Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree33Likes

Xray RX8 1/8th Scale

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 02:36 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TommyBlazin
thats a 2mm shim under the rear outside hubs, where the upper camber link attaches to, place a 2mm under there? also on the front droop is it 0 or 2? please confirm, thanks
You can refer to the updated setup sheet for details, I corrected that sheet as stated in my quoted post so that should be good to use for all of the settings.

The setup sheet is not any different than any others in its function. They do not change the graphics as the entered data is changed. The image of the droop gauge will always show zero, but it is only the entered numbers that are important.

- Bryan
Old 06-13-2011, 07:38 PM
Tech Elite

Just figured I would post up that Dana Mckee and Dave Erhilch ran the RX8's up here at the Rose City GP in Portland our first real race in the NW. Dave put his on the pole, and Dana took the win. Dave broke a rear belt early, with Richard St. Cyr holding the lead for most of the race till a flame out let Dana Take over the lead at the end. Contrats to Dana, Dave and Xray... the cars were working awesome with no real problems.

I was bummed to let my RX8 sit on the pit table but my severe motor shortage, left me no real motor to run so i sat out saved my stuff and ran mod elec sedan... not really the same.

Will be back to some hard core testing at Timezone over the next month getting ready for the GP.
Old 06-19-2011, 12:07 PM
Tech Adept

Due to lack of time today was the second time with my RX8 to the track.Standard set up only difference the flex bushing on the upper deck ...and...what an amazing car,easy to drive it made me felt like I was a world champion...
Old 06-20-2011, 08:08 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tonyhalandri
Due to lack of time today was the second time with my RX8 to the track.Standard set up only difference the flex bushing on the upper deck ...and...what an amazing car,easy to drive it made me felt like I was a world champion...
No bumpy with the original srpings?
Old 06-20-2011, 11:17 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by beebone
No bumpy with the original srpings?
No not at all...it just needs about 0,5 less camber at the rear.
Old 06-20-2011, 07:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

man what do we have to do to get this clutch to pop, i have a sheperd spring, yellow show, jp eagle 9 wich is plenty of power....5 gap just cannot get the clutch to pop, id hate to have to go to a mugen setup, but i see why m.swauger had a tuff time at the worlds, i tried ALL day, just cant get that pop that the mugens have, not even close....even played with pipes, its definatlly in the clutch, maybe that lightweight flywheel should of been standard, along with the yellow shoe..the cars great otherwise, just sux i have to dump all sorts of money to get a clutch working right? if i run the mugen, i have to get the new mugen motor mounts etc etc etc, either way spending OVER 160 on a new car to get a decent clutch is a real oversight...

if i drill out the flyweights under pressure plate will that help with the low end snap?? i know that worked on the mrx4x, just this clutch is mighty different
Old 06-20-2011, 08:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RC America
Until XRAY has the setup sheet added to their database, I will upload one here. This should be the base setup that Ralph has suggested to several drivers and is using himself. The editing is a bit rough to read, but hopefully it will work ok until the XRAY site is updated.

- Bryan
Bryan,

u see your rear upper arm position is 2 , but the lower arm position is still the shorter, was that a typo, or should we make the rear lower the 2mm longer as well... than
Old 06-21-2011, 05:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TommyBlazin
man what do we have to do to get this clutch to pop, i have a sheperd spring, yellow show, jp eagle 9 wich is plenty of power....5 gap just cannot get the clutch to pop, id hate to have to go to a mugen setup, but i see why m.swauger had a tuff time at the worlds, i tried ALL day, just cant get that pop that the mugens have, not even close....even played with pipes, its definatlly in the clutch, maybe that lightweight flywheel should of been standard, along with the yellow shoe..the cars great otherwise, just sux i have to dump all sorts of money to get a clutch working right? if i run the mugen, i have to get the new mugen motor mounts etc etc etc, either way spending OVER 160 on a new car to get a decent clutch is a real oversight...

if i drill out the flyweights under pressure plate will that help with the low end snap?? i know that worked on the mrx4x, just this clutch is mighty different
Get the Capricorn clutch set for the RX8, no seperate motormounts needed.
With the Cap. clutch the only thing you have to worry about is wether there is enough traction for the amount of "pop" the clutch provides.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

This is a good one. I done suggest to try the original clutch. Just buy the Capricorn. Save it headache, especially precious playing track time.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:22 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
Get the Capricorn clutch set for the RX8, no seperate motormounts needed.
With the Cap. clutch the only thing you have to worry about is wether there is enough traction for the amount of "pop" the clutch provides.
Wij van WC-eend adviseren......

I was told the coating inside the bel and the spring are the main problem. Use a piece of sandpaper to get rid of the coating inside the bell and use the Mugen ultra hard or Shepherd spring..
Old 06-21-2011, 08:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

the only option(and outside one) for this car, to my opinion, is another set of clutch- at least you can play the car without headache.
maybe the reason why xray asked its customers to burn in the end bell. funny huh.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:55 AM
Tech Elite

Thumbs down Real LUXURY here X-RAY

that's just UN-ACCEPTABLE i hope they correct this and send there loyal LUXURY customers the proper fix, i mean do i really need to spend over 100.00 on ANOTHER manufacturer product, that doesn't sound to luxury to me?
Old 06-21-2011, 11:43 AM
Tech Lord

I have seen that with a small modification it is possible to use Mugen clutches so should I ever get an Xray I will keep all my Mugen clutches. I am confident Xray will solve this issue but will the current drivers be capable to swap the clutch for free?
Old 06-21-2011, 12:05 PM
Tech Regular

Default could it happen ??

after reading the problem that the racer/owner of the car facing, and idea came up to my mind. Xray has been support some big event at EU,US or even at my place Hong Kong that he will give out a free package during the race. (sometimes it include t-shirt, stickers, pit towel of even spare parts) if the problem from the RX8 only involve several parts of the clutch system, maybe a replacement package will satisfy them (racer/owner) my point is the cost may not higher than the free package.
one of my friend own one and i can see he ran the car better and better each time except the thing that people now talking at. i have to say Xray products are good, i ran NT1 from 08 to EU WC version and the car still can surprise me by some setup change. hope to see people all running their cars with a
Old 06-21-2011, 12:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by choisan
the only option(and outside one) for this car, to my opinion, is another set of clutch- at least you can play the car without headache.
maybe the reason why xray asked its customers to burn in the end bell. funny huh.
what's even funnier is when people who don't even own the car keep complaining about it the most. you've been bitching about the car ever since this thread was started.

Yes, there were some clutch-shoe issues related to bad batch of shoe material. In the meantime, I have modified serpent shoe slightly to fit into flywheel, used shepherd spring and my clutch is perfect. Plenty of snap, in fact someone at my track commented how good my clutch was last time we raced. I have close to a gallon on the same shoe.

But I guess I made a bad decision trying to solve the problem, should have spent hours on rctech bitchin', whining and complaining instead...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.