Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gas Sedan Nats. Toledo, Ohio

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2004, 04:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Saturday was frusturating. I should have known better. AHH live and learn.

Pipe no problem. Might have to get me one of them gas pedals. I really liked it.
As I have a spastic throttle finger. LOL
Old 09-11-2004, 08:10 PM
Tech Addict

A friend of mine was asking how to find the photos of the Nats. He said he found the interface at SGRID to be rather confusing, got lost, and didn't find the pictures.

For people used to the type of interface used here and many other sites, when you go to http://www.rc-racing.com/cgi-bin/backtalk instead of selecting the "pistachio" interface, select "abalone" and it will look more like what you're used to.

How to find the piccys:

Go to http://www.rc-racing.com/cgi-bin/backtalk

Pick an interface - if you want it to be like here, use "abalone".

Click on the top conference (forum), "SGRID 2004 Conference".

If you don't see the list of all items, click on "all items". (The default setting is "New Items").

Scroll down to item #97, and click on the item name, "2004 ROAR Fuel Sedan Nationals".

As you view each page, keep clicking on the small box at the bottom, left, to see more and more responses. Each time you click, you'll get to see 25 additional responses (unless you've changed that to some other number). Note: things don't move around... item #97 will always be in the same place, right after #96.

I don't use "abalone", so I'm not an expert on how it works. For people who prefer this format, it should work very much like what you're used to.
Old 09-12-2004, 11:54 PM
Tech Regular

Talking LRP engine

Hi,

I finally found some pics of Barry Bakar's NTC3.

Check that bleu head
Attached Thumbnails Gas Sedan Nats.  Toledo, Ohio-dsc_3653.jpg  
Old 09-13-2004, 03:35 AM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Re: Barry Baker's car & engine

Originally posted by Slotmachine
No Barry was using an R/B Engine.

Barry ran the LRP Z.12R Team engines at the nats, I must know for sure since I prepared them for him...
They tried several different brands of engines in practice but decided to run "ours" for the race. Good choice sir...

Too bad he broke in the final, what exactly happened to him?
Old 09-13-2004, 08:43 AM
Tech Regular

Yooh Burito,

Barry ran the LRP Z.12R Team engines at the nats, I must know for sure since I prepared them for him...
How is the LRP engine?

Can you show us some pics?

Thanks and bye,

Thomas
Old 09-13-2004, 10:54 AM
Tech Addict

Several photos of Barry's car and engine were posted, along with a couple of Barry. Barry gave me the car to shoot, and all together I took around 20 shots of it from every possible angle. If you want a high-res image of just the engine, leave me a response and tell me from what angle you want to see it.

It's really nice when Barry (and for that matter the other guys too) give me their car to photograph - here they are, working on every possible detail trying to make the car perfect, and then they let me take the car off to the side to shoot, and they're without it for ten minutes or so... Barry's always prepared, always has the right shirt on, and can make a picture-perfect photograph any time of the day, complete with big smile. He's a real easy person to work with, to get good photos!!!
Old 09-13-2004, 12:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by mikemyers
Several photos of Barry's car and engine were posted, along with a couple of Barry. Barry gave me the car to shoot, and all together I took around 20 shots of it from every possible angle. If you want a high-res image of just the engine, leave me a response and tell me from what angle you want to see it.

It's really nice when Barry (and for that matter the other guys too) give me their car to photograph - here they are, working on every possible detail trying to make the car perfect, and then they let me take the car off to the side to shoot, and they're without it for ten minutes or so... Barry's always prepared, always has the right shirt on, and can make a picture-perfect photograph any time of the day, complete with big smile. He's a real easy person to work with, to get good photos!!!
Hey Mike, how you liking the D2H? I've got the old D1 and it's flash interface is a bit clunky to say the least But by the looks of it the D2H is absolutely spot on!!! Great photos Mike!!
Old 09-13-2004, 06:05 PM
Tech Addict

There is no "perfect" digital camera yet. In today's market, the choice really comes down to the latest Canon or Nikon camera, and that choice is always influenced by what existing lenses you've got, Nikon or Canon.

For r/c racing shots, the D2h is probably as good as it gets. It's just a tool, but it lets you get some really good shots. I don't use all the features all the time, but they're there when/if I want them. The D1x, D100, and maybe even the D70 have higher resolution, so you can get a better "scenery" photo, but when it comes down to high speed action, I love what the D2h is capable of. With 8 shots per second, and a 40-frame buffer, it does stuff I never could do before.

Just the same, many of the shots I like the most could be taken with just about any DSLR camera. You've just got to imagine the photo you want to capture, have it in your mind, and then go about doing what you need to do to capture it. It usually takes a lot of trial and error, but if you know what you want, and work at it, you'll eventually get it.

Thanks!!!
Old 09-13-2004, 11:52 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by 840918001
Yooh Burito,

How is the LRP engine?

Can you show us some pics?

Thanks and bye,

Thomas

I think mikemyers posted plenty of pics of Barry's car witht he LRP engine... There's more at www.lrp-electronic.de also of course.

So far we're really happy how everything turned out so far with our nitro engines. Customers love them and race-results have proven it's potential...
Old 09-14-2004, 12:16 AM
Tech Elite

What is the min age for the master's class?
Old 09-14-2004, 04:34 AM
rjl
Tech Fanatic

Is this is the best pic of R.C. racing ever? You can see tyre marks on the track and a tyre totally off the ground.
Mr. Myers, well done.
Attached Thumbnails Gas Sedan Nats.  Toledo, Ohio-awesome.jpg  
Old 09-14-2004, 10:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally posted by edseb
What is the min age for the master's class?
Not 100% sure, but I heard it is 35 years of age.
Old 09-14-2004, 02:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Old 09-14-2004, 10:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Yeah Nice pics

I noticed the holes in the rims, i'm guessing they are to get access to the pivot balls.

How often are they getting adjusted, I mean i would have thought that the time spent drilling holes in each rim on each set of tyres would be greater than the odd tweak here or there in which case you would remove the wheel

just curious.

DC

Originally posted by rjl
Is this is the best pic of R.C. racing ever? You can see tyre marks on the track and a tyre totally off the ground.
Mr. Myers, well done.
Old 09-15-2004, 05:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default holes

Originally posted by OZDC
Yeah Nice pics

I noticed the holes in the rims, i'm guessing they are to get access to the pivot balls.

How often are they getting adjusted, I mean i would have thought that the time spent drilling holes in each rim on each set of tyres would be greater than the odd tweak here or there in which case you would remove the wheel

just curious.

DC

The nice thing about having a wheel that has access to the adjustments is , that you can make quick trackside adjustments without removing the wheels. They most likely made the holes with a knife edge reemer, not a drill.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.