Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree33Likes

Xray RX8 1/8th Scale

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 03:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Had my first proper race with the RX8 last weekend, which was in the British National series rd 2 at Wombwell and I seem to be the lone Xray runner amongst the entries. Im only an midfield runner so qualified for the C final and finished 4th in that final ( I should also mention it was my first visit to this particular circuit so had to learn the track which is the most technical here in the UK together with variable weather/track conditions ).

The car started from the default setup sheet but after the initial practice run we dialled in 4 degrees of rear camber, changed to the floating rear radio tray buttons and changed the 1st spur gear to a 50 tooth cog. This felt good with plenty of front end steering and rear end stability on 35 shore tyres all round. My car has still got the modified to fit Serpent clutch shoe installed with a .5 clutch gap nothing else different in the clutch and that ran the whole weekend without faults and without having to touch it at all. In fact the car ran totally reliable all weekend, nothing broke or fell off, or wore out even though we unintentionally tested its strength against various barriers a number of times during the event.

Absolutely love the car, many thanks to Juraj Hudy / Xray for designing and producing an 1/8 circuit car that is a pleasure to run.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:40 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tonyhalandri
My advise is to follow the xray clutch tip and see the performance before you use any other spring.
Yes, thats what I did, set the clutch and break-in in original parts.
I changed the spring in Mugen hard, Xray hard spring is too short and the collar will lose always
Old 05-17-2011, 07:53 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hi,just started building rx8!!!do you guy thinks the springs between the brake pads is abit too stiff and put too much load on the throttle servo??
Old 05-17-2011, 08:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Nope
Old 05-17-2011, 08:51 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by beebone
Yes, thats what I did, set the clutch and break-in in original parts.
I changed the spring in Mugen hard, Xray hard spring is too short and the collar will lose always
so you have only change the spring?Nothing else?
Old 05-17-2011, 10:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Capricorn Clutch for the RX8

For anyone who is experiencing clutch issues with the RX8, now there is a proper clutch available from Capricorn.
With this you're able to use the original Xray pinions but get the superior performance from the Capricorn clutch.

Old 05-17-2011, 07:08 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tonyhalandri
so you have only change the spring?Nothing else?
After break in with original spring, I change spring into Mugen hard.
Xray hard spring is too short. Nothing else
Old 05-17-2011, 07:15 PM
Tech Addict

Default Encentric wheel bearing housing

Still waiting for the set up book, I know the purpose for the front encentric housing to push the front wheel forwrd to gain more caster.
But no idea about the rear, only involve the roll center adjustment? Any idea?
Old 05-17-2011, 08:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Still waiting for the set up book, I know the purpose for the front encentric housing to push the front wheel forwrd to gain more caster.
But no idea about the rear, only involve the roll center adjustment? Any idea?
Both front and rear upright eccentrics are there to adjust wheelbase in addition to moving arms
Old 05-17-2011, 11:49 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by *gk*
Both front and rear upright eccentrics are there to adjust wheelbase in addition to moving arms
What exactly does on the rear eccentrics? lower/forward means lower roll center and reduce wheel base?
Old 05-17-2011, 11:53 PM
Tech Lord

You can set the ride height without affecting the setup. When setting the rideheight with the spring collar you will change several settings like camber and rollsetting.
Old 05-18-2011, 12:29 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Roelof
You can set the ride height without affecting the setup. When setting the rideheight with the spring collar you will change several settings like camber and rollsetting.
oic, thanks! What if I want the tail becoming lose, move the eccentric up and forward?
Old 05-18-2011, 01:29 AM
Tech Lord

I would say less toe-in, lower the rear body/spoiler and play with the rollcenter settings.
Old 05-18-2011, 05:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default YBSLOW BRASS MOTOR MOUNT

75g
Attached Thumbnails Xray RX8 1/8th Scale-rx8_brass_motormounts_web-1.jpg  
Old 05-18-2011, 09:29 AM
Tech Adept

oic, thanks! What if I want the tail becoming lose, move the eccentric up and forward?
less rear camber,put some shims below rear upper arm,move rear absorbers to the upper holes....in general higher the rear rollcenter
Anyone knows when we put shims in the front sevro saver's linkage(outer position to the hubs)?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.