Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gas Sedan Nats. Toledo, Ohio

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2004, 02:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by SCUBA STEVE
Hey guys! just wanted to say the Parma body is AWESOME! I had refused to try any other bodies until Mcsquish insisted on it and I could'nt beleive the difference! It felt like he put a Lola body on my car!....definately the body to have....Tire wise it is looking like 40 to 42 shores may we the way to go....but you may want a second opinion,....I was in the B main last race!..
parma has a 200mm alfa, thought they only have 190mm, got the item number to give it a try, my stratus is broken!
Old 08-22-2004, 06:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (99%+)

Kropy, When you get a chance, I need you to get the 40 shore tire back to me asap..... It's in the tail pipe of your explorer...hopefully it is still there , I thought it was the one I chunked but I guess it was'nt....If you can't get it out just rev your engine and it should just fly out...Thanks! S.S.
Old 08-22-2004, 07:28 PM
Tech Regular

WHAT!
Old 08-22-2004, 08:52 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by SCUBA STEVE
Kropy, When you get a chance, I need you to get the 40 shore tire back to me asap..... It's in the tail pipe of your explorer...hopefully it is still there , I thought it was the one I chunked but I guess it was'nt....If you can't get it out just rev your engine and it should just fly out...Thanks! S.S.
You never know it still might be useful.
Old 08-23-2004, 03:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (99%+)

Just kidding.....
Old 08-23-2004, 04:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Steve, he still probably (sp?) unable to talk since he was caughing up blood yesterday afternoon. And thanks for all of the crap in my car. I'll be sure to return it.
Old 08-23-2004, 08:16 AM
Tech Regular

The nationals are gonna be a longggggggg week.
Old 08-24-2004, 02:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

just wondering do rc drift cars have to be 4wd? also which is better a HPI rs4 type ss or rs4 evo? ( these might not be the exact names but they are in the ballpark)
Old 08-25-2004, 09:28 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Evan
just wondering do rc drift cars have to be 4wd? also which is better a HPI rs4 type ss or rs4 evo? ( these might not be the exact names but they are in the ballpark)
Well you might be posting your question in the wrong thread about drifting and the rs4's. Most people in attendance will be bringing race spec cars and not RTR spec cars such as the rs4s. If you like HPI go with the R40, it did win last year's nats driven by Atushi Hara. If you watch slow motion of any 4wd rc car on a track their actually drifting through cornering. RC drift cars designed to drift are basically 4wd touring cars that use tires that grip less. 4wd allows you to drift with more control. In 2wd you will see a lot more fishtailing. If you want to experiment with it just unhook your side belt (wich disables power to the front drive pulley) and see the difference.
Old 08-25-2004, 08:59 PM
Tech Elite

can someone tell me please how far away Toledo airport from track or may be it is better to fly somewhere else then Toledo. Please advice.
Thanks in advance
Edward
Old 08-25-2004, 10:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Top Gun 777
can someone tell me please how far away Toledo airport from track or may be it is better to fly somewhere else then Toledo. Please advice.
Thanks in advance
Edward
Sorry, everyone voted and we all agreed you have to walk.
Old 08-26-2004, 05:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Palmaris Europe
Sorry, everyone voted and we all agreed you have to walk.
. Again? I will stay in home!!!
Old 08-26-2004, 06:12 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Top Gun 777
Thanks in advance
Edward
Detroit Metro airport (DTW) would be available to provide more options, a larger airport, the largest airline there is Northwest, which has completed a extensive addition to the area. Your drive time from the airport to Toledo Woodville mall should be 1 hour. Just take 275 south, to 1-75 south, 280 south towards turnpike (construction is present on this stretch for a few miles through the first part but is not too bad), then woodville exit #6, turn left till you reach woodville mall and go around the left to the back (thats where the track is).
Old 08-26-2004, 06:28 AM
Tech Addict

from Toledo Express airport to the Woodville Mall. 38 minutes est.

http://maps.yahoo.com/dd_result?ed=T...=us&oerr=-3008

From Detroit Metro Airport to the Woodville Mall. 57 minutes est.

http://maps.yahoo.com/dd_result?ed=n...19%29+693-0581

If it boils down to you having to use a connection to get to Toledo airport, vs direct flight to Detroit then that might be a better option, as you might get placed on a prop plane from chicago to toledo.
Old 08-26-2004, 07:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by tomkelley
from Toledo Express airport to the Woodville Mall. 38 minutes est.

http://maps.yahoo.com/dd_result?ed=T...=us&oerr=-3008

From Detroit Metro Airport to the Woodville Mall. 57 minutes est.

http://maps.yahoo.com/dd_result?ed=n...19%29+693-0581

If it boils down to you having to use a connection to get to Toledo airport, vs direct flight to Detroit then that might be a better option, as you might get placed on a prop plane from chicago to toledo.
Thanks a lot for info, if I will decide to go, I will take plane to Detroit.
Edward

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.