Wiki Posts
Search

Proto-Form R 15 B 1/8th body

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 02:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YLLIB
Jim, it will be decided by next Friday Late entry but I hope you let me in at the last minute. Tell Tony hi and tell him to go to mugenracing web site and answer my question under topic mrx5 set up....
Thanks BILLY
no problem Billy come on down

I will tel Tony for you.

Hope to see ya soon

Jim
Old 03-01-2011, 01:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by daleepp
occ;

We recieved approval from EFRA (in Belgium) for the PROTOform #1523 R15B body approx a week ago. The EFRA number was engraved into the mold the same day.

Dale Epp - PROTOform
Mr. Epp,

how the heck can it be then, that we are still receiving brand new shipments of R15B's that still don't have an EFRA number engraved????????
Old 03-01-2011, 05:10 PM
Tech Adept

Default How it Drives!

I just ran the PF R15B back to back against a PF 909. It's fast but a handful! Get ready with this body, way loose you'll test your set up skills. I do give it an A+ plus on looks. But for now I'll stick with the PF 909, more predictable drive.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:52 PM
Tech Addict

stefan;

When we recieved the EFRA number for the #1523 R15-B, we did not have these bodies in our (stock) inventory, because we were patiently waiting for the EFRA number. Like I said in an earlier post, the numbers were engraved the same day (Jan 6th) we recieved them and ever body produced since then has obviously had the number molded in.

We have no control over where the bodies end up that were produced prior to Jan 6th. Believe it or not there is a considerable amount of racing going on in the world that is not EFRA related. To stay in business we produce bodies and sell them to the distributors that order them. It's as simple as that. We can't "interview" the distributors to find out where the products will eventually end up. Nobody knows that. Even if we did - it would be pointless - dealers and mail order companies buy from many sources.

EFRA has a policy of approving bodies once a year in a process that takes at least 5 weeks. (in years past it has taken as long as 9 weeks)

As a company that relies stictly on the sale of bodies (not other race parts) it puts us in a position where someone like you is angry with us every year at about this time. Do I like it? Absolutely not. Do we try to take preventative measure where we can? Yes we do - and in this R15-B situation we did - and it still went sour. Will it happen again next year? More than likely.

There is no fixing this system unless EFRA starts a policy of accepting bodies for approval all year long like ROAR does. I can't see them making that change any time soon - if ever.

I'm sorry to hear that some company in your country has purchased older pre Jan 6th inventory.

How would you fix this problem if you were me?

Dale Epp - Protoform
Old 03-01-2011, 07:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Dale:

I sent you an email over the weekend and haven't heard back.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by daleepp
stefan;

When we recieved the EFRA number for the #1523 R15-B, we did not have these bodies in our (stock) inventory, because we were patiently waiting for the EFRA number. Like I said in an earlier post, the numbers were engraved the same day (Jan 6th) we recieved them and ever body produced since then has obviously had the number molded in.

We have no control over where the bodies end up that were produced prior to Jan 6th. Believe it or not there is a considerable amount of racing going on in the world that is not EFRA related. To stay in business we produce bodies and sell them to the distributors that order them. It's as simple as that. We can't "interview" the distributors to find out where the products will eventually end up. Nobody knows that. Even if we did - it would be pointless - dealers and mail order companies buy from many sources.

EFRA has a policy of approving bodies once a year in a process that takes at least 5 weeks. (in years past it has taken as long as 9 weeks)

As a company that relies stictly on the sale of bodies (not other race parts) it puts us in a position where someone like you is angry with us every year at about this time. Do I like it? Absolutely not. Do we try to take preventative measure where we can? Yes we do - and in this R15-B situation we did - and it still went sour. Will it happen again next year? More than likely.

There is no fixing this system unless EFRA starts a policy of accepting bodies for approval all year long like ROAR does. I can't see them making that change any time soon - if ever.

I'm sorry to hear that some company in your country has purchased older pre Jan 6th inventory.

How would you fix this problem if you were me?

Dale Epp - Protoform
Dale,

something doesn't add up here.
I ordered the R15B's right after the Nurmberg show.
At that time the distributor was out of stock and we waited until last Wednesday, when the new shipment from the US arrived via airfreight.
The bodies out of this brand spanking new shipment all don't have EFRA numbers.
Now I ask you, if you've been pulling engraved bodies since January 6th and you had no stock of R15B's at that time, how can it be, that we receive those bodies now?

Also, wouldn't it make sense, that if you had old stock of bodies without the EFRA number, to ship those into countries that don't need an EFRA number, instead of Europe, where it is mandatory?

Oh, and the company I am getting the bodies from are ordering directly from Proline, as they should as official distributor. The boxes still had the original Proline address stickers on them.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:35 AM
Tech Addict

stefan;
You're right, that certainly does not add up.
If possible could you send me a pm with the name of the company that ordered & recieved those bodies directly from Proline/Protoform? I'll not only investigate what the heck happened, I'll see if we can do some damage control for you personally.

Thanks - Dale
Old 03-03-2011, 01:12 AM
occ
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

What distance from the bumper do you mount this body on the MRX5?
Old 03-04-2011, 09:19 AM
Tech Addict

Hello again stefan;

I'm still waiting for that private message from you - with the information I need. It's been a couple days now. Trying to help you out here.

Dale - Protoform
Old 03-04-2011, 11:13 AM
Tech Adept

Default R 15 B

OCC, i mounted mine right over the front wheel cut outs. I was told I could have mounted it further back from center and may have gotten better results? I guess where to mount the body is to be determined? The good news is Dale said on the 2011 On Road IFMAR WC thread Scott Kimbrow finished 5th in the main at the warm up race. Let me know how it works out, I would like to try it out again.
Old 03-04-2011, 02:47 PM
Tech Master

I do understand were everybody coming from, but I had 4 bodies specially painted for the the worlds and I received them from Horizon Distributor late January and Horizon received these bodies January 12 from protoform and to find out after I got my bodies back from the painter that they are not efra approved either.
Oh well I will use them at club races. Dal is there a way that these can be mark efra after painted, I doubt it but thought I would ask.
Old 03-04-2011, 02:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by YLLIB
I do understand were everybody coming from, but I had 4 bodies specially painted for the the worlds and I received them from Horizon Distributor late January and Horizon received these bodies January 12 from protoform and to find out after I got my bodies back from the painter that they are not efra approved either.
Oh well I will use them at club races. Dal is there a way that these can be mark efra after painted, I doubt it but thought I would ask.

i read on previous post that these bodies can be used @ worlds
Old 03-04-2011, 03:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Seisick
i read on previous post that these bodies can be used @ worlds

That would be nice, it was my fault for drop ship to the painter and not checking and only assuming.
Billy
Old 03-04-2011, 09:06 PM
Tech Addict

Default Serpent 966 Mounting

Has anyone had any experience mounting this body onto the 966 just looking at it now and im not sure how far from the measuring point?

Also has anyone compared this body to the 909 on the serpent 966 and how different are they??????

thanks rc lovers
Old 03-07-2011, 12:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aza088
Has anyone had any experience mounting this body onto the 966 just looking at it now and im not sure how far from the measuring point?

Also has anyone compared this body to the 909 on the serpent 966 and how different are they??????

thanks rc lovers
mounted the 18.5 on mrx5 very smooth compared to the 909 but I liked the 909 a bit more a slight more aggressive

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.