Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
"DLS" system works on all cars. Makes great traction! >

"DLS" system works on all cars. Makes great traction!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"DLS" system works on all cars. Makes great traction!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 08:59 AM
Tech Rookie

Default "DLS" system works on all cars. Makes great traction!

Serpent released the DLS system at this years worlds, from all the tests it make great rear traction, and now many other car company users are trying it on there cars and loving it.
Attached Thumbnails "DLS" system works on all cars. Makes great traction!-733-dls.jpg   "DLS" system works on all cars. Makes great traction!-dls-733-001.jpg   "DLS" system works on all cars. Makes great traction!-dls-733-002lr.jpg   "DLS" system works on all cars. Makes great traction!-dls-733-003lr.jpg  
Old 09-23-2010, 09:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I have mine coming in today! Im going to try it this weekend.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:12 AM
Tech Adept

i'm looking forward to try this system in my car nt1, but i've being waiting other drivers to post their pics so i can see if i need any mod to make it fit on my car?, do you know anything about it?

Last edited by mc_chofo; 09-23-2010 at 09:46 AM.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

wonder if the 966 will have it
Old 09-23-2010, 09:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 134 (100%+)
Default dls

will this work with a 1/8th scale kyosho car
Old 09-23-2010, 10:00 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by motojon
wonder if the 966 will have it
I have seen pictures of someone fixed it on an 966
Old 09-23-2010, 10:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by De Soto Racing
Serpent released the DLS system at this years worlds, from all the tests it make great rear traction, and now many other car company users are trying it on there cars and loving it.
Interesting system... looks like a very elaborate way of building a live axle for the rear of the car... that's 25 years of suspension development down the drain!
Old 09-23-2010, 10:31 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sosidge
Interesting system... looks like a very elaborate way of building a live axle for the rear of the car... that's 25 years of suspension development down the drain!
Nope, it's still essentially independent. Besides, live axle actually has some pretty big benefits as a rear suspension. Its main downside is the very high unsprung weight. That isn't a problem with this system.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:24 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by wingracer
Nope, it's still essentially independent. Besides, live axle actually has some pretty big benefits as a rear suspension. Its main downside is the very high unsprung weight. That isn't a problem with this system.
the unsprung weight is not so much so wouldn't even worry about it, the kit is made for serpent cars and sure it won't take very much to put on any 1/10 cars. as for 1/8th you may need to have bigger parts and longer links, so I'm not sure if there will be a 1/8th kit yet, but wouldn't doubt that it will come out for 1/8th soon.....
Old 09-23-2010, 12:10 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris Tosolini
the unsprung weight is not so much so wouldn't even worry about it,
Exactly my point. Live axle actually has some real advantages but high unsprung weight kills it on rough tracks. This system has most of the advantages of a live axle (camber control) without the disadvantage of the unsprung weight.
Old 09-23-2010, 12:31 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by sosidge
No, not realy. it also has some disadvantages, I think with offroad the car will be a hell to drive, this system only works at its best when both wheels are steady on the ground. If one is lifted from the ground than the other will be a mess which we have seen when touching a curb, dot or the grass line.

The only thing you need to do is think different with the rest of the setup options.

For those who are interested, there is also a non link version:
http://www.f1technical.net/forum/vie...&highlight=opt
Old 09-23-2010, 01:08 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by wingracer
Exactly my point. Live axle actually has some real advantages but high unsprung weight kills it on rough tracks. This system has most of the advantages of a live axle (camber control) without the disadvantage of the unsprung weight.
the DLS works! It made so much traction for me, and so easy to drive, it was crazy. I just need time for me to make it work for me, but it does work.
Old 09-23-2010, 01:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris Tosolini
the DLS works! It made so much traction for me, and so easy to drive, it was crazy. I just need time for me to make it work for me, but it does work.
Any chance of a set-up sheet to be published soon for the DLS?
Old 09-23-2010, 02:04 PM
Tech Adept

i'm really looking for on using this system on our mexican tracks since they don't have so much grip like the tracks in the rest of the world, i just want to know if i can use it on a nt1, anybody?
Old 09-23-2010, 02:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Some people have asked if the DLS system can be adapted to other cars. The answer is NO.

Here's the reason:

One of the most notable features of the 733's design was that it had a wide open rear end. This opening in the 733's chassis design allows for room which the DLS mechanism. Other cars like the NT1 or Mugen or RRR have enclosed composite bulkheads that take up the space which the DLS needs for it to function. Just take another look at the pictures in the first post and you will see.

The only way to adapt the DLS onto other cars would be to redesign the entire rear end chassis to allow room for the DLS mechanism. Definitely this can not be easily modded by hacking at the bulkheads with Dremel.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.