me too! i am afraid first to take apart my engine.
but you have to try it!
it is easy.
be careful... you have to REMEMBER which part is UPward which part is DOWNward. You dont want to assemble your aprts wrongly and destroy your internal parts!
what i would suggest take the parts out ONE by ONE and look carefully HOW TO REASSEMBLE it again. REMEMBER the position of those things.... which one facing LEFT, which one FACE RIGHT, which one face UP and DOWN etc etc. You wont be afraid after your first try! trust me!
i give you a link (which i gave in another thread) it should be able to give you basic idea.
. This link showing how to take out your engine parts PROPERLY. also include pictures on how to take out the hardest element in the engine which is the bearings. but for normal / basic engine cleaning, no need for you to take out the bearing unless it has BURST!
and if you look in the pic i attached... the parts is LESS than a DOZEN! i dont believe you will get confused!
and WE DO NEED to check our engine ONCE in A WHILE. WHat do we need to check? and WHY?
1) The conrod length. If the conrod has stretched.... it will make the BURST the piston head.
2) The conrod bushing. If the bushing has erosion, it will make your piston loose and effect your sleeve. thus low compression.
3) The piston sleeve. If it has scrathces, it wont give you the requierd compression.
4) Bearings. Brust bearing will make your engine DIED.
5) Metal chipping also will kill your engine.
For your info:
Before you use your engine for the first time.
IT IS ADVISABLE to open up the engine. WHY?
1) To check any metal chips inside the engine. clean all the internal parts of the engine.
2) To check the AIR LEAK. Even new engine sometimes have leakage. so to maek sure your engine is LEAK FREE.
so a good engine is NOT ONLY putting AFTERRUN oil. But a good engine is also require maintenance.