Originally Posted by xtreme888
hi...the setup was the same as on your setup guide for the RS. The car was excellent on low speed and on the chicane. On power sweepers were a problem. Enter first half of curve fine off power fine as soon as on power the car go wide. Dont want to change too much as the traction and handling is spot on apart from on power sweepers. Hence was thinking of raising the outer upper rear link with more shims; or moving to outside hole of the rear upper hub (less camber change ). Would overdrive (changing the front side pulley ) make alot of different to on power steering ? Any suggestions please.
Had the same problem with mine last weekend. In the middle of the corner it start driffting wide. Well here is what I did to fix it:
1. Harder springs front and rear (mine was REALLY soft)
2. Thicker oil in front shocks
3. Lowered the angle of the front and rear shocks (move the top of the shock to lower holes)
4. Increased my toe-out a bit to 1 deg (was only running 0.5 deg toe out)
5. 1.5 mm shims under the steering arm ball
This caused a major improvement - but I'm not totally satisfied with it yet. I made the following changes yesterday and will test them soon:
1. Front track width increased. (Should reduce the weight transfer from side to side and increase the lateral grip)
2. Lowered the position lower rear link. (Should raise the roll centre and cause less roll in the back)
3. Lowered the rear shocks even further
4. Moved both the front and rear wheels forward to assist with the weight transfer to the front wheels.
Hope this helps