R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   ideas for new r\c car (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/45594-ideas-new-r%5Cc-car.html)

SkylineVspecr34 07-20-2004 03:44 PM

ideas for new r\c car

am looking for ideas for r\c parts that would resemble a real nissan skyline gtr with 773bhp, of course not as fast as the real car and not with all the same parts as the real thing. I need ideas for all parts for chassis and so on. I will list the real specs of the actual car so you guys can come up with ideas. The car can be electric or nitro powered and i don't want an RTR, I am willing to spend as much money as I can to get parts suggested. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!

Specs of real car:

Engine: Nissan 2.6L RB26DETT Inline-6
Engine Mods: R33 Block; HKS (twin 2835 turbochargers, billet crank & rods, Drag crank damper pulley, forged pistons & rings, 1.2mm Drag head gasket, oil pump, oil cooler, in-tank fuel pump, valve springs,
Step 2 cams & pulleys, billet fuel rail, fuel pressure regulator, GT-aRt ported HKS exhaust manifold with twin external
wastegates, downpipes, Super Power Flow induction kit, Racing Pro R50 Spark
Plugs, two sequential BOVs, GT intercooler w/hard pipe kit, airflow meter replacement pipe, inlet/exhaust gaskets, Drag stainless steel exhaust system, Neo 10W40 engine oil); Bosch Fuel Pumps X2; Sumo Power (stainless
engine breather pipe, intercooler fan, de-cat pipe); Nismo (main crank bearings, cam belt, water pump and
thermostat); GT-aRt (block, cylinder, head & clutch modifications, ported intake plenum, oil baffles, catch tank & lines, fuel swirl pot); ARC Prestige radiator w/swirl pots & piping/head/plenum cooling kit); JUN main head stud kit; Trust sump extension; Sard 1000cc injectors; Goodridge fuel lines
Engine Management: HKS (F-Con V Pro EMS,Twin Power ignition amplifier, EVC IV boost contoller, GCC(Graphical Control Computer X2,AFR,knock sensor,fan controller); Nismo MFD2 computer (for stock video screen)
Drivetrain Mods: HKS(6-Speed H-pattern
dog-box, triple-plate dog spline-type clutch, front/rear driveshafts); carbon fiber propshaft; Cusco (1.5-way front differential, 2-way rear differential); Trust front diff. extension
Suspension: HKS custom drag suspension, Kansai front strut brace); Ikeya Formula (traction adjuster rods & camber correction kits, rear differential spacers & center roll adjusters)
Wheels,Tires,Brakes: (f/r) 10.5x18-inch Do-Luck Double-Six chromed alloy rims; Dunlop SP Super Sport Race Tires; (f)Alcon 6-pot progressive front calipers
380mm rotors; Pagid Blue Discs; (r) Pagid Black Brake Pads; Nismo brake lines, Neo(brake,transfer,differential and
gearbox fluid)

SkylineVspecr34 07-20-2004 03:47 PM

my budget is no more than $1350, I will be using it for racing and drive around my street. I have $1350 to spend, but I am trying to spend about $800. The car I will be using is a FT TC3.

corvettecrazy 07-20-2004 04:52 PM

that a nice budget.

what do you have so far?

if you are starting fresh I would look for a 75mhz FM radio and reciever. (you could go all digital but it gets a LOT more expensive) Then 2 high torgue high speed servos. A hump reciever pack (you will need a charger too)

as for the engine I can't help you on choices (but you will need an ignitor, and should consider a starter box)

people will add more.

HELLION 07-20-2004 05:21 PM

What does it look like?

