Community
Wiki Posts
Search

kyosho rrr evo 2 wc and nt1 2010

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 12:05 AM
Tech Regular

Default kyosho rrr evo 2 wc and nt1 2010

I am trying to find out which is the best on road cars to buy.. almost year ago it was these two cars that i knew were the best..

the shimo edition as well...

is there is something new coming so is better to wait?
Old 09-24-2010, 05:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by didrace
I am trying to find out which is the best on road cars to buy.. almost year ago it was these two cars that i knew were the best..

the shimo edition as well...

is there is something new coming so is better to wait?
Xray NT1 World Champion Edition.

It should be shipping out the first week of October according to RCAmerica.

If you live in the US, you should contact them directly so you can pre-order it or point you to your nearest LHS that is going to have them.

Hope this helps.
Old 09-24-2010, 05:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

serpent 733 is pretty good as well, at my local track, its either nt1 or 733, i think theres only two people with rrr evo 2 and i'm one of them
Old 09-24-2010, 05:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

both are very good cars!!

serpent 733 is good, lots of carbon fibre and aluminium but seems a lil heavy?

i also like the design of it aswell. steering servo facing forward, front wire anti roll bar, the rear end of the car is really nice.

xray nt1, remind me of a mtx4/rrr.
Old 09-24-2010, 04:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

the mugen mtx5 is claimed to be coming out soon, Mike Swauger told me in July that Mugen was holding off until 2011 though to put their efforts in offroad for now. If you want a car today, the above cars are pretty decent and have good global parts support.

You are going to see a lot more aluminum bulkhead cars (shepherd, 733, capricorn, mtx5..) due to the cost of plastic molding. Someone told me they would have to sell about 10k units to make a plastic mold break even.

I think the NT1 and RRR are the only two that basically came out with one set of bulkheads, arms and general plastics and stuck with them for the entire history of the car.
Old 09-24-2010, 06:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Brian Bosley
the mugen mtx5 is claimed to be coming out soon, Mike Swauger told me in July that Mugen was holding off until 2011 though to put their efforts in offroad for now. If you want a car today, the above cars are pretty decent and have good global parts support.

You are going to see a lot more aluminum bulkhead cars (shepherd, 733, capricorn, mtx5..) due to the cost of plastic molding. Someone told me they would have to sell about 10k units to make a plastic mold break even.

I think the NT1 and RRR are the only two that basically came out with one set of bulkheads, arms and general plastics and stuck with them for the entire history of the car.
MTX4 has kept their bulkheads for atleast 6 years?
Old 09-24-2010, 07:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

MTX4-R is old but still competative but parts are getting harder to find,if you dont want to wait for the new MTX5 grab the Xray NT1.
JMO
Old 09-24-2010, 07:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by helivaguy
MTX4-R is old but still competative but parts are getting harder to find,if you dont want to wait for the new MTX5 grab the Xray NT1.
JMO
Yeah, you are right.

But if I am not mistaken, the kit has already been discontinued. MTX-4 parts supply after the arrival of the MTX-5 won't last long. I'd suggest the same thing as helivaguy, wait for the MTX5, or get the NT1 WC right now which is the currently hot ticket .
Old 09-25-2010, 03:36 AM
Tech Initiate

Default rrr

Originally Posted by kai888
serpent 733 is pretty good as well, at my local track, its either nt1 or 733, i think theres only two people with rrr evo 2 and i'm one of them
I also have a rrr evo 2 and i think that kyosho is the way to go with
Old 09-25-2010, 04:13 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Riketsu
Yeah, you are right.

But if I am not mistaken, the kit has already been discontinued. MTX-4 parts supply after the arrival of the MTX-5 won't last long. I'd suggest the same thing as helivaguy, wait for the MTX5, or get the NT1 WC right now which is the currently hot ticket .
i dont think the car has been discontinued, only the mrx4 is discontinued. What i believe is that 733, lab c01 or v10 are the only new design touring cars right now, while nt1 and RRR have been out for a long time. This definetely doesnt mean that these cars can not win anymore, only that we can expect from them to release a new car soon.
Old 09-25-2010, 05:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

RRR is still kicking ass
Old 09-25-2010, 05:23 AM
Tech Adept

If RRR kicks ass, why your RRR is a mixture of RRR, nt1 and 733?
Old 09-25-2010, 05:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by gfilos
If RRR kicks ass, why your RRR is a mixture of RRR, nt1 and 733?
haha, got nothing to say to that!.

i just took the best of all and put it into one to make a super car!

the car is garenteed to win!.

kyosho is WC, NT1 is WC.. cant loose.

LOL
Old 09-25-2010, 02:24 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by LiL_JaSoN
haha, got nothing to say to that!.

i just took the best of all and put it into one to make a super car!

the car is garenteed to win!.

kyosho is WC, NT1 is WC.. cant loose.

LOL
are your hands WC also?
Old 09-26-2010, 03:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gfilos
i dont think the car has been discontinued, only the mrx4 is discontinued. What i believe is that 733, lab c01 or v10 are the only new design touring cars right now, while nt1 and RRR have been out for a long time. This definetely doesnt mean that these cars can not win anymore, only that we can expect from them to release a new car soon.
As I mentioned above, the sheer cost of changing plastic molds means we will not see any major revisions in the RRR, MTX4 or NT1 in the near future. We may see entirely new cars like the MTX5 is supposed to be all aluminum like the 733/lab/shepherd/others but I haven't been able to tell what kyosho or xray are doing. Mugen is on the sideline for sure.

Ralph Burch said that he will be driving an Xray 8th scale for the 2011 worlds in florida just this last July so I assume that Xray is very busy building one for him.

Shimo had a few random things, I just don't see anything coming out for that car or he would have had it. They already have a good 8th scale car unlike Xray and you could say Mugen as well so both of those companies are putting a lot of effort into 8th scale for the worlds.

The end of the story really is that the current 'top' kits are fast, kyosho, xray, mugen, serpent, shepherd, capricon... What can you get parts for?

I believe all of those cars made the main (or close to it) at the worlds although more Xray I believe.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.