Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nitro 4-tec 2.5?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2004, 09:04 PM
Tech Adept

Default Nitro 4-tec 2.5?

I'm thinking about getting a on-road nitro.

What do you guys think about the nitro 4-tec for a begginer to on-road?

Kyle
Old 07-01-2004, 09:16 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)
Default Re: Nitro 4-tec 2.5?

Originally posted by RebelRacer

Kyle
get the HPI

Old 07-01-2004, 09:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

It all depends on if you just want to play around and run a RC car in the parking lot or in front of your house... Or do you want to enjoy the hobby the way it was meant to be enjoyed... The Nitro 4Tec is a nice first time Nitro RC car for a kid... It's a RTR and the company Traxxas backs there products very well... That said, the N4TEC is more on the lines of a parking lot basher... You really can't just throw foams on it and race it at your local RC track... I don't know your age or funds you have to work with, but if you're over 16yrs old, I would go to your local Nitro RC track and see what all the drivers there and driving... I'm sure you won't find one N4TEC... There's a big difference in going straight then it is driving around an on-road track and full speed... If you can, do some research on the Mugen MTX3, Serpent 710, Nitro TC3 Team kit.. Now these three cars mention are all winners... You could even throw in the HPI R40... I won't, but someone will I'm sure... Back to your question, figure out what you really want to do in this hobby and go from there... You can spend your hard earned money wisely or you can end up waisting your money on the wrong purchase... If you just want to bash... Then the N4TEC is fine.. If you want to really race and enjoy the hobby, look at getting a Mugen, Serpent or Team Associated product... Oh, one last thing, if you're a hands on person, it's always better building your first kit then to have a RTR kit... Hey, I'm sure alot of folks here want to help you out, but we need alittle more info on what you really want to do in the hobby... Bash or Race?

RC_Alan
Old 07-01-2004, 09:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Oh, and if you just have to have an HPI product.... Don't buy nothing less then an R40... Go back and read my first post again... Look for the line that said hard earned money and spending it wisely... That picture and car posted by Marcos.S710 would be a waist of your hard earn money... Marcos.S710, why would point a newby in that direction??? RS4 RTR EVO what ever.. lol I would think you would have said buy the Serpent at least...

RC_Alan
Old 07-01-2004, 10:47 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by rc_alan
You really can't just throw foams on it and race it at your local RC track...

RC_Alan
hahaha that is so true.
My buddy who got a nitro 4 tec went with me to a track, and he bought foams there. He put them on and right after the straightaway his ccar would traction roll every time. After like the 3rd time he went home
Old 07-01-2004, 11:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by compaq888
hahaha that is so true.
My buddy who got a nitro 4 tec went with me to a track, and he bought foams there. He put them on and right after the straightaway his ccar would traction roll every time. After like the 3rd time he went home
Old 07-02-2004, 05:40 AM
Super Moderator

Oh, and if you just have to have an HPI product.... Don't buy nothing less then an R40... Go back and read my first post again... Look for the line that said hard earned money and spending it wisely... That picture and car posted by Marcos.S710 would be a waist of your hard earn money... Marcos.S710, why would point a newby in that direction??? RS4 RTR EVO what ever.. lol I would think you would have said buy the Serpent at least...

RC_Alan

Kyle

well he stated that he was a beginner and the rtr by hpi is a simple car he should have any headaches as far a trying to built and set up the r-40,he can just add fuel to the rtr and go and learn, if he got a high competition car in the beginning he probably get frustrated trying to set up. just my 2cents. also he wouldnt spent alot of money to start. no starter box , set up gages etc.and the hpi is very easy to find replacement parts for.
Old 07-02-2004, 07:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Marcos.S710... Did you even read my first post???
Let's see what this newbie wants to do with his first nitro RC car... Bash or Race? I mention 3 companies along with the Traxxas as options for him... To bash, you can't go wrong with the N4TEC... 60-plus mph, EZ-electric starting system and a life time warrenty on the super strong TRX2.5 motor... All on a Ready to run car... Now for a newbie wanting just to bash, there is no better RTR to bash with then the Traxxas N4TEC period. Traxxas online support and forum site are great as well... That said, I would only recommend a Traxxas for a basher who wants to learn and enjoy the hobby in a parking lot or in front of his home...
Now if he goes to his local track and see how the real racers of this hobby race there cars... He might just opt. to go directly into racing... I think almost everyone posting here on these threads was a newbie at one time... Some of us got great info and we spent our hard earn money on the right things and the best companies for racing the first time out... Hey, there are alot of RTR's out there that... Like I said, we really don't know what he wants to do.. Bash or race??? A great 1st timer RTR for racing would be the new Nitro TC3 plus... Revised rear end and two speed tranny.... Just add a few changes and hopups and you're not that far from a Team version of the NTC3... Let's see what direction he wants to go in first... Because this can go around and around for nothing...

RC_Alan
Old 07-02-2004, 08:08 AM
Super Moderator

Marcos.S710... Did you even read my first post???
Let's see what this newbie wants to do with his first nitro RC car... Bash or Race? I mention 3 companies along with the Traxxas as options for him... To bash, you can't go wrong with the N4TEC... 60-plus mph, EZ-electric starting system and a life time warrenty on the super strong TRX2.5 motor... All on a Ready to run car... Now for a newbie wanting just to bash, there is no better RTR to bash with then the Traxxas N4TEC period. Traxxas online support and forum site are great as well... That said, I would only recommend a Traxxas for a basher who wants to learn and enjoy the hobby in a parking lot or in front of his home...
Now if he goes to his local track and see how the real racers of this hobby race there cars... He might just opt. to go directly into racing... I think almost everyone posting here on these threads was a newbie at one time... Some of us got great info and we spent our hard earn money on the right things and the best companies for racing the first time out... Hey, there are alot of RTR's out there that... Like I said, we really don't know what he wants to do.. Bash or race??? A great 1st timer RTR for racing would be the new Nitro TC3 plus... Revised rear end and two speed tranny.... Just add a few changes and hopups and you're not that far from a Team version of the NTC3... Let's see what direction he wants to go in first... Because this can go around and around for nothing...

RC_Alan
couldnt agree with you more!!!
Old 07-02-2004, 08:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

RC_Alan
Old 07-02-2004, 09:10 AM
Super Moderator

RC_Alan
your are correct a NTC3 would be exellent car easy to set up, i had the old kit and loved it.
Old 07-02-2004, 01:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I agree. The NTC3 would be the best choice to get. It's REALLY easy to work on even for a beginner. And it's also capable of winning if you decide to get a few hop ups down the line. You get the best of both worlds, get the RTR and you have a basher/racer, get the kit and you got a potential winner.
Old 07-02-2004, 02:55 PM
Super Moderator

Originally posted by mckrooz
I agree. The NTC3 would be the best choice to get. It's REALLY easy to work on even for a beginner. And it's also capable of winning if you decide to get a few hop ups down the line. You get the best of both worlds, get the RTR and you have a basher/racer, get the kit and you got a potential winner.
the team kit is awesome

especially the new rear suspencion

Old 07-02-2004, 03:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

never get anything less than the r40 from hpi if you want to race it.
Old 07-04-2004, 03:35 PM
Tech Adept

Ok guys, sorry it took so long fro a reply. I have several off-road trucks, and I want to explore the on-road scene, I don't really plan on racing, but i want somthing that performs. I'm a big associated fan, I have two T3s and a T4, and like them a lot.

but my only nitro is a T-MAXX, and I like Traxxas's support, they are great. I'm not sure what to look for in a good nitro.

But Like I said earlier, I want somthing that performs.

Kyle

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.