Wiki Posts
Search

What Style/colors... NTC3

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2004, 05:37 PM
Tech Rookie

Default What Style/colors... NTC3

Hello...

Looking for some suggestions on how I should paint my car body for my NTC3....

It is a 2005 Mustang Cobra body...

Check out my site for pictures, and let me know what you think...

http://BadAssNitro.tripod.com

Regards...
BadAssNitroTC3
Old 07-19-2004, 12:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

thats a great site man, i rekn paint it either red or yellow, should look great, also where abouts did ya get that iswitch from? sounds like a good idea and i have a free channel on my receiver
Old 07-19-2004, 12:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

This is off topic, but what brand is that switch you got?
Where did you get it from and how much is it?
Old 07-19-2004, 12:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

dude all that money you spent, you need to get a reciever pack. the rechargeables in the 4 cell holder only put out 1.2v each for 4.8v total. you need to get a 5 cell so you can get the whole 6 volts to your radio system.
Old 07-19-2004, 03:51 AM
Tech Rookie

Okay... 1st item... Here's wher I got the RC switch from:

http://www.hansenhobbies.com/products.html

They're selling them for 11.95 It was a reasonable alternative instead of making one for my self from schematics on the web. Besides, it's in a nice small package.

I thought I posted that on the site.. oh well.. I'll have to do an update...

Next concerning the receiver batteries... It's not the voltage that makes it any better. Inside the electronics, there's regulators which limit the voltage to what the system needs to operate correctly. If you want the system to last longer, it's not the voltage but the current that it can source and for how long... I am using Energizer rechargable 2300mAH NiMh batteries which I found at Wal-Mart.. And these work fine. besides I haven't found anything from any hobby company or distributer that has anything close to this for a receiver pack. Also, I can keep a ton of them in my box fully charged, and just put them in when needed.

But I would consider a good flat pack that would fit in the Chassis. any ideas???

Thanks for the suggestions for the paint color. I will definately consider that...

Best Regards,
BadAssNitroTC3
Old 07-19-2004, 09:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by BadAssNitroTC3
Okay... 1st item... Here's wher I got the RC switch from:

http://www.hansenhobbies.com/products.html

They're selling them for 11.95 It was a reasonable alternative instead of making one for my self from schematics on the web. Besides, it's in a nice small package.

I thought I posted that on the site.. oh well.. I'll have to do an update...

Next concerning the receiver batteries... It's not the voltage that makes it any better. Inside the electronics, there's regulators which limit the voltage to what the system needs to operate correctly. If you want the system to last longer, it's not the voltage but the current that it can source and for how long... I am using Energizer rechargable 2300mAH NiMh batteries which I found at Wal-Mart.. And these work fine. besides I haven't found anything from any hobby company or distributer that has anything close to this for a receiver pack. Also, I can keep a ton of them in my box fully charged, and just put them in when needed.

But I would consider a good flat pack that would fit in the Chassis. any ideas???

Thanks for the suggestions for the paint color. I will definately consider that...

Best Regards,
BadAssNitroTC3
Thanks BadAssNitroTC3.
Have you had any problems with the switch?
How do you like it so far?
Old 07-19-2004, 02:26 PM
Tech Rookie

Haven't installed it yet... waiting until after I get my new car body....only thing is the switch didn't come with a connector for my JR radio so I will have to remove the existing cnnector and place one that is compatible with my system...Looks like a Futaba style connector......

Regards....