Search
Like Tree3Likes

Kyosho v-one r4!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 10:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kingtito
That isn't proof it's a bad car, just different from the RRR is all. The car has proven it can win in capable hands.

I see no point in bashing the car constantly as you've done throughout this entire thread.
Bro I'm not bashing it........I'm only speaking my mind, it's constructive n necessary, if designers n engineers care about what they built they will take feedback from the people who put money in their pockets!!!! Answer me one question. not that it matters. But who runs the R4? (Not Shiimo) What pro is running the R4? Like I said it doesn't matter, but if kyosho doesn't bother to have a pilot for the R4 do u think they really care how the car performs.....no upgrades no revisions nothing......on parts that clearly need it.......read Xray mark post, he broke a part that he knew to b careful with cause others have broke the part and posted there findings! But will there b a running change from kyosho? (Dought it). For anyone who thinks what I've said is bashing prob didn't run the RRR, so u have no idea what the R4 came from........A BEAST! that never broke I just want kyosho to fight for the top spot like Xray n Capricorn clearly r doing!!! They never let the other get one up!!! U will have the same parts on ur car 3yrs from now! Not one updated thing! Lol!
Old 08-02-2013, 11:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver
Ok ok I'm sorry I don't wanna get banned again........(keep this in mind). I'm not bashing kyosho, I love kyosho products, ran the RRR for YEARS, I'm speaking from experience, I watched 2 very good racers/track owner have so many issues n inconsistancies he sold it, the other is still with it, but is now on a level with guys that he was destroying with his RRR, now he's battling them for position with R4! Smh (went backwards) you all who run this will understand what I mean , when u finally RUN SOMETHING ELSE! Smh
No problem,I know what you meant to say.For me the RRR is the best nitro tourer ever,durability-performance and parts wise is mind blowing,the R4 is not that way.It's lighter and requires a different setup,parts are expensive but some drivers just deal with it.I say good luck to them,have fun above all things.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Bro I'm not bashing it........I'm only speaking my mind, it's constructive n necessary, if designers n engineers care about what they built they will take feedback from the people who put money in their pockets!!!! Answer me one question. not that it matters. But who runs the R4? (Not Shiimo) What pro is running the R4? Like I said it doesn't matter, but if kyosho doesn't bother to have a pilot for the R4 do u think they really care how the car performs.....no upgrades no revisions nothing......on parts that clearly need it.......read Xray mark post, he broke a part that he knew to b careful with cause others have broke the part and posted there findings! But will there b a running change from kyosho? (Dought it). For anyone who thinks what I've said is bashing prob didn't run the RRR, so u have no idea what the R4 came from........A BEAST! that never broke I just want kyosho to fight for the top spot like Xray n Capricorn clearly r doing!!! They never let the other get one up!!! U will have the same parts on ur car 3yrs from now! Not one updated thing! Lol!
I would hardly call "stare at it and it'll break" constructive. I think everyone here knows your views on the R4. Not sure your kind of "constructive criticism" is really needed.
Old 08-02-2013, 04:03 PM
Tech Regular

Don't you see that Kyosho last years is interesting only for OFF-ROAD?
They let so many good onroad drivers to leave.

For example Kyosho Designer Shimo goes to Mugen and guess what he winning again, Bertin is again in top of the list.

Suddenly they aren't good drivers?No, it seems that Kyosho (for the moment) want to focus on RTRs and Offroad.

And the list continues. Don't blame yourself.

(And old Kyosho Lover)
Old 08-03-2013, 05:05 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Kyosho r4

Not trying to b a di#k, but Bro i hopeu got that for a couple hundred dollars! Rc cars are already over priced! But That one is at the top of the list!! Smh man u could have made 5 better choices lol everyone i kno had that car, went backwards with lap times! wtf! N it breaks from staring at it to long lmao! Sorry Bro goodluck, nice receiver box tho!
I won the nip ltd edition kit for £160 odd pounds. (Gbp) on ebay
Nice to see people still fequenting this thread. Rrr driver, from a 3rd party perspective you have waged a one man anti r4 campaign in this thread! lol!, Although i do agree that a pilot could well be dissapointed after "upgrading", there seemed to be something special about the rrr. The evo 2 that i had in some ways seemed superior to the newer model, ie monoblock engine mount and cvd's Shame really as the r4 looks fabulous. I feel kyosho know there were some problems with the og r4 hence the r4sp which should be much better But i agree with rrrdriver on one point, after building the r4 i would never pay full rrp for a kyosho kit. I am an avid xray fan and have owned or currently own most of the cars and have an nt1 wce ( car in pic) Maybe i have been spoiled by xray but the manual, build, fit and finish and parts quality (carbon fibre and composites) is FAR superior to the r4stock for less money. Although i will admit the kyosho "velvet" shocks are very nice. As an aside, is that correct that shimo does not pilot an r4?. If so that is not a good look.
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho v-one r4!!!!-image.jpg  
Old 08-03-2013, 07:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Shimo is with mugen now.
Judging by the look of the car (R4) it looks like a great car, and being the newest car after the triple RRR. I really can't believe the R4 is a POS. my RRR just got shelfed after 1full season. Only shelved it cause I was the only one still racing it a my home track. I moved on to a NT1, the RRR just worked on any and every track I've been to. My NT1 is just a tank, the quality of parts are second to none. Before I bought the Xray I was really set on the R4 even with all the negative posts about it I just couldn't believe it was a worse car than the RRR. Anyway the car looks good but the price is way too high and not having a pro in their camp just doesn't make sense.
Either stick with your RRR or go Xray.
IMO the designer of the RRR is now working with hot bodies and the R10 has some real close similarities to the RRR just modernized. And the Km Hk1 would be the closest to a new RRR
Old 08-12-2013, 12:07 PM
Tech Adept

Does anyone know where i could get a capricorn clutch that will fit this car?
Old 08-14-2013, 10:09 AM
Tech Adept

I've been having a lot of problems with traction rolling lately. Funny thing is it only starts to happen during the last minute of a 5 minute qualifier. I set my ride height at 6.5 rear and 4.5 front with 62.5MM rear tire and 60.5 front. I then throw on 60MM rears and 58MM fronts for the qualifiers and main. I use 32shore fronts and 35 shore rears and sometimes 35 shore all the way around.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do to help with this problem?
Old 08-14-2013, 07:51 PM
Tech Regular

What are your droops and track width ?
Old 08-14-2013, 08:38 PM
Tech Adept

-1 front +3 rear. Not sure what the track width is.

I'm just trying to figure out why the car is good for the 1st 3-4 minutes but then all of a sudden I start traction rolling in 1 particular section. I ran the same line with about the same lap times.
Old 08-15-2013, 12:49 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

droops front 0 or +1; rear 3 or 4.

ride height at 6.5 rear and 4.5 front? not 5.5 in front?
Old 08-15-2013, 09:31 AM
Tech Adept

Ride is 4.5mm in front as was suggested by EVasutin. He suggested I set the ride height using 62.5mm rear tires and 60.5mm front then set my rear to 6.5 and front to 4.5 unless I miss heard him.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:46 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

V One R4 Electric conversion set. Part Number VZE001
Old 05-07-2014, 04:48 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by QIMB528

V One R4 Electric conversion set. Part Number VZE001
The main question there is: Will it have the same perfomance as the Nitro version?
Old 05-21-2014, 09:05 AM
Tech Adept

Hmmm
How about a Electric to nitro conversion?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.