Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RCAmerica/Xray,Hudy

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 12:46 PM
Tech Master

Default Clearing things up.

The springs that we ran were the red 35lb. The part number for (4) springs is #308388...The part number for (2) springs is #338288..These springs are just for the rear.

The spring has been around for awhile, so many of you might already have them from the NT1 and the electric cars.

It is the light red (35lb). The dark red is the (38lb).

Thanks Drew
Old 04-27-2011, 05:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Default body

Originally Posted by Drew Ellis
The springs that we ran were the red 35lb. The part number for (4) springs is #308388...The part number for (2) springs is #338288..These springs are just for the rear.

The spring has been around for awhile, so many of you might already have them from the NT1 and the electric cars.

Thanks Drew
What up Drew? I'm good and can't wait to get this car on the track!!
Gotta order springs also waiting for you to get the set up posted so I can put it on my car. I will hit you up soon also have some other quesstions for ya
TTYL
Old 04-27-2011, 05:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Default oopa

Originally Posted by Charlie Williams
Gotta order springs also waiting for you to get the set up posted so I can put it on my car. I will hit you up soon also have some other quesstions for ya
TTYL
questions
Old 04-27-2011, 08:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Charlie Williams
TTYL
Right on, just waiting for Xray to get the setup sheets online. As soon as that happens we will have some set ups on there. I will see what I can come up with on here for you guys for the time being. Have to go to Cali tomorrow, but get back on Monday.

Thanks Drew
Old 04-27-2011, 09:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

OK guys below is a list of info for the RX8.

The bodies the team liked the most was the R15, there were a few that liked the 909. So I think if you have both you will be fine at any track.

The clutch, you will need to seat the clutch before running. Set the clutch lose about flush with the nut. Run a tank or two on the starter box revving the engine up to engage the pad. This will let the pad break in and perform better. You are looking for a light blackish mark on the pad.

The springs, right now the mugen white is the closest to what the team ran in the front. Xray should be shipping the new springs soon. The Xray rear 35lb and 38lb spring will work fine.

The shock oil setup. I think a good starting point is 2 hole fixed all the way around. Ralph ended up with 3 hole fixed 700 in the front and 2 hole fixed 550 in the rear. That is what he liked best at the WC.

Tires, most of the team ran 32 fronts and 35 rears. they ran between a 6mm to 7mm split.

The bodies were mounted 23mm forward. The measurement was taken from the middle of the bumper with the body mount forward.

The flex on the radio tray seemed to make more steering then having it with no flex. I am sure that will differ with each racer. Ralph, Mike and Paul ran the flex.

Hope this helps some as we will be having more info soon. Please post any feedback here.

Thanks Drew
Thanks Drew for the update, can't wait to receive my RX8's !!!!

Best Regards!!!!
Old 04-28-2011, 01:26 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks Drew
Excellent information , Thank you and please keep it coming, The more info is shared the better the RX8 experience will be and therefore encouraging more people to purchase the car.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:42 AM
Tech Elite

Great Info Drew Thanks: Looking forward to joining the team and waiting for the RX8 and some good weather to show up here in the NW.... looks like a 70 degree sunny weekend coming up, so we will be out scrubung the moss off with some 32 shore foam sand paper

Keep the info coming....
Old 04-29-2011, 09:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

the car build like a dream, about to put electronics and motor into it, i will have it out next week, mid week for some testing OH YEAAAA.i have the mugen whites, and that 38lb spring for rear as well...guessing the supplied oil is the way to go, with 2-hole fixed pistons.....this car has alot "inside" u cannot tell, but when u build u can see the adjustments are endless/ i imagine setups will be coming for a LONG time, wich is sweet, means our car will get better and better, the xray composite plastic is in a league of its own!!!!! anyone break anything yet btw?
Old 05-02-2011, 08:08 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Shock Rebound?

Guys,

When (track conditions) should I use the different shock rebound settings? I see lots of setups at 50% but I was wondering about 0 and 100%.

thanks
Old 05-02-2011, 09:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Drew!
I am returning to Xray. I have a NT1 WC due to arrive today. Should I build it per the kit instructions or is there any recent tweaks I should consider?
Brian
Old 05-02-2011, 09:33 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TommyBlazin
the car build like a dream, about to put electronics and motor into it, i will have it out next week, mid week for some testing OH YEAAAA.i have the mugen whites, and that 38lb spring for rear as well...guessing the supplied oil is the way to go, with 2-hole fixed pistons.....this car has alot "inside" u cannot tell, but when u build u can see the adjustments are endless/ i imagine setups will be coming for a LONG time, wich is sweet, means our car will get better and better, the xray composite plastic is in a league of its own!!!!! anyone break anything yet btw?
car is outstanding
Old 05-03-2011, 09:28 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
Drew!
I am returning to Xray. I have a NT1 WC due to arrive today. Should I build it per the kit instructions or is there any recent tweaks I should consider?
Brian
Brian,
Great to hear. I would start with Ralph's setup. Just go to www.teamxray.com and go to setup then setup search and type Ralph Burch in, all his setups will be there. The newest one is what we are running.

Also guys sorry I have not been on here just got back from are first Xray Challenge.

Thanks Drew
Old 05-04-2011, 05:49 AM
Tech Elite

drew ill post here, as it bothers you to check out the rx8 thread for some reason.....Lipo SRC 1600 rx packs that u suggested in the rx8 thread, this is the pack that will let me lower the tank 3mm as suggested in advertisment for car? RX8?
Old 05-04-2011, 06:03 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TommyBlazin
drew ill post here, as it bothers you to check out the rx8 thread for some reason.....Lipo SRC 1600 rx packs that u suggested in the rx8 thread, this is the pack that will let me lower the tank 3mm as suggested in advertisment for car? RX8?
Yes this is the pack that will let you lower the tank. NT1 and RX8.

And you can post where ever you want. But don't get upset if no one from RCAmerica does not jump on your question in the other thread. As this is the RCAmerica thread. If you would rather get your info from someone you don't know then post there, if you want info you can trust then post here. Its pretty simple, have a question for RCAmerica/Xray USA post here.

Thanks Drew
Old 05-04-2011, 06:30 AM
Tech Elite

Yes this is the pack that will let you lower the tank. NT1 and RX8.

And you can post where ever you want. But don't get upset if no one from RCAmerica does not jump on your question in the other thread. As this is the RCAmerica thread. If you would rather get your info from someone you don't know then post there, if you want info you can trust then post here. Its pretty simple, have a question for RCAmerica/Xray USA post here.

Thanks Drew
well stated...ok i want the pack, can u shoot link where to buy it..i didn't see the 1600...i saw the src area, but when i went into x-shop i couldn't navigate anywhere? thanx....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.