Search
Like Tree33Likes

Xray RX8 1/8th Scale

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 05:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Thumbs up bumper

he is right cut bumper for more steering and if u use r15 body and cut behind fender wells more steering..as for orings in shocks i run the alum. ones with 1 o ring there much smoother downfall is u have to rebuild them more often if running on rough tracks.bearings iam running accer bearings cause i only got 2 weekends out of stock bearings even after oiling them...thx
Old 05-13-2011, 09:08 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Rocketron1969
he is right cut bumper for more steering and if u use r15 body and cut behind fender wells more steering..as for orings in shocks i run the alum. ones with 1 o ring there much smoother downfall is u have to rebuild them more often if running on rough tracks.bearings iam running accer bearings cause i only got 2 weekends out of stock bearings even after oiling them...thx
What about the acer bearings endurance?
Old 05-13-2011, 11:30 AM
Tech Regular

Default bearings

i had a set in my mugen allso for over a year and they were still fine when i sold the car..after every race take apart car clean bearings and reoil i have had better luck with accer than any other bearing i have tried..
Old 05-13-2011, 12:23 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Rocketron1969
i had a set in my mugen allso for over a year and they were still fine when i sold the car..after every race take apart car clean bearings and reoil i have had better luck with accer than any other bearing i have tried..
I know that they are fine I used them in my P81 but I was not having any problems with the stock ones too..I am troubled with the xray rear bearing issue you refered cause I find it abnormal to last so little.
Old 05-13-2011, 01:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

I also blew the rear axle bearing, but later realized I incorrectly installed eccentrics in the rear bulkheads, left side was opposite of the right, so the rear axle was installed at an angle. Fixed the problem, bearings are fine now. Lesson learned...
Old 05-14-2011, 11:26 AM
Tech Adept

First day in track today the car has impressed me...awesome.
Imagine that the track was very dirty but still the car was very easy to drive with the standard set up ... I think its potentials are very high...congratulations xray
Old 05-14-2011, 05:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tonyhalandri
First day in track today the car has impressed me...awesome.
Imagine that the track was very dirty but still the car was very easy to drive with the standard set up ... I think its potentials are very high...congratulations xray
nice, i will have mine out later this week as well, under-steer? over-steer? etc... u gotta give a better report than that...lol
Old 05-14-2011, 11:05 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TommyBlazin
nice, i will have mine out later this week as well, under-steer? over-steer? etc... u gotta give a better report than that...lol
I cannot give you a detailed report due to track conditions... some controlled oversteer when I try to push hard
CAREFULL sevro saver's screws became loose allthough I 've used thread lock
Old 05-15-2011, 07:48 AM
Tech Elite

We had three of the RX8's out at our first club race yesterday.... mine hit the track with the stock motor clutch but had to bail and put on my M?ugen clutch, just did not have time to figure out the Xray one. My car was good if anything a little under steer and seem to be waiting on the car a bit in the tight infield. think I had some setup issues with the wrong front springs, and some first run issues with my ability to tighten set screw correctly.

fit and finish of the kit is amazing and even with my 7 port motor not so happy on the tune was able to put it 4th qual posistion. all of the top 4 ran 20 laps.... so feel pretty good aboput the first outing. Dave Ehrlich Qual'd second behind Richard St. Cyr....

just waiting for next weekend and a dry track to get back out again, then off to RAM's in June
Old 05-15-2011, 08:34 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Just saw this clutch shoe on amainhobbies,will it solve the clutch shoe problem? XRA348575 XRAY XCA Clutch Shoe (Yellow) looks like its make only for the RX8!!!
Old 05-16-2011, 07:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Drove the RX-8 for the first time this weekend; I am very very pleased with the performance.
The clutch was progressive but aggressive when grabbing a finger full of throttle (follow the break-in procedure - used the yellow shoe), the car's handling and adjustments were responsive, and the durability - well, let me preface by saying I was very rusty; I went through 3 bodies (not all my fault, and they were super light weight -..) but didn't break the car, only damage was a bent bumper which I bent back.
After a tough 6 months, I'm getting my confidence back. Nice job X-ray!!
Old 05-16-2011, 07:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default yb

We made some brass motor mounts with a "mugen" offset for those who want to use a mugen clutch as well as brass motor mounts with the stock xray offset for those that wish to use the stock clutch. I will try to post some pictures later.

Also some magnesium axle spacers and 7075 aluminum (American T6) midshafts.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:11 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by princessmocha
Just saw this clutch shoe on amainhobbies,will it solve the clutch shoe problem? XRA348575 XRAY XCA Clutch Shoe (Yellow) looks like its make only for the RX8!!!
Interesting, I wanna try, hope there is no powdering problem.

Avoid the powdering, the clutch bearing will be fine.
Followed the shoe break-in procedure, the shoe is fine now. Got no problem on yesterday race, I uninstall the clutch on every break, the bearing got no powder on the seal. The key issue is, break-in the shoe in low rpm, and install the clutch weight in normal direction (not reverse), give it a ride.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:47 AM
Tech Elite

thought guys were tightening the gap 1mm or so as well? and a harder spring so it doesn't move, possibly the msr spring would be good?
Old 05-16-2011, 11:01 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TommyBlazin
thought guys were tightening the gap 1mm or so as well? and a harder spring so it doesn't move, possibly the msr spring would be good?
My advise is to follow the xray clutch tip and see the performance before you use any other spring.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.