Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX4

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2004, 03:19 AM
Tech Addict

I only brake when I get into the pits or if there is an accident on the track.
Old 08-09-2004, 07:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Challenger, gotta keep it smooth throughout your line. If you're running the front spool or diff, and you have straights at your track that you can max out RPM on, you have the advantage of late breaking. My straight is 200ft with a 60ft sweeper before and after. I can come into the last sweeper hot and keep a very mild throttle torward a hairpin. If I'm taking the inside line on another driver in the same sweeper, I go hot underneath and ride a slight break into the apex, crank it and blast out. Each racer you pass up has a different driving techique and a differnt line. If they're consistent, you'll know where to pass them and you'll know when to brake on em. Lock it up only when you're heading for trouble. Otherwise just keep it all smooth and consistant. If you're sporting the one-way, you should hardly be using the brakes.
Old 08-09-2004, 09:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

A really fast pro driver, wont mention any names once told me,"If you aren't using the breaks, you aren't driving fast enough." seems to make sense to me.
Old 08-09-2004, 10:27 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by GrandeGixxer
A really fast pro driver, wont mention any names once told me,"If you aren't using the breaks, you aren't driving fast enough." seems to make sense to me.
It's all about driving style. Surikarn told me that he was using brake ONLY for correction so he didn't always use brake when he pass the same corner. I also use brake if I'm a little bit out of the racing line and/or in defensive position from other car behind me.
Old 08-10-2004, 08:25 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by GrandeGixxer

Correct me if Im wrong........

Im not a pro drive.........and it is possible to drive without using brake, if one is driving alone in the track, coz there is no traffic.........but in a race..........some how one need brake to control the car from going out of racing line and avoiding crash.
Old 08-10-2004, 08:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by daniz24
It's all about driving style. Surikarn told me that he was using brake ONLY for correction so he didn't always use brake when he pass the same corner. I also use brake if I'm a little bit out of the racing line and/or in defensive position from other car behind me.

Ur are right
Old 08-11-2004, 06:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by kidDynomite
Each racer you pass up has a different driving techique and a differnt line. If they're consistent, you'll know where to pass them and you'll know when to brake on em.
I race a 1000cc motorcycle in the Midwest CCS Series. Same philosophy there. Not to scale, but if you're flying down a 1mile straight at 189mph, the first turn comes up fast and it's intimidating. First instinct, get on the breaks sooner and get your knee down. But this opens you up for getting passed. Keep your ball tucked in and brake later or just enough to keep you at only 90mph and you're still ahead of the pack.

In electric carpet racing, there is sooo much traction, you can use the cars momentum to throw you into the turns, if the car is setup right. My local nitro track gets sugared down pretty well, but it's still way looser than a carpet track. Heading into a corner to hot and you'll break traction throwing you out of your intended line. You also waste precious time trying to correct yourself.

My track layout changes every weekend. I've had layouts where I never needed the brakes, but then again, I also had a slower motor. If that's the case ...
Originally posted by kidDynomite
...just keep it all smooth and consistant.
... and you'll move up a main or two.
Old 08-11-2004, 07:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ok, what do the last few posts have anything to do with the discussion about the MTX-4, truth or myth?
Old 08-11-2004, 07:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Nothing, just a little insider trading. It'll disolve ... and to bring it back a notch, I say "true". RC is always evolving.
Old 08-11-2004, 08:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Kid, sorry to stay off topic, but how is the racing in chi town? I am trying to get transfered there at the end of next year.
Old 10-09-2004, 12:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

the car is now out there being tested,

Last edited by Cartman; 10-11-2004 at 11:23 AM.
Old 10-09-2004, 05:03 PM
Regional Moderator

Can't wait for the pics.

It's very sad that the MTX4 are not/can't make its first appearance on the 200mm worlds
Old 10-11-2004, 11:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

double post

Last edited by Cartman; 10-11-2004 at 11:20 AM.
Old 10-12-2004, 06:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by Cartman
the car is now out there being tested,
Really?
Old 10-15-2004, 05:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hope it comes out soon....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.