R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-27-2010, 01:45 AM   #1
Tech Adept
Default can anyone on here help me coose foam 1/8 on road tyres

Hi people need some advise on what tyres I need to get for my car I have the plain foams at the moment.I think I may need tyres for wet 2 but how many different types or tyres can u get e.g damps and normal or are there diferent levels of soft to hard.Also what does shore mean on foam tryers e.g shore 35
kyoshoevolvam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 12:36 PM   #2
Tech Rookie
Default Tires

The shore on tires is referring to how hard the tire is. The higher the shore, the harder the tire. Ex- a 35 shore tire is harder than a 30 shore tire. Pretty much all of the main tire companies are putting our a good product using Japanese foam these days. So you should be pretty safe with all of them. I have only seen tires for wet surfaces one time. I thought rain tires didn't exist, but apparently they are out there. The only time I've ever seen them was in the hands of a driver that was getting ready to go to the worlds. I've never actually seen someone run radial rain tires though. Hope this helps. Best of luck.
wrxlerate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 04:42 AM   #3
Tech Initiate

The best advice is get to the track at Adur on sunday when there is a race meeting. There will be plenty of 8th scale drivers as there is no national meeting. Talk to them as well as the UK importer of Enneti tyres.RC Direct
rc-direct.co.uk ,Team Titan ARC R10, Edam Spirit and Razor, Enneti tyres, Blitz bodyshells
Edam Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 02:07 PM   #4
Tech Regular
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Try looking for BSR. They are inexpensive and a great lasting tire.
It's not a hobby.....It's a passion!!
ma racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 11:26 AM   #5
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default tires

Looks like you are just getting started into 1/8th on-road with all of the different posts.
You might have better luck if you made a list of questions concerning say tires,engines, set up or what ever the questions may be, and then post it all at one time.
Everyone starts some where, and usually has quite a few questions when they just start out.
Anyway, good luck with your car, and enjoy it
[COLOR="Red"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][/FONT][/COLOR]BRC358http://www.kamikazercracing.com
nearest barstool
brc358 is offline   Reply With Quote