Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Kyosho v-one r4!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 12:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I have to chime in on this one. As for any "NEW" car that has come out, they're gonna have their bugs regardless of what company manufactures them. The RRR is a 10 YEAR OLD DESIGN THAT HAS BEEN PROVEN BY WINNING WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS AND NATIONALS TITLES all around the world. Sure, they changed out the design a little on the RRR by providing a stand-up steering servo and top plate system. But, the suspension dynamics, drive train, and clutch systems has ALWAYS BEEN THE SAME ON THE RRR for years on end. In my opinion, the RRR has reached it's FULL POTENTIAL after years on the same chassis design (with minor changes). Not too many companies can say that they've done the same.

Afew years ago, you can get support from Kyosho just because the car was used by many drivers ( non or sponsored users ). Today, Xray is the leading drive force for nitro sedan. This is because of their support and team drivers using them. Xray has been the BEST when it comes to support. You can goto the xray website and download set-ups for different tracks and conditions. Xray also has a forum where you can get advise from various drivers all around the world for support. Ever seen the xray set-up guide to sedans ? It's almost like the bible for sedan set-up. This is something that Kyosho is lacking on their websites today. Yes, I know that Kyosho sells many other products, but at least they should have something for the racer/consumer in regards to setting up the nitro sedan car. They've got recent off-road set-ups on the kyosho america website.

You also have to consider that nitro sedan is not as strong as other r/c applications. With a tight and stagnant economy, everyone is holding on to their funds right now. We don't have the residual income like we use to have. Nitro sedan use to be strong back in the mid-2000 here in California, but off-road is where it's at right now. Companies as big as Kyosho have to follow on whats selling. Xray is more of a specialized high end company that caters to racers ( and consumers that are into high end r/c cars ). This is another reason why Xray is doing well right now in the " racer's market ". They have the time and effort to concentrate on high end specialized cars. Kyosho sells EVERYTHING from mini-z's to submarines. Im sure at the end of the fiscal year, Kyosho has higher earnings than most r/c companies.

As for the R4, it's really hard to say anything about a car that is still considered in it's " bug phases ". Im sure that Kyosho is working on it by providing changes to their current issues about the R4. Give them time just like any other new car.

As for myself, I just got back into it afew weeks ago at the end of our nitro sedan season. I drive a kyosho RRR; not by choice, but by convenience. This car was given to me and once belonged to Toso. It was the only car I had. Im not sure what car i'll be driving next year. But NT1 and the Cap are high on the list. But who knows. I might drive this RRR all of next year . We'll have to wait and see.

Last edited by Roger; 10-30-2011 at 01:49 PM.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm just getting back into nitro... haven't ran since the RS4 2 was a good ticket... so that dates back to around 1998. Anyhow... I think I am going to be going with this R4.

The way I look at it, most cars are competitive, but a big part in what makes a car competitive is the driver and the person setting up the car. If a person can drive and can't set-up a car well that can only go so far, and same goes for vice-verse.

Very good read(s) on this forums
Old 11-01-2011, 03:49 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Roger
I have to chime in on this one. As for any "NEW" car that has come out, they're gonna have their bugs regardless of what company manufactures them. The RRR is a 10 YEAR OLD DESIGN THAT HAS BEEN PROVEN BY WINNING WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS AND NATIONALS TITLES all around the world. Sure, they changed out the design a little on the RRR by providing a stand-up steering servo and top plate system. But, the suspension dynamics, drive train, and clutch systems has ALWAYS BEEN THE SAME ON THE RRR for years on end. In my opinion, the RRR has reached it's FULL POTENTIAL after years on the same chassis design (with minor changes). Not too many companies can say that they've done the same.

Afew years ago, you can get support from Kyosho just because the car was used by many drivers ( non or sponsored users ). Today, Xray is the leading drive force for nitro sedan. This is because of their support and team drivers using them. Xray has been the BEST when it comes to support. You can goto the xray website and download set-ups for different tracks and conditions. Xray also has a forum where you can get advise from various drivers all around the world for support. Ever seen the xray set-up guide to sedans ? It's almost like the bible for sedan set-up. This is something that Kyosho is lacking on their websites today. Yes, I know that Kyosho sells many other products, but at least they should have something for the racer/consumer in regards to setting up the nitro sedan car. They've got recent off-road set-ups on the kyosho america website.

