible to adapt for this car ?

Thank you!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.