Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Slide carb throttle arm comes loose? >

Slide carb throttle arm comes loose?

Slide carb throttle arm comes loose?

Old 06-08-2011, 06:01 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Slide carb throttle arm comes loose?

Im havin a problem with my throttle linkage coming loose from the slide carb on my TA NTC3. The engine is a RB .12 but im not sure of the exact model. The throttle linkage has a plastic ball on it with an opening in the ball, the ball on the metal slide carb arm goes into the ball and thats how it comes together.. but after a few runs up and down the street with the car the arm comes off the slide carb.. is there anyway to tighten it up?

Heres a pic of what it looks like

Old 06-08-2011, 06:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The ballcup is probably stretched out from wear. It needs to be replaced.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBME1&P=7
Old 06-08-2011, 06:54 PM
Tech Initiate

AH okay, so i gota replace a part.. darn.. well do u know if they make a metal one so i dont have to deal with anymore plastic in that area?

i was told the throttle linkage is brand new though, and it does snap into place like it should and feels pretty snugg but ends up eventually coming off, is there anything else it could possibly be?

Last edited by akirahz; 06-08-2011 at 07:06 PM.
Old 06-09-2011, 02:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

looking at the pic, it seems that the angle of the lincage to the slide is a little too sharp so when you open the throttle it increases the angle and will cause it to pop off.
try turning the plastic pivot which attaches the linkage to the horn the opposite way to reduce that angle, or even swap the brake throttle linkage positions and readjust the servo horn so it still works properly.
You really want the throttle linkage to be as inline as possible with the slide of the carb.
Note, if you do swap the positions you will need to re adjust the collets
Old 06-09-2011, 03:03 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by itchy b
looking at the pic, it seems that the angle of the lincage to the slide is a little too sharp so when you open the throttle it increases the angle and will cause it to pop off.
try turning the plastic pivot which attaches the linkage to the horn the opposite way to reduce that angle, or even swap the brake throttle linkage positions and readjust the servo horn so it still works properly.
You really want the throttle linkage to be as inline as possible with the slide of the carb.
Note, if you do swap the positions you will need to re adjust the collets
Okay i will try adjusting the plasic pivot, as it is loose and can swing all over the place, perhaps it should be tight?

I dont know what collets are? do you mean the two black screws that are on the brake linkage?

Im not sure what you mean by in-line.. like a straight line? so i should move the brake linkage over to the left in the other hole on the horn?

Thanks for your help so far
Old 06-09-2011, 05:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by akirahz
Okay i will try adjusting the plasic pivot, as it is loose and can swing all over the place, perhaps it should be tight?

I dont know what collets are? do you mean the two black screws that are on the brake linkage?

Im not sure what you mean by in-line.. like a straight line? so i should move the brake linkage over to the left in the other hole on the horn?

Thanks for your help so far
Yes inline is more straight line.
Actually having a better look at the pics, it might be less mucking around and easier/simpler to just pop the engine out and rotate the carby around till you can get to the grup screw on the slide ball end adapter.
then rotate that till the ball is on top and closer to the head, which will give you a better angle to your servo and the cup will be able to rotate on the ball enough to eliminate the problem.
After thats done, reset the carb position to where it is now and refit the engine.
I think that might fix your problem the easiest way without messing with the links.
if it still isnt the best fit, you might need to replace the ball end cap for a new one as the one on there might be a little stretched and worn from poping off all the time.
Hope it works and enjoy
Old 06-09-2011, 08:23 PM
Tech Initiate

Ah thank you for the reply good sir!

It seems to be much better now after adjusting the horn, this should work till i can replace the throttle linkage, i did quite a few passes and it never came off once after a half tank of nitro

Thanks for the help man!
Old 06-10-2011, 09:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by akirahz
Ah thank you for the reply good sir!

It seems to be much better now after adjusting the horn, this should work till i can replace the throttle linkage, i did quite a few passes and it never came off once after a half tank of nitro

Thanks for the help man!
Great to hear you got it working well
Happy running