R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   Street tires for jato... (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/461271-street-tires-jato.html)

Jucaboes 12-13-2010 07:24 AM

Street tires for jato...

Hi!

Mainly for street, which tires are better, anaconda or Proline road rage? Any other brand?

Bashing only, so a good combination of grip and durability is prefer...

I have only used anaconda so far...

Thanks all for your comments!

Juan

shizcol 07-22-2011 12:02 PM

i know this thread is old but i figured id try here also, cause traxxas community site is acting wierd, havent been on it in a while and it wont let me activate a new acct..

i have heard and seen that alot of people use the road rage and i seen that they have the speed hawgs also.. can anyone suggest good street tires for the jato 3.3?

*1speedy 07-22-2011 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by shizcol (Post 9425517)
i know this thread is old but i figured id try here also, cause traxxas community site is acting wierd, havent been on it in a while and it wont let me activate a new acct..

i have heard and seen that alot of people use the road rage and i seen that they have the speed hawgs also.. can anyone suggest good street tires for the jato 3.3?

Best traction you will ever get on a Jato is with these...:nod:

JACO 2040 Prism Foam Rear

JACO 2020 Prism Foam Front

Have Fun;)

shizcol 07-22-2011 12:15 PM

i thought about getting the foams, but how long do they last, and does it matter if the pavement is rough? cause i would think that if the pavement had cracks, and rough surfaces, that maybe the foams would wrip apart.. i was more looking for rubber, but if they last i may try them

*1speedy 07-22-2011 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by shizcol (Post 9425546)
i thought about getting the foams, but how long do they last, and does it matter if the pavement is rough? cause i would think that if the pavement had cracks, and rough surfaces, that maybe the foams would wrip apart.. i was more looking for rubber, but if they last i may try them

They last.....:nod:

Very thick foam on these, and in my experience they lasted much longer then the Anacondas.

If the pavement is REALLY ruff use judgement but for the most part no big deal.

GL have Fun:cool: its been years since we messed with ours:tire:

kpjr7321 07-24-2011 11:14 AM

tires

The best tires to use for parking lot bashing in panther slicks. You can goggle the name. They come in two compounds clay and soft. They work really well. We drag race the jato's 132ft. Of coarse the vehicle is heavenly modified to withstand the abuse. The slicks are a 2.2 diameter and not 2.8 so you would have to change your gearing. Another tire we use is you super v groove radials. Stock # 4450. Make sure you big foam when gluing the tires. I use rims without air holes bc I don't like much tire swell. Hope this helps

shizcol 07-24-2011 12:00 PM

thanks, i will look the slicks up.. i dont run my jato on dirt.. pavement only, so i need something used for pavement.. i know theres alot out there, i just wanted to see what most ppl are running/. thanks