Its Official Serpent partners up with Picco for new MEGA engines project

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Its Official Serpent partners up with Picco for new MEGA engines project

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2004, 06:30 AM
Tech Master

As all curren Nova based engines use the same size internals (the main sizes being equal that is) I would be interested to see how NovaRossi is going to make new stuff that doesn't fit NovaMega. That would mean it fits none of the current engines...
Old 07-07-2004, 06:32 AM
Tech Regular

Default Salven's engine.

Hi,

I have enlarged the picture by 100%, and find out that the carb is a nylon one, instead of aluminium.

This can affect the costs a bit, but not by 30-50% like said on mytsn.com.

I hope the new line of engines will be fast and reliable.
Old 07-07-2004, 06:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Julius
As all curren Nova based engines use the same size internals (the main sizes being equal that is) I would be interested to see how NovaRossi is going to make new stuff that doesn't fit NovaMega. That would mean it fits none of the current engines...
u r right !!
Old 07-07-2004, 06:52 AM
Tech Regular

we will act in such a way so that Serpent can no longer use our spare parts
Smart move!

That's really childish... If I was using NovaMega and didn't know parts are interchangeable with NovaRossi, I'd be MegaPissed with NovaRossi. I would change to Mega by Picco in an instant.

Heck... I'm using NovaRossi now, but I'll change "just" for the difference in price.
Old 07-07-2004, 07:08 AM
Tech Addict

Novarossi will no longer supply Serpent with engines and we will act in such a way so that Serpent can no longer use our spare parts.
What does that specifically mean? NovaRossi will no longer supply parts to serpent? Or Novarossi will make it difficult for all novamega owners to find parts for them? Perhaps Serpent should start publishing novarossi part numbers for their current lineup of novamega motors.
Old 07-07-2004, 09:06 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by tomkelley
What does that specifically mean? NovaRossi will no longer supply parts to serpent? Or Novarossi will make it difficult for all novamega owners to find parts for them? Perhaps Serpent should start publishing novarossi part numbers for their current lineup of novamega motors.
In all probability, Novarossi will stop supplying Serpent with spare parts for the Novamega engine. However, Novarossi would be foolish not to ensure that users of the novamega engines do not have an alternative supplier for spare parts. Expect to see the appointment of a new distributor for novamega specific parts.

I have noticed that not all the nova based engines use the same parts. eg the conrods may be different as the crankshaft pin is sometimes bigger or smaller
Old 07-07-2004, 09:46 AM
Tech Master

Novarossi, on my point of view has been extremely arrogant in making such statements.

There prices have been sky-rocketing over the past few years, and we can't really blame them because nobody could match their standard of engines.

But now that other companies are so called more independant in making more reliable and faster engines, I hope they will DESTROY the market dominance of Novarossi.

I'll definetely support companies which are putting in efforts to bring the costs down on RC.
Old 07-07-2004, 11:02 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by GT-4
Novarossi, on my point of view has been extremely arrogant in making such statements.

There prices have been sky-rocketing over the past few years, and we can't really blame them because nobody could match their standard of engines.

But now that other companies are so called more independant in making more reliable and faster engines, I hope they will DESTROY the market dominance of Novarossi.

I'll definetely support companies which are putting in efforts to bring the costs down on RC.
They've obviously tried to take a leaf out of Microsoft's book - only in this case, you can change an engine to another manufacturer very easily - not like the well know operating system.
Old 07-07-2004, 11:27 AM
Tech Regular

Hi,

The best for Rc racing engines would be a non Nova Rossi based world champion.

So it's up to Picco, Sirio and now Mega to built an engine that can beat the Nova Rossi based engines.

That is why I hope Serpent and Mega will win the worlds!
Old 07-07-2004, 11:29 AM
Tech Adept

wow... you really don't know anything about rc eh? go do some more research before you start postin here.
anyways sirio did win the worlds with their .21.
Old 07-07-2004, 12:04 PM
Tech Regular

Isn't Serio Novarossi based? That is a question not a smartaxx comment.
Old 07-07-2004, 12:40 PM
Tech Adept

"Sirio" is made by starmotor. not novarossi. and it's what lamberto collari used to win the worlds in cincinnati in 2003.
Old 07-07-2004, 12:59 PM
Suspended

Default DAMN,thats

what i have been saying,no parts for these engines...i tell you what,i WILL change to MEGA engines this fall.....ken
Old 07-07-2004, 01:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Do Novarossi carbs fit on Picco engines?
Pieter Bervoets already said that the new Mega engines will come with plastic carbs.
I hate plastic carbs.
I prefer to use the reliable metal Novarossi carb if I switch over to the new engines.
Old 07-07-2004, 02:11 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by PSI Racing
Do Novarossi carbs fit on Picco engines?
I believe for the current Picco engines, yes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.