R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-15-2004, 06:16 AM   #286
Tech Addict
Default ROAR EXCOM meeting soon!!!

For those of you who may have any suggestions to ROAR about rules now is the time to make suggestions to ROAR. The EXCOM will be meeting october 9th. I managed to make rule suggestions for LSN and HSN access holes in the body just by voicing my opinon in the ROAR forums on the starting grid. They will discuss implementing a rule change and passing this suggestion on to IFMAR.

For reading up on my suggestion it is within item number 14
Detroit Radio Control Car Club
tomkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 07:45 AM   #287
Tech Initiate
Default Great photos Mike!

Those pictures you shot in Toledo were the best I think I have ever seen of a R/C event!
Though I don't consider myself any kind of computer geek, I do spend a fair amount of time on one either working or traveling from forum to forum. But what is the story with your web page, site, forum,conference......... .
In the 19 or so years I have known you, I don't think I have met a more enthusiastic person toward this sport.
How about putting that talent and enthusiasm toward a normal type of forum thing? Think of it as using your power for good instead of evil.
I'm back and I'm still a prick............
Brad Charnock.
Biff Malibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 01:28 PM   #288
Tech Fanatic

thoes are not holes in haras rims they are leters riten on with a sharpie look close L R L F R R R F to mark his tires he runs stager.
ilaybrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 06:56 AM   #289
Tech Addict

Biff, thanks!!! If you'd like the Starting Grid to look and feel more like a "normal type of forum thing", just select "abalone" instead of "pistachio" for the interface. If there are changes you'd like to see in "abalone" to make it work differently, just suggest them in the "backtalk conference" which the fellow who wrote the software visits every so often.

There are a whole lot of reasons why I prefer the other interface, and don't want to switch, including the fact that while it's possible to get backtalk to "look" like a "normal forum thing", as far as I know it's not possible to get the "normal forum thing" to look like backtalk's "pistachio" interface... There are lots of other interfaces too... For whatever it's worth, Backtalk's "vanilla" interface looks and feels like the "Picospan" interface, that we started running around 1980.

I like the idea that item #97 today is numbered the same as last week, or will be next week. That way I can provide a direct link to it from anywhere on the 'net. I also like the ability to not have to see the whole list of existing discussions (unless you want to), and to just see what's new. Backtalk does have the ability now to use "attached files", but I can't afford the ability to store all those images - they would rapidly take up far more disk space and bandwidth than all the text put together. For that matter, while I'd have no objections to also putting a second forum interface on the Starting Grid website, it costs money to purchase the program - I haven't yet checked on the cost of support.

Having said all that, I'll do the following. If you get people to chip in to cover the cost of installing "vBulletin" (I think it's just under $200) I'll buy it, and install it alongside the existing Backtalk installation. If the costs are covered, I'll keep running it.

Anyway, thanks for the compliments on the photos. The new camera allows me to do again in digital what I used to do years ago with film. ...and if you think those photos are nice, just wait 'till you see the ones from Brazil!!

Last edited by mikemyers; 09-16-2004 at 07:01 AM.
mikemyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 08:00 AM   #290
Tech Champion
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Originally posted by mikemyers
Anyway, thanks for the compliments on the photos. The new camera allows me to do again in digital what I used to do years ago with film. ...and if you think those photos are nice, just wait 'till you see the ones from Brazil!!
That........I am looking forward to see.......good luck.
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote