Tmaxx 2.5 engine in Yokomo GT4???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tmaxx 2.5 engine in Yokomo GT4???

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2004, 02:03 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Tmaxx 2.5 engine in Yokomo GT4???

Alright, I have recently just bought a GT4 Chasis off of ebay with practically every ups that is out for it. I have read on forums that some people are currently and have dropped a Tmaxx 2.5 engine into their yokomo GT4. There were not much information on what they did to make it fit and work. Not really any feedbacks on it either. I was wondering if anyone can enlighten me on what it takes to do this transformation. What is need and what is not need, what clutch to use etc. Im still new to the RC scene but Im willing to learn and experiment with things. Please let me know the steps it takes to swap a tmaxx 2.5 engine in to my yokomo GT4. Im guessing when people swap the tmaxx engine its coming from the Traxxas T-Maxx 2.5 RTR? Well Thanks ahead of time.
Old 07-27-2004, 03:51 AM
Tech Addict

why not drop in a better engine in it? I would go with OS, it would give you lots of stability, durability and Dependability.
Old 07-27-2004, 09:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

I have a trx 2.5 in my nitro rs4 2 and does it fly. This is a great engine, dont know why all the noobs say it sucks and they cant get it tuned right. I'm going to buy the new blue head for it for better cooling, since all the aftermarket heads seem too big for the car, prefered for maxx's not cars.
Old 07-27-2004, 09:16 PM
Tech Addict

first of all, i'm not a newb, I've been in the hobby since 99'. And second I have experience with the traxxas engines, they are good for fuel economy and they run hotter than other engines. Os engines run great, have good fuel economy and are easy to tune. Currently i'm running a RB v12 because i have a track car and I need a track engine.