Xray RX8 1/8th Scale

Old 04-14-2011, 08:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Last edited by quietstorm76; 04-14-2011 at 09:17 PM. Reason: pointless
Old 04-14-2011, 08:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Let me just suggest that the addition of new blood and company involvement from Capricorn and XRAY can only do the hobby good. Have you noticed we are not exactly filling out the fields with 1/8th cars in the US? Maybe some of you should work on helping the hobby grow rather than going on to other companies threads and posting trash talk.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rpoage
Let me just suggest that the addition of new blood and company involvement from Capricorn and XRAY can only do the hobby good. Have you noticed we are not exactly filling out the fields with 1/8th cars in the US? Maybe some of you should work on helping the hobby grow rather than going on to other companies threads and posting trash talk.
I agree that new competition helps the hobby but trash talk is not what's hurting 8th scale, the cost is hurting the class. Yes I run 8th and sedan, but even with support 8th scale is really expensive to run competitively.

And before this goes any farther, I didn't trash the car, I just thought someone made a good point and I agreed with him. As many "other car drivers" that invade the Serpent thread and trash our car, this is the last thing I would do.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:59 PM
Tech Adept

I have always loved the hate that the XRAY threads seem to create! I will go buy some toilet paper so we can TP their factory while they are away at the Worlds! That 'll teach 'em!

I browse through other brands' threads and dont run into nearly as many XRAY drivers or representitives bagging on their brands. But everyone sure likes to congragate in the XRAY threads! (thats not directed at any one person in particular, just a general observation). I certainly have never seen the HUDY's attack the numerous companies that have made low quality knockoffs of their tools and truers while imitating our appearance to fool customers, but more than one company rep has graced our presence in the RX8, NT1, and other threads. I guess it its better than being so insignificant to the market that no one is interested in posting in our thread, be it a customer or a hater!

If people don't like their marketing style, so be it. No one forced you to go to their webpage and read their column I never liked the Progressive Insurance commercials, but I certainly never felt the need to find a forum to vent my 'hate' I just change the channel! But if you need to hammer them, more power to you. It certainly hasn't hurt us from building a great following and support program for all XRAY drivers with the NT1, and the same will be true for the RX8. I am sure Ralph, Mike, Paul, Drew and our other drivers will overlook the comments on here to help you at the track or one of our Challange races, regardless of what car you run. (well, there are a few of you they might dial out!) You can crack jokes about spending time on different things, but I guarantee you that no one in this thread spends any more time at work than Juraj does. That is a business that he has built over time, and he is still very involved in all of the development, testing, production, and other decisions just as he was when it was just a few people making tools. I wouldn't want the responsibilities or burdons that he deals with, and I think the quality of the products they make speak loud and clear about his pride and his priorities. I am glad the main complaint about XRAY is the marketing. It is better problem to have than low quality products!

Tommy, I am sure XRAY would address any issues should they develop. It would be handled through the distributors, so for you that is us! I don't believe there are widepread problems as the cars released in other areas a few weeks ago have been running well based on several race reports.

Ralph did not mention any exploding disc issues to me, but I am not at the race so I don't know if that happened during the last week. He said they were looking for a setting between a couple of the setups that they had tried. Testing is not really productive when done in 10minute increments at the Worlds, but the late arrival of our car kind of forced that to happen! If I knew Mike better I might make light of Martin Hudy out qualifying him, but I am not sure where the Swaugzilla nickname came from. That might not work out well for me!

Hopefully with what they learned from today, we can make a few bumps during the mains and get a chance to see what we can do in the final!

- Bryan
Old 04-15-2011, 02:39 AM
Tech Elite

Please allow me to ask a few questions, since this is all very confusing:

What I find very hard to understand is, how people with decades of experience in this sport, can come to a WC to find out that the clutch of their car is not workin?

Even if the clutch is not working, wouldn't people like Swauger and Burch find a way to aquire a clutch that works?
May it be from a local dealer or former team mates from other brands.

