Wiki Posts
Search

Disassembel Engine

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2004, 12:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (98%+)
Default Disassembel Engine

Hi all the RC guru out there, may I know that do we need to do engine internal cleaning after how many gallon of fuel we run on it?? If we disassemble the engine do we need to prepare anything when assemble it back?? Thanks.

Old 07-01-2004, 02:52 AM
Tech Elite

it isn't totally neccessary to disasemble your engine, just as long as you take good care of it. my recommendations are;

-run a new airfilter every race meet,
-use afterrun after every race meet
-use top quality degummed oil and synthetics

disasemble the motor just to see if everything is "OK" before break in, after break in and every 8 litres or so of fuel.

done.
Old 07-01-2004, 05:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (98%+)

Hi thanks for your reply. You mean every 8 litres we should open up the engine and do some service?? Thanks again.
Old 07-01-2004, 09:36 PM
Tech Regular

I'm a little nervous to take apart my engine. I do not have a diagram of my motor. I don't know where to start. ANyone have a break down of the rossi black pixy .12 3 port.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 07-03-2004, 12:00 AM
Tech Master

Default my first engine dissamble last few weeks

me too! i am afraid first to take apart my engine.

but you have to try it!

it is easy.

BUT

be careful... you have to REMEMBER which part is UPward which part is DOWNward. You dont want to assemble your aprts wrongly and destroy your internal parts!

what i would suggest take the parts out ONE by ONE and look carefully HOW TO REASSEMBLE it again. REMEMBER the position of those things.... which one facing LEFT, which one FACE RIGHT, which one face UP and DOWN etc etc. You wont be afraid after your first try! trust me!

i give you a link (which i gave in another thread) it should be able to give you basic idea.

go here . This link showing how to take out your engine parts PROPERLY. also include pictures on how to take out the hardest element in the engine which is the bearings. but for normal / basic engine cleaning, no need for you to take out the bearing unless it has BURST!

and if you look in the pic i attached... the parts is LESS than a DOZEN! i dont believe you will get confused!

and WE DO NEED to check our engine ONCE in A WHILE. WHat do we need to check? and WHY?
1) The conrod length. If the conrod has stretched.... it will make the BURST the piston head.
2) The conrod bushing. If the bushing has erosion, it will make your piston loose and effect your sleeve. thus low compression.
3) The piston sleeve. If it has scrathces, it wont give you the requierd compression.
4) Bearings. Brust bearing will make your engine DIED.
5) Metal chipping also will kill your engine.

For your info:
Before you use your engine for the first time.

IT IS ADVISABLE to open up the engine. WHY?
1) To check any metal chips inside the engine. clean all the internal parts of the engine.
2) To check the AIR LEAK. Even new engine sometimes have leakage. so to maek sure your engine is LEAK FREE.

so a good engine is NOT ONLY putting AFTERRUN oil. But a good engine is also require maintenance.

mop
Attached Thumbnails Disassembel Engine-novamax-full-set.jpg