Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: FW05-R vs G4evo vs 710

Originally posted by Marcos.S710
i totally agree i also had the 710 but replaced it with the fw-05r
But you're changing back to 710 right?
Old 07-15-2004, 08:48 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by ATOMIC
The 710 is a great car , as is the G4 , but so is the FW-05R. They are all good chioces.
Yes, at the end of the day it all depends on the driver.
Old 07-15-2004, 08:49 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: FW05-R vs G4evo vs 710

Originally posted by InitialD
But you're changing back to 710 right?
not changing just buying another one!
Old 07-15-2004, 08:51 PM
Tech Prophet

look at who won the pre-worlds in Brazil!!!!!!!!
Ah, that's pre-worlds. The real thing comes in September ! Not many top drivers attended. Many of their team mates were rather doing testings than anything else. Barry Baker did so-so in that pre worlds race. Does that mean he does not stand a single chance of winning the Worlds with the NTC3 this September? Look forward to the Worlds and whoever wins this one would count and the previous one would not even matter.

And yes, at the end of the day, all cars are about equal competition wise. It boils down to how much money you need to bring it up to spec from box stock and if your LHS has good stock and prices for them. Support via web and what you get on trackside support is of utmost importance too.
Old 07-15-2004, 08:51 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: FW05-R vs G4evo vs 710

not changing just buying another one!
Good one !
Old 07-15-2004, 08:52 PM
Tech Prophet

i had the same engine on both cars and my lap times on my fw-05r were in the average of 1/2 second faster than the 710.
Marcos, it all boils down to what type of track you run on. Small tight and technical ones favour the FW05R because of the stock gearing which is very suited for small tracks. I know for a fact that the highest 2nd gear FDR on the 710 is about the same as the lowest 2nd gear FDR on the FW05R !

Secondly, did you FW05R come with a front diff or a oneway? The 710 comes stock with a oneway. I don't think you put a front diff in your 710, right? Yes, oneway is generally faster but if your driving style cannot take advantage of the oneway especially for a smallish track, then you'll definitely be faster with front diffs.
Old 07-15-2004, 09:20 PM
Super Moderator

Marcos, it all boils down to what type of track you run on. Small tight and technical ones favour the FW05R because of the stock gearing which is very suited for small tracks. I know for a fact that the highest 2nd gear FDR on the 710 is about the same as the lowest 2nd gear FDR on the FW05R !

Secondly, did you FW05R come with a front diff or a oneway? The 710 comes stock with a oneway. I don't think you put a front diff in your 710, right? Yes, oneway is generally faster but if your driving style cannot take advantage of the oneway especially for a smallish track, then you'll definitely be faster with front diffs.
i have the front diff but i change the second gear and i have plenty of speed at the end a 237' straight.
Old 07-15-2004, 09:21 PM
Super Moderator

Ah, that's pre-worlds. The real thing comes in September ! Not many top drivers attended. Many of their team mates were rather doing testings than anything else. Barry Baker did so-so in that pre worlds race. Does that mean he does not stand a single chance of winning the Worlds with the NTC3 this September? Look forward to the Worlds and whoever wins this one would count and the previous one would not even matter.

And yes, at the end of the day, all cars are about equal competition wise. It boils down to how much money you need to bring it up to spec from box stock and if your LHS has good stock and prices for them. Support via web and what you get on trackside support is of utmost importance too.
Old 07-15-2004, 09:55 PM
Tech Elite

are you new to RC or just nitro? if you are new to RC all together get the fw05r because it's a bit more crash worthy than the others. but really you should consider something else if you don't yet have a good control of the car. these cars are so fast and carry so much momentum that it's really not hard to completely destroy them the first time out.
Old 07-15-2004, 11:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

True about the trashing a car first time out. My friend bought the new NTC3 FT and busted up the rear end first day out. And of course the hobby shop didn't have the parts.
Another nobody mentioned that is durable is the MTX-3, you could check it out.
Old 07-15-2004, 11:49 PM
Tech Regular

Don't want to be rude here but the same question comes up at least once a week can peoples just use the search feature, there a reason why it there and it alway the same answer. Go with the one your local hobby shop have part support for, all the car is mostly the same and it mostly depend on the driver! And Chico if you haven't driven the car it would help if you don't give a opinion on it, you sound like your also a rookie because it seem like you don't know anything about R/C.
Old 07-16-2004, 12:35 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally posted by Ducati998
.... And Chico if you haven't driven the car it would help if you don't give a opinion on it, you sound like your also a rookie because it seem like you don't know anything about R/C.
I don`t think so...

Old 07-16-2004, 01:07 AM
Tech Master

Opinions are like arseholes.... Everybody has one
Old 07-16-2004, 01:11 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Chico Viega
I don`t think so...

I don't know about that it seem like every guy in here including myself don't agree with you on the FW05R is a rookie car, so I guess your the only one? And like the other guys said the FW05R won the pre-world in Brazil NOT the 710 in the other post if you know how to read correctly.
Old 07-16-2004, 01:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default re: FW05R vs. G4evo vs 710

I am so lucky to drive and work on all three car because I helps in hobby shop.

from my ppoint of view, FW-05 is most durable, but to get it run good, you need to spend as someone else said some more money. the car is very easy to drive as it is more stable, it has lot of punch but the top speed is limited compare to other two.
it is easy to work on but just need to spend some money on it
overall, easy handle but need too many upgrade like other Japanese car

G4evo, one of the best car, good aceleration, high speed, and easy setup. even though EVO version come with many upgrade, you still need to buy the low friction belt, they are the must.
as G4evo come with many upgrade, as you crash it, the repair will cost a lot. part is not cheap in US unless you buy them from HK. you have to wait. the space for servo mounting is tight, beware of it. overall, very good performance but the price price. and you need universal starter box

S710, the performance come out only when you set it right. it is the car that has most performance out of the box, as Serpent is trying to lower the price of RC, the car is bang of the bucks.
it require nearly no upgrade and the performance is proven too. but as said before , it require much more in the driver who set the car. choosing 710 as first car will give you many headache if you don't come to the forum often but once you master it, you master all cars.
the draw back on this car is that it is fregile compare to other two. there is limited practical upgrade part for those who like to burn cash and you need people help you if you are learning.
overall : good performance for the price

most important for buying a car is part support as all 3 of them are good.there is review in many magazine out there.
so you only need to consider you budget and part support in LHS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.