Wiki Posts
Search

Ofna Ultra GTP2 brakes upgrade needed

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 08:27 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Ofna Ultra GTP2 brakes upgrade needed

Hello,

I hope you guys can assist me, I have the stock brakes setup in my Ultra GTP-2 1/8.
I would like to upgrade my brake system to something better, what are your recommendations ?

Thanks for the Help.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:14 AM
Tech Addict

I my DM-1 I'm using the discs from the Team Associated RC8 Buggy or Truggy (Factory Team). For these you use the stock metal pads. You have to use your dremel (mototool) to make the outdrive fit but they are very very good. You will have to dial some brake out of your radio because these will look your wheels easily. I use two of them and have no problems breaking or brake fade in 45 minutes mains. Jst make sure that you have enough clearance with the cluthbell (in the DM-1 is a bit tight)

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ake-Disc-RC8-2

These are wider than the metal disk that most use because they are two materials: the center is aluminum (for heat disipation) and the outher is a composite that is very similar to real 1:1 brake pads.
Old 12-07-2010, 08:22 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for your reply, I will give this a try.