Do you have a picture of the car?

mark123 07-21-2004 02:29 AM

NISSAN SKYLINE!!!!!!!!!! i luv that car plz get some pics of it.lol. u know i have always imagened that soon a r/c car brand will make a nitro r/c car that like has the same parts as a real car like then engine in the front u know wat i mean. that would be so mad:D

mop_iko 07-21-2004 08:20 AM

NISSAN SKYLINE

1 Attachment(s)

for the LEXAN BODY.... search in HPI RACING website for the SKYLINE BODY... to me HPI have the most DETAILED and NICEST car body around!!!!

for the ENGINE... go for
JP MODIFIED BY URIAH MURNAN
or ask HELLION at [email protected]

for the RADIO... go for
FUTABA and the DIGITAL SERVOS
SANWA and the WRX DIGITAL SERVOS

for WINNING the race..... go for
PRACTICE....

oopsss... for NICE PAINT JOB...

look for ALL THE PRO PAINTERS in the PAINTING and GRAPHICS THREAD

GOOD LUCK!

AND DONT FORGET to open the ATTACHMENT!!!
this one is NOT FT TC3... it is HPI RS4!!!!

:eek:

:tire: mop:tire:

Marcos.J 07-21-2004 03:53 PM

Re: NISSAN SKYLINE

Originally posted by mop_iko
for the LEXAN BODY.... search in HPI RACING website for the SKYLINE BODY... to me HPI have the most DETAILED and NICEST car body around!!!!

for the ENGINE... go for
JP MODIFIED BY URIAH MURNAN
or ask HELLION at [email protected]

for the RADIO... go for
FUTABA and the DIGITAL SERVOS
SANWA and the WRX DIGITAL SERVOS

for WINNING the race..... go for
PRACTICE....

oopsss... for NICE PAINT JOB...

look for ALL THE PRO PAINTERS in the PAINTING and GRAPHICS THREAD

GOOD LUCK!

AND DONT FORGET to open the ATTACHMENT!!!
this one is NOT FT TC3... it is HPI RS4!!!!

:eek:

hey mop!how about hellion's bodies??

HELLION 07-21-2004 05:20 PM

hmmmmmmmmmmm

1 Attachment(s)
"Thanks Marcos" I was thinking the same. Maybe Mop got a lil cornfused I don't really do engines for the public any more but I have been building some wicked bodies:sneaky:

racer6888 07-21-2004 06:10 PM

Are the tubes on the car in the pic for a real working air intake up front?

Marcos.J 07-21-2004 08:01 PM

Re: hmmmmmmmmmmm

Originally posted by HELLION
"Thanks Marcos" I was thinking the same. Maybe Mop got a lil cornfused I don't really do engines for the public any more but I have been building some wicked bodies:sneaky:
pretty cool!!!

mop_iko 07-21-2004 08:10 PM

Re: hmmmmmmmmmmm

Originally posted by HELLION
LOL..... i want to tell SkylineVspecr34 that HELLION also can make bodies... but i dont know whether hellion can make a SKYLINE body specially made for him (alone)...????

but hey.... JUST IMAGINE DA HELLION SKYLINE.... wow!

Marcos.J 07-21-2004 08:16 PM

Re: Re: hmmmmmmmmmmm

Originally posted by mop_iko
LOL..... i want to tell SkylineVspecr34 that HELLION also can make bodies... but i dont know whether hellion can make a SKYLINE body specially made for him (alone)...????

but hey.... JUST IMAGINE DA HELLION SKYLINE.... wow!

:nod: :nod:

tomkelley 07-22-2004 06:13 AM

Actual speed of a scale rc car compared to a full sized one is slower, in scale a 50mph 1/10th car is like doing 500mph. Since budget is not an issue, why not go with a 1/5th scale?

SkylineVspecr34 07-22-2004 03:51 PM

Thanks for all your help everyone!I now have an idea of what to buy when I get a new r\c car! :D http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/499237
this is the link with pics of the car!:)

mop_iko 07-24-2004 03:23 AM

GO!GO!GO!

Originally posted by SkylineVspecr34
Thanks for all your help everyone!I now have an idea of what to buy when I get a new r\c car! :D http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/499237
this is the link with pics of the car!:)

i think i will refer to this thread to SEE what you will do to your RC car..... i have the patience to wait for it!!!!