You also have to consider that nitro sedan is not as strong as other r/c applications. With a tight and stagnant economy, everyone is holding on to their funds right now. We don't have the residual income like we use to have. Nitro sedan use to be strong back in the mid-2000 here in California, but off-road is where it's at right now. Companies as big as Kyosho have to follow on whats selling. Xray is more of a specialized high end company that caters to racers ( and consumers that are into high end r/c cars ). This is another reason why Xray is doing well right now in the " racer's market ". They have the time and effort to concentrate on high end specialized cars. Kyosho sells EVERYTHING from mini-z's to submarines. Im sure at the end of the fiscal year, Kyosho has higher earnings than most r/c companies.

As for the R4, it's really hard to say anything about a car that is still considered in it's " bug phases ". Im sure that Kyosho is working on it by providing changes to their current issues about the R4. Give them time just like any other new car.

As for myself, I just got back into it afew weeks ago at the end of our nitro sedan season. I drive a kyosho RRR; not by choice, but by convenience. This car was given to me and once belonged to Toso. It was the only car I had. Im not sure what car i'll be driving next year. But NT1 and the Cap are high on the list. But who knows. I might drive this RRR all of next year . We'll have to wait and see.
Kyosho sells everything thats true. Is that an excuse about selling something that you pay for it a lot of money and have to many problems? Why they release a product with to many problems? I pay a lot of monay for a competitive car to take a good place in my national championship and every euro i gave goes to the garbage. If kyosho doesnt care about sedan they must not release a car worst than the older one. So we must stop racing with sedan and start racing with buggy... Who was R4 designer?????
Old 11-01-2011, 04:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by peteR4
Kyosho sells everything thats true. Is that an excuse about selling something that you pay for it a lot of money and have to many problems? Why they release a product with to many problems? I pay a lot of monay for a competitive car to take a good place in my national championship and every euro i gave goes to the garbage. If kyosho doesnt care about sedan they must not release a car worst than the older one. So we must stop racing with sedan and start racing with buggy... Who was R4 designer?????
Just an opinion im stating. You always have other options if you're a " national " level driver. If you think that kyosho doesn't care about their cars and designs, use something else. Who's the R4 designer ? Don't know and don't care.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Cool

My only option is Kyosho. Maybe go back to RRR untill someone make this car better... Im not o prof. driver to manage this...
Old 11-01-2011, 05:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

I've been driving the car before it was released in the US . I drive for Kyosho USA , and yes there is bugs with any car that's new. So to answer the question if the car is good yes it is. With any car that is new you have to give it time. So Roger unless you own the car you really dont know to much about it.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jeff B
I've been driving the car before it was released in the US . I drive for Kyosho USA , and yes there is bugs with any car that's new. So to answer the question if the car is good yes it is. With any car that is new you have to give it time. So Roger unless you own the car you really dont know to much about it.
Hey Blackbutt !! What's there to know about ? Diff gears ??? See ya at the track. Can't wait to race next season.

Check your messages Mr " Kyosho ". AND STOP TEXTING ME MAN !! Sheeesh !

Last edited by Roger; 11-01-2011 at 08:29 PM.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jeff B
I'll tell you what I know! You were faster with your shimo car! So imagine a shimo with small diffs! (Not R4 diffs cause they might break!) lol! But small diffs, u would hav a really competitive car!!!
Old 11-01-2011, 08:51 PM
Tech Elite

You tell'em Chet !! Actually, Blackburn is gonna let me use his shimo car, if I don't get another car . Get ready. Next season is gonna be rockin !!
Old 11-01-2011, 10:19 PM
Tech Elite

Wazzup Roger?
Old 11-01-2011, 11:22 PM
Tech Regular

Kyosho will release some plastic parts new year.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:47 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Sydewynder
Wazzup Roger?
Sups Will !! Where you be ?
Old 11-02-2011, 01:18 AM
Tech Champion

I say the only way not to lose time waiting is to retrofit the RRR spool up front with the R4 gear diff in the rear... Hopefully the spool can help the gear diff enough so it won't blow...
Old 11-02-2011, 09:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

so with reading alot of this... I am now stuck in the middle... do I get a R4 or the Shimo edition?
Old 11-02-2011, 10:24 AM
Tech Master

R4 clearly

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.