Search

About front anti-roll bar Xray NT1

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 10:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default About front anti-roll bar Xray NT1

Hi all,
i have a question about 2 screws in front anti-roll bar... there is 2 screw in horizontally position... In instruction manual is: "setscrew should be flush"... I didn't find in set-up book how to set it... Do I need to set it somehow or leave it like is in manual???
Old 11-20-2010, 10:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

You want the sway bar to be free. Meaning you want it to move side to side but not front to back. So you might have to adjust the set screws in mounts properly.
Old 11-20-2010, 10:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BuggyKing
You want the sway bar to be free. Meaning you want it to move side to side but not front to back. So you might have to adjust the set screws in mounts properly.
but for what i have that screw there??? are they for block arms to don't move it too much? when can i know when is too much or not enough?
Old 11-20-2010, 01:54 PM
Tech Regular

roger, those are the downstop set up screws.
What i do is the following.
first i adjust the play in the anti rollbar that it is equal in the left arm and the right arm. Start with the screws flush with the holder. when the left side lifts the other arm the same amount of lifting the arm as the right arm does when you lift it one side at the time. Then you get the arms at the 1mm height setup at the front turnbuckel. Adjust Both sides with the turn knob on the middle of the front arm till you have the same height both sides. then it is done. these ar the screws wich move vertical the screws wich move horizontal you can remove because you don1t want to use the upstop screws.

Greetz JW