I cannot imagine that those guys wouldn't be able to get a Capricorn, IDM, Mugen or Serpent clutch, if they really needed one.
I mean, it's the WC, not a club race and with all the money they have spent to be there, I would get me a clutch that works.

Secondly, and that's even more fishy in my opinion: Why have those clutches stopped working only in qualifying?
In controlled practice those guys were right up there and now they are nowhere.
The practice format was basically the same as qualifying, so what happened?
The traction was even higher in practice before the rain, so that should have made it even harder on the clutches then.

Third, how come that the "new kid on the block" Eric Dankel seems to have his clutch sorted out, something the long time professionals obviously can't?

A very devious mind would probably ask a completely different question:
Is this drop in performance in any way related to the tire impound?

I am not making accusations, just being curious what you guys think.

Let me know if you think any of the above questions are unreasonable and shouldn't be asked, because then I won't

Last edited by stefan; 04-15-2011 at 02:40 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 04-15-2011, 02:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RC America
If I knew Mike better I might make light of Martin Hudy out qualifying him, but I am not sure where the Swaugzilla nickname came from. That might not work out well for me!

- Bryan
Have you been to any races lately, or at all?

I would think his nick name comes from races like the 2004 Winternationals, where he won the 1 hour sedan final, got back on the stand and won the 1hour 1/8th final as well. I was there it was VERY impressive.
Or maybe the WC in Lostallo, where he drove an absolute brilliant race and became vice champion.

Oh wait, that was all with Mugen!

Then you should probably go with the only win this RX8 has to show: Swaugzilla in Ft.Myers.

Maybe it's not Mike that is not on top of his game, but the car???

I guess Mike is gonna give you a big hug for that mindless comment of yours
Old 04-15-2011, 03:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Speedypeterb
I guess you could if the cars drove themselves
Since we are talking about the worlds I think we can leave driver skill out of the equation, almost every brand has a possible WC running for them, with Xray bringing a very impressive line up.

Originally Posted by Slo-MTX4
Dont think you can claim that considering there are 2 Mugens in front of the capricorn.

However this is the Xray thread so that is all i am going to say.
I know, i know, but the Mugen guys are a lot more modest and don't state things like 'we know best' and 'aluminum cars are no good'
Since Xray does make these statements it's a lot more fun to joke around with them.

Originally Posted by Novarossi
Mr Hudy should spend less time writing about world domination and his engineering brillance, and more time working on fixing clutch

Originally Posted by RC America
I have always loved the hate that the XRAY threads seem to create! I will go buy some toilet paper so we can TP their factory while they are away at the Worlds! That 'll teach 'em!

I browse through other brands' threads and dont run into nearly as many XRAY drivers or representitives bagging on their brands. But everyone sure likes to congragate in the XRAY threads! (thats not directed at any one person in particular, just a general observation). I certainly have never seen the HUDY's attack the numerous companies that have made low quality knockoffs of their tools and truers while imitating our appearance to fool customers, but more than one company rep has graced our presence in the RX8, NT1, and other threads. I guess it its better than being so insignificant to the market that no one is interested in posting in our thread, be it a customer or a hater!

If people don't like their marketing style, so be it. No one forced you to go to their webpage and read their column I never liked the Progressive Insurance commercials, but I certainly never felt the need to find a forum to vent my 'hate' I just change the channel! But if you need to hammer them, more power to you. It certainly hasn't hurt us from building a great following and support program for all XRAY drivers with the NT1, and the same will be true for the RX8. I am sure Ralph, Mike, Paul, Drew and our other drivers will overlook the comments on here to help you at the track or one of our Challange races, regardless of what car you run. (well, there are a few of you they might dial out!) You can crack jokes about spending time on different things, but I guarantee you that no one in this thread spends any more time at work than Juraj does. That is a business that he has built over time, and he is still very involved in all of the development, testing, production, and other decisions just as he was when it was just a few people making tools. I wouldn't want the responsibilities or burdons that he deals with, and I think the quality of the products they make speak loud and clear about his pride and his priorities. I am glad the main complaint about XRAY is the marketing. It is better problem to have than low quality products!

Tommy, I am sure XRAY would address any issues should they develop. It would be handled through the distributors, so for you that is us! I don't believe there are widepread problems as the cars released in other areas a few weeks ago have been running well based on several race reports.

Ralph did not mention any exploding disc issues to me, but I am not at the race so I don't know if that happened during the last week. He said they were looking for a setting between a couple of the setups that they had tried. Testing is not really productive when done in 10minute increments at the Worlds, but the late arrival of our car kind of forced that to happen! If I knew Mike better I might make light of Martin Hudy out qualifying him, but I am not sure where the Swaugzilla nickname came from. That might not work out well for me!

Hopefully with what they learned from today, we can make a few bumps during the mains and get a chance to see what we can do in the final!

- Bryan
It's not hate against the brand, it's the very strong statements Hudy makes which sometimes rubs people in the wrong way.
When you state in your column that your brand new 1/8 has the best drivetrain, lowest CoG and that a plastic car is better than an aluminum car and all you can do is P20 with that brilliant car people like to react to that and prove you wrong.
At least that's the reason I responded, being a bit more modest would be a good thing.
Old 04-15-2011, 04:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
Since we are talking about the worlds I think we can leave driver skill out of the equation, almost every brand has a possible WC running for them, with Xray bringing a very impressive line up.

I know, i know, but the Mugen guys are a lot more modest and don't state things like 'we know best' and 'aluminum cars are no good'
Since Xray does make these statements it's a lot more fun to joke around with them.

It's not hate against the brand, it's the very strong statements Hudy makes which sometimes rubs people in the wrong way.
When you state in your column that your brand new 1/8 has the best drivetrain, lowest CoG and that a plastic car is better than an aluminum car and all you can do is P20 with that brilliant car people like to react to that and prove you wrong.
At least that's the reason I responded, being a bit more modest would be a good thing.

Old 04-15-2011, 04:17 AM
Tech Champion

Gulp.... P20 ?

Is there a chance for Mike Swauger to bump up to main final ?
( I'm assuming the championship is using christmas tree )
Old 04-15-2011, 04:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

Wouldn't it be kind of ironic and funny if the clutch issues were caused by the plastic bulkheads Hudy swore by?
Old 04-15-2011, 05:06 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by asw7576
Gulp.... P20 ?

Is there a chance for Mike Swauger to bump up to main final ?
If they have enough spares to rebuilt a new clutch every semi....

Excuse me, I couldn't resist...
Old 04-15-2011, 05:29 AM
Tech Elite

What really bothers me personally about him is his way to belittle every other brand and designer out there, but his products usually look VERY similar to those of the others.....
Old 04-15-2011, 05:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by HPIRacer79
Wouldn't it be kind of ironic and funny if the clutch issues were caused by the plastic bulkheads Hudy swore by?
Actually, there's really nothing wrong with plastic bulkheads.
We are running the Motonica P81RS which also has plastic bulkheads and I like them much more than the wear - prone aluminium parts on the 966 we ran before.

I spent over 100 € recently to get the play out of my 733
Old 04-15-2011, 07:01 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stefan
The practice format was basically the same as qualifying, so what happened?
The qualifiers were seeded by the three fastest consecutive laps, not laps and time. That makes a big difference.
Old 04-15-2011, 07:07 AM
rjr
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by stefan
I am not making accusations, just being curious what you guys think.

Let me know if you think any of the above questions are unreasonable and shouldn't be asked, because then I won't
Stefan, for someone not making accusations, you sure do it a lot.

Funny how the people who complain when drivers of other cars go onto "their car's forum" and trash talk have no issue doing so here.

Hey, be proud of the car you drive. Be proud of the country you represent. But why do you have to try to tear down someone else? Are you all really that insecure?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.