R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-17-2011, 05:41 AM   #31
Tech Initiate
Send a message via MSN to Team Alpha R/C

Originally Posted by Tabushi View Post
Marcelo Echeverria used HPI Nitro Star 3.5 PRO Engine on his OFNA DM ONE

This was a GREAT EVENT, superb competition, awesome track, great friends sharing same passion ... will repeat next year for sure, i really hope its on the same track ...
And don't forget about the tires used in the 1/8 GT

Great Event , we can see the good organization in the pictures .
Team Alpha R/C
Team Alpha R/C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 06:10 AM   #32
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi

Originally Posted by Team Alpha R/C View Post
And don't forget about the tires used in the 1/8 GT

Great Event , we can see the good organization in the pictures .

Absolutely, ALPHA RC rocked at the event on GT Class, outperforming the other 2-3 brands that drivers were initially using (for last 2 sprints - AMain all of drivers were running ALpha RC Tires).

Here same picture and comments set posted on GT Class thread :

Well guys,

Just came from "Copa del Pacifico" event in Lima City - PERU (Southamerica). This is the 2nd bigger onroad RC event in southamerica, and this year they included GT Class in order to support the grow of this class. Very happy with my personal result (won the class) and very proud of the performance of the Alpha RC products (Body and Tires). And more proud because MY WIFE went to the event with me and pit me during the whole event on GT Class, she rocks !! (she painted my Alpha R2 body, designed and applied stickers and pit me, what else can i ask for !?).

What a beautiful track and great bunch of drivers. Track was amazing very nice straight and a lot of fun technical section on the infield.

Alpha RC had participation with 2 drivers in order to race-test the new "extra soft" and "qualifier" compounds, one with DM SPEC car (Me) and one with DM ONE (1/7) car ... and of course using 1/8 R2 body and Long Chassis R1 Body.

We found the first day of course a mix of brands of tires on the event, PMT, Ipanema's, GRP, Sweep, etc you name it and just Me and my team mate with Alpha RC . Good news for Alpha RC is that by end of the event, the full line up of A-Main drivers where using ALPHA in Ultra Soft, Soft and Medium compounds !!.

Lap times went down for the drivers who switched to Alpha RC tires and they declared to be able to brake later and enter to high speed turns later and with more speed than before, personally im very happy and proud to be part of this GT project.

Im attaching to this post a long list of pictures of GT action during the races and some pit side pics ... hope you enjoy !. And as side information, COPA DEL PACIFICIO officially added GT Class to the event, so for 2012 the event (to be held on this same track or in Ecuador, pending of desition) will have 1/10 nitro sedan and GT Classes together again.

cya !!
Patricio "PATO" Concha

E-Mail : pato_concha@yahoo.com
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 06:19 PM   #33
Tech Master

some videos of the race...enjoy

afm is offline   Reply With Quote