Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Protoform Body( Cadilac 200mm)

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2004, 02:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default New Protoform Body( Cadilac 200mm)

Protoform says they have no intention of making this into a 200mm shell, I think we should start a patition to convince them to!
Old 06-24-2004, 02:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Are you serious?
Where did you hear this from?
I was hoping that they would make a 200mm version.
That sucks if they don't.
Old 06-24-2004, 03:22 PM
Tech Champion

Default Cadilac

I wrote them an e/mail, they responded and said they had no plans to produce this in 200mm. Corgie wrote me the mail. We need to alert them to the potential sales of this body, it did come in 1st&2nd in the S.C.C.A real races its first time on the track!
Old 06-24-2004, 03:50 PM
Tech Master

Cadillac CTS-V R

"In the last few years Cadillac has been systematically and successfully re-inventing it's image in the global marketplace. Part of their strategy has been to field factory prepared racecars in the highest levels of international racing around the globe. Their latest focus has been the Cadillac CTS-V R sedan that competes in the SCCA SPEED World Challenge GT category.

In an ultra-competitive field of Audis, Corvettes and Vipers, they not only top qualified but smoked the competition with a 1-2 finish in the Sebring opener! PROTOform has now brought this exciting body style to the RC world. Realistic yet functional, sedan racers will appreciate the handling and balance of this body whether racing 190mm or 200 mm classes. Made to fit ROAR, IFMAR and EFRA specifications, it comes with protective film, window masks, detail sticker sheet, and wing mounting hardware. This body is sure to add a unique new look to sedan racing in 2004." quote from the protoform website

Sounds like they intend on making a 200mm body

Protoform Caddy link
Old 06-24-2004, 04:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Saw Robbie Collins testing this body about a month ago. He said it wasn't so hot. He ditched it and put on the Losi.
Old 06-24-2004, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Body looks killer, I'd buy it!
Old 06-24-2004, 11:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

The problem with the body is it's wing... It sit's below the roof line... Much like the Nissan Altima' and the body handle's like crap... The Mazda-6, Dodge Stratus 2.1 and the Alfa Romeo 2.0 bodies wings are a tad bit higher then the roof line... This makes a real big difference in handling... You can always slap on a wing from an old crash and burn Dodge Stratus or Mazda-6 on the CTS and measure the difference in handling... Oh and just for everyone's info.. Protoform's website has the CTS on sell for $24.00 usd... Part # 1472-00... So it appears your can order the body... Wow.. Just checking.. the body to look out for is the Nemesis 200mm from Protoform... Looks sweet as well...

http://www.pro-lineracing.com/protoform.html

RC_Alan

Last edited by rc_alan; 06-24-2004 at 11:56 PM.
Old 06-25-2004, 02:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by rc_alan
The problem with the body is it's wing... It sit's below the roof line... Much like the Nissan Altima' and the body handle's like crap... The Mazda-6, Dodge Stratus 2.1 and the Alfa Romeo 2.0 bodies wings are a tad bit higher then the roof line... This makes a real big difference in handling... You can always slap on a wing from an old crash and burn Dodge Stratus or Mazda-6 on the CTS and measure the difference in handling... Oh and just for everyone's info.. Protoform's website has the CTS on sell for $24.00 usd... Part # 1472-00... So it appears your can order the body... Wow.. Just checking.. the body to look out for is the Nemesis 200mm from Protoform... Looks sweet as well...

http://www.pro-lineracing.com/protoform.html

RC_Alan
Slotmachine was saying that they're not planning to make a 200mm version.
We already know that they have the 190mm version.
The Nemesis is a sweet body.
Is it going to be ROAR legal since it doesn't represent a real car?
Old 06-25-2004, 04:32 AM
Tech Regular

I just emailed proline/protoform and asked them to let me know when they were coming out with the 200mm version of this. That is a sweet looking car.Hopefully if enough people email them, and if they already aren't producing it, they will.

Mike
Old 06-25-2004, 06:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally posted by PSI Racing

Is it going to be ROAR legal since it doesn't represent a real car?
I would guess not.
Old 06-25-2004, 09:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

the reason the wing isn't taller than the roof is because that is ILLEGAL!!
Old 06-25-2004, 12:20 PM
Tech Champion

Default Thats correct!

Originally posted by tallyrc
the reason the wing isn't taller than the roof is because that is ILLEGAL!!

When you go to a R.O.A.R Sanctioned event they make you reduce the wing to level with roof height anyway, so thats the way I try to run all of my bodys anyway. If you start out with a little higher rear of the car you can push a little more of the trunk into the air to help compensate, at least thats the way I think it works.
Old 06-25-2004, 05:08 PM
Tech Regular

WOuld the nemesis be legal with the rear wing, not because of it's height but with the extra Gernie flaps on the wing. Are they molded into it or extra'sif u want?
Old 06-25-2004, 05:28 PM
Tech Adept

The Nemesis isn't going to be legal because it violates rule 3-17 in ROAR rules for bodies. The rule states the touring car bodies must represent 2 or 4 door cars that have raced in a real touring car series. The Nemesis is a fictious car just like the Crowd Pleazer was.
Old 06-25-2004, 05:53 PM
Tech Master

What Hondaguy said.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.