RCAmerica/Xray,Hudy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RCAmerica/Xray,Hudy

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 07:43 AM
Tech Regular

I would recommend the Xceed Lipo (2s 1300mah).

The primary challenge I've found with Lipo's and the NT1/RX8 (they share the same batter plate), is when you move to Lipo, you typically use the XRAY Brass Battery Tray to compensate and lower the CG, which has dimension limitations in width and length (it's milled to about 82mm length and 29.5mm width (height dependent on how low you want the tank to fit). The standard composite is produced with nimh battery in mind, and has curves molded in to capture those batteries, or the other option is the graphite/carbon flat tray, which opens up battery dimension options a few mm's in each direction, but you lose the weight of brass.

Now, the older Xceed packs are about 82mm length, 29mm width and 10.5mm high and "dropped right in" the brass tray, the newer packs are the same width and height, but gained about 5mm in length..

** all measurements are from memory

I had to open the newer xceed pack, and rewire the balancing plug, which reduced the length about 4mm and allowed me to use the XRAY brass battery tray.

After thinking about all the work, I'm now asking myself if this is really necessary!
Old 05-06-2011, 08:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Darint

The primary challenge I've found with Lipo's and the NT1/RX8 (they share the same batter plate), is when you move to Lipo, you typically use the XRAY Brass Battery Tray to compensate and lower the CG, which has dimension limitations in width and length (it's milled to about 82mm length and 29.5mm width (height dependent on how low you want the tank to fit). The standard composite is produced with nimh battery in mind, and has curves molded in to capture those batteries, or the other option is the graphite/carbon flat tray, which opens up battery dimension options a few mm's in each direction, but you lose the weight of brass.

Now, the older Xceed packs are about 82mm length, 29mm width and 10.5mm high and "dropped right in" the brass tray, the newer packs are the same width and height, but gained about 5mm in length..

I had to open the newer xceed pack, and rewire the balancing plug, which reduced the length about 4mm and allowed me to use the XRAY brass battery tray.

After thinking about all the work, I'm now asking myself if this is really necessary!
HELL YEA its all about that confidence when ur standing on that stand adrenaline pumping all the thought of how ur car was prepared go thru ur mind in a instant, and SURELY those lil, But take a WHILE mods surely calm me down, and im ready to get busy,,,racing is next to fighting for me, adrenaline and training or in this case wrenching all plays the part,,,,i ordered a exceed myself today just for ish and giggles... didn't see a balance3 plug tho?
Old 05-06-2011, 09:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

if not able to find that particular lipo pack
i believe that a 3+2 flat AAA 11OOmah nihm pack will work
these should have 89 31 9 dimensions!
Old 05-06-2011, 11:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Seisick
I THOUGHT OF THAT AS WELL, BUT I HAVE 4 OF THE KO RSX SERVO'S AND THERE RATED AT 7.4... come on xray get these packs in for us, or im suing for false advertising..haha..nah id NEVER hurt a company that can produce something so FINE, im in love with my kit, and i haven't run her yet..but im stocked up..4 bodies, about40 complete sets of tires, case of tornado competition 25%, JP Eagle 9< WICH I NEED A REPLACEMENT ROD AND PIN IF ANYONE HAS ! FOR SALE, THE EAGLE 9RS>, and a NOVA PTS coming<possibly>, but no damm LIPO...LOLOLLLL
Old 05-09-2011, 07:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Darint

Who'd a thought you were a mechanical/electrical engineer to boot...lol
Old 05-09-2011, 11:12 AM
Tech Elite

Old 05-09-2011, 11:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Seisick
there used to be a guy who wired em up years ago, pretty darn sweet, light, packed a decent punch, but in my case id need 1 more aaa and im not sure if that would push the envelope a little to much in my case as i need 7.4 volts for my servos to perform as they ere designed to.

/
Old 05-09-2011, 11:18 AM
Tech Regular

Drew,
How are the SRC wheels and tires holding up to the rigors of world class racing. Don't see them advertised too much...just curious.

Thx.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ma racer
Drew,
How are the SRC wheels and tires holding up to the rigors of world class racing. Don't see them advertised too much...just curious.

Thx.
They are awesome is all I can say. In sedan class I picked up .5 seconds per lap over RB tires. In 8th scale all I have run is the standard weight wheels and had the same results.

Not speaking for Drew, just giving my results.
Old 05-09-2011, 12:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ma racer
Drew,

Thx.
The tires are good. Ralph has been happy with them. SRC is a company that has been in Italy for sometime now, but is just now opening up to the globe market. I think there will be a lot more from this company. They are the one's that designed the Kruzer 200mm gas body. So it is not just a tire company.

Thanks Drew
Old 05-09-2011, 12:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Drew Ellis
The tires are good. Ralph has been happy with them. SRC is a company that has been in Italy for sometime now, but is just now opening up to the globe market. I think there will be a lot more from this company. They are the one's that designed the Kruzer 200mm gas body. So it is not just a tire company.

Thanks Drew
For those of us that cannot buy from RC America, how or where can we purchase them.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by godzukihop
For those of us that cannot buy from RC America, how or where can we purchase them.
If you are having a problem finding them, you can give RCAmerica a call at 214-744-2400 or shoot me an email at [email protected].

Thanks Drew
Old 05-09-2011, 05:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Maybe you can set a 3÷3 aaa that will give you 7.2v! Of course the performance of nihm. Vs lipo is no match but at least is a 1100mah enough for 45 minutes mains!

Originally Posted by TommyBlazin
there used to be a guy who wired em up years ago, pretty darn sweet, light, packed a decent punch, but in my case id need 1 more aaa and im not sure if that would push the envelope a little to much in my case as i need 7.4 volts for my servos to perform as they ere designed to.

/
Old 05-10-2011, 07:01 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by YBSLOW
They are awesome is all I can say. In sedan class I picked up .5 seconds per lap over RB tires. In 8th scale all I have run is the standard weight wheels and had the same results.

Not speaking for Drew, just giving my results.
Ty Brad...You know I always appreciate a qualified judgment on stuff. I was thinkin of running some of the SRC tires at the Biggie. See you there !!!

Thanks Drew as well...
Old 05-10-2011, 11:23 AM
Tech Elite

when building the shocks are u guys building with the thinner washers/o-rings or the other way with the thicker one